Fred Meyer clearance (now at additional 20% off)

petersen98374

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
At the Fred Meyer in WA, they have their clearance games an extra 20% off.
I got (Gamecube)
Odama $20 -20% = $16
Def Jam V $2 -20% =$1.50
Ant Bully $10 -20% =$8
Pikmin 2 $10 -20% =$8
Sonic Riders $10 -20% =$8
Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness $10 -20% =$8

Check it out, you might find something good!

Nintendo DS
$9.97
Alex Rider Stormbreaker
Danny Phantom
Deep Labyrinth
Franklin
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Lost Magic
Metroid Prime Pinball
Monster House
Nicktoons Unite
Over The Hedge
Over The Hedge Hammy Goes Nuts
Ping Pals (yes, overpriced at $9.97 )
Sudoku Gridmaster
Tiger Woods PGA Tour

Children of Mana
Contact
Magnetica
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam
Spyro Shadow Legacy
Bomberland Touch

GameBoy Advance
$1.97
Metroid NES Classics

$9.97
Ant Bully
Danny Phantom
Mega Man 6
Over The Hedge
Tony Hawk Downhill Jam
...LOTS more

$19.97
Castlevania Double Pack
FF IV
Some TMNT double pack

Gamecube
$1.97
Def Jam V

$9.97
Pikmin 2
Sonic Riders
Shrek Smash and Crash
Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness
NFS Underground 2
Ant Bully
Teen Titans
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Shadow Hedgehog

$19.97
Pac-Man World Rally
Odama

Xbox
$1.97
Drake
PGR 2
MechAssault

Xbox $9.97 games
Flatout
Flatout 2
SSX On Tour
NFL Street 2
Timesplitters FP
Driver Parallel Lines
Open Season
Over the Hedge
Battlefield 2
Rainbow Six Critical Hour
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
NBA Ballers Phenom
Star Wars Republic Commando
Star Wars KOTOR
Star Wars III ROTS
Mercenaries
Da Vinci Code
Several sports games including NHL 2K6
Elder Scrolls III Morrowind Game of the Year Edition
Star Wars Battlefront
DDR Ultramix 4 Bundle (yes, with pad)

Xbox 360 games. All are $15.98 after discount:

Bomberman Act Zero
College Hoops 2K6
Dead or Alive 4
Dynasty Warriors 5
Fifa 2006 World Cup
Full Auto
Gun
Kameo
Madden 06
NBA 2K6
NBA Live 06
NHL 2K6
Quake 4
Rumble Roses
The Outfit
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
Forza

PS2
$1.97
Blowout
Arc The Lad End of Darkness
Dead TO Rights II
R Racing Evolution
Rogue Ops
Run Like Hell

$9.97
Terminator: Dawn of Fate
Path of Neo
Parallel Lines
Call of Duty 2 SE
Clock Tower 3
Full Spectrum Warrior
Pirates of the Caribbean Legend of Jack Sparrow
Shrek Smash N Crash Racing
Full Spectrum Warriors Ten Hammers $9.97
50 Cents Bulletproof $9.97
Bratz: Forever Diamondz $9.97
Flushed Away $9.97
Godfather $9.97
Justice Leagues Heroes $9.97
Lupin the 3rd $9.97
Monster House $9.97
Pimp My Ride $19.97
Sopronos $9.97
Taito Legends $9.97

$19.97
Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires
Samurai Warriors 2 Empires $19.97
NFS Carbon Collector's Ed $19.97

PSP
$9.97
Bomberman
Capcom Classics Remixed
Coded Arms
Gradius Collection
Infected
MLB 06
NBA Ballers Rebound
NFL Street 2 Unleashed
Open Season
Pac Man World 3
Prince of Persia Revelations
Super Monkey Ball Adventure
Spy Fiction
World Series of Poker

$19.97
Rengoku

UNKNOWN SYSTEMS
Super Robot Wars Original Generation

[quote name='eldergamer']It was 40% off at the vancouver freddie's too. I picked up super robot og 2 for $5. Strange how last week they had all the yellow stickers for the gba/cube clearence games, but no games. This week they have a full display of the clearence games. (many at outrageous prices. $17 for tales of phantasia, ffv, ffvii?)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, those GC, GBA games are 40% off their original prices till Jan 5th - it has nothing to do with the clearance which is coincidentally at 40% off as well. So those 3 are $29.99 - 40% = $17.99. If they were clearance games they'd be $17.99 (or more likely $19.97) and THEN an additional 40% off. That would be nice ;).

All I saw at my local FM was some 2007 Soccer game for the 360 (for $19.97 - 40%, still way too much), Genji for the PS3, and All-Pro Football 2k8 for the PS3. There might have been one or two PSP games as well. Oh, and I think the Marvel Trading card game for the DS was back, which is wierd (because it was gone for a long time). I believe all of those are $19.97 - 40%, though the PS3 games might be $29.97.

Edit - Correction, the prices aren't nearly as good as I thought (just got back from FM). Genji is $49.97, NBA 07 for PS3 is $49.97, the soccer game is $29.97, and All-Pro Football for PS3 is $29.97 (all an additional 40% off from those prices of course).

Odin Sphere is $11.99 (correction, $17.98) after discounts. The copy I saw had the label halfway slit open actually thru the case at the spine. Otherwise, I'd have gotten it.

[quote name='brianmoy']Odin Sphere is $11.99 after discounts. The copy I saw had the label halfway slit open actually thru the case at the spine. Otherwise, I'd have gotten it.[/QUOTE]

Wait, what?? Is it a clearance game? If it is $11.99 that sounds like a $19.97 clearance price - 40%. My store is usually right on top of clearance markdowns but these are still in the case and not tagged as such. They have several of them! I was glancing at the PS2 section to get an idea of what might be on clearance soon. They have a couple of Persona 3 also, which seems like a likely clearance game at some point soon. Also Valkyrie Profile 2.

Wierd that they would make Odin Sphere $19.97 when they still have Rogue Galaxy at $29.97 (unless that has dropped further and they haven't retagged it).

Anything else new that you noticed?

[quote name='io']Wait, what?? Is it a clearance game? If it is $11.99 that sounds like a $19.97 clearance price - 40%. My store is usually right on top of clearance markdowns but these are still in the case and not tagged as such. They have several of them! I was glancing at the PS2 section to get an idea of what might be on clearance soon. They have a couple of Persona 3 also, which seems like a likely clearance game at some point soon. Also Valkyrie Profile 2.

Wierd that they would make Odin Sphere $19.97 when they still have Rogue Galaxy at $29.97 (unless that has dropped further and they haven't retagged it).

Anything else new that you noticed?[/quote]

Yep, it was a $19.97 clearance game. I was thinking "wow" and if wasn't for the label damage would have gotten it for sure.

If the store you go to still has it in the case, then as you know its to your benefit as clearance prices will be in their computer. I'll take a note of clearance games I see at one store - and then certain stores, I'll look for them in the case to see if they haven't retagged em yet, and I'll get the game at the clearance price - much to the surprise of the clerk.

If it was a recent markdown, time to check cases!

As far as others - I don't know if it was new but I'd never seen it before - was Trauma Center Under the Knife for DS - $19.97, $11.98 after 40% off. I actually already have the game, but for the price picked up another.

Some other game I saw was $29.97 - I know not a huge markdown, I forget the title but it was a really good game I was thinking about getting. (my memory sucks)

[quote name='brianmoy']Yep, it was a $19.97 clearance game. I was thinking "wow" and if wasn't for the label damage would have gotten it for sure.

If the store you go to still has it in the case, then as you know its to your benefit as clearance prices will be in their computer. I'll take a note of clearance games I see at one store - and then certain stores, I'll look for them in the case to see if they haven't retagged em yet, and I'll get the game at the clearance price - much to the surprise of the clerk.

If it was a recent markdown, time to check cases!

As far as others - I don't know if it was new but I'd never seen it before - was Trauma Center Under the Knife for DS - $19.97, $11.98 after 40% off. I actually already have the game, but for the price picked up another.

Some other game I saw was $29.97 - I know not a huge markdown, I forget the title but it was a really good game I was thinking about getting. (my memory sucks)[/quote]

Hold on a sec... I'm thinking with my less than great memory, maybe the really good game I saw at $29.97 was Odin Sphere ($17.98 after 40% off) and not at $19.97. I have a tendency to be wrong a lot, so I'm thinking maybe I mixed up the price.

Either way, its a good price and I'll be checking it out at a Fred Meyers today and will get em a copy if the copy I find is in good shape this time.

There was one Rogue Galaxy left at my Fred Meyer for $29.97. With the 40% off it came out to just under $20 including tax :) I already had a new copy I bought when it first came out, but I gave it to my younger cousin for Christmas, so this was a nice way of getting a replacement. :)

I wish I had picked it up when they were doing 50% last month, but 40% is honestly very hard to beat either way.

picked up a copy of 'odin sphere' at my local fm. it was in the case and marked as $40, but it rang up as $30 - 40% = $18 (plus tax). awesomeness!
i wanted to check other games as well, but i didn't have time. the other two games i'm waiting for are 'persona 3' and 'grim grimoire'. if anyone notices that they are on clearance, please post here. thanks.

[quote name='brianmoy']Hold on a sec... I'm thinking with my less than great memory, maybe the really good game I saw at $29.97 was Odin Sphere ($17.98 after 40% off) and not at $19.97. I have a tendency to be wrong a lot, so I'm thinking maybe I mixed up the price.

Either way, its a good price and I'll be checking it out at a Fred Meyers today and will get em a copy if the copy I find is in good shape this time.[/QUOTE]

Yep, went back in there today and they still had it unmarked (well, marked $39.99 that is) and it came up $17.98 after the 40% off (so, like Rogue Galaxy, it is a $29.97 clearance game which makes more sense).

Ah, I'm glad I posted the "hey, I think I'm wrong" post and the thought to make the change. I'd hate to make anyone mad at me for making a mistake.

I went to 2 FM's, but unf. for me I didn't see any Odin Sphere's at either. And yes, I always check the case for clearance games not put out yet. With that title, I'm going to guess the case will probably be my best shot to get that game. If it was out with the correct clearance tag on it, I'd guess it would not last too long.

I did see today Dragon Warrior Heroes Rocket Slime for DS. $19.99 clearance - so $11.98 after 40% off. I didn't get it though as I have a copy and was very unimpressed by it as a DW spinoff. I don't even want it enough to put on my trade list.

Went to Fred Meyers today, had a bunch Gangs of London PSP & Brother in Arms DS for 19.98 + 40%...

A couple 360 games like 99 nights, Medal of Honor, & couple others but didn't pick anything up...

Lots of other PS2 & Xbox titles...Didn't see any gamecube games left...

I work at a Fred Meyers. With my employee discount on top of the 40% off I was able to pick up Twilight Princess (GCN) for $27 and Final Fantasy 6 DS for $15. Really wanted Paper Mario, and Smash Bros but they were gone when I got there :cry:

I went to 2 FMs in the area and both didn't have Odin Sphere :cry: Anyone still saw a copy available at a FM?

[quote name='eau']I went to 2 FMs in the area and both didn't have Odin Sphere :cry: Anyone still saw a copy available at a FM?[/quote]

They've got 2 at mine. PM me if you'd like me to try and pick one up. I'd ask for an extra $5 to cover shipping/PayPal fees.

I don't remember seeing one at the Hazel Dell (vancouver, wa) freddie's. any other vancouver freddies maybe have odin sphere? (not like I need more games, but....)

Just picked up both copies of Odin Sphere at my local Smith's Marketplace. There was a $29.99 sticker on it and the gal said that it was just a markdown, not clearance. She scanned it and it came up $29.97. Of course, she recognized the XX.97 as clearance and promptly took off the 40%.

Came up $18.16 after tax for each of them. I will send them out for $24 shipped to US or $26 to Canada.

EDIT: $24 or $26 EACH. Not both. My apologies for the confusion.

[quote name='eldergamer']I don't remember seeing one at the Hazel Dell (vancouver, wa) freddie's. any other vancouver freddies maybe have odin sphere? (not like I need more games, but....)[/QUOTE]I'll check a couple right now.

*Edit

No luck at 2, may try 2 more tomorrow. The store at 76th & 117th had 3 copies each of Rogue Galaxy, Baiten Kaitos Origins and Persona 3(not clearance priced, but thick package w/art book, etc.)

I saw 1 clearanced Disgaea 2 at Mill Plain. Finally found 1 copy (sorry eldergamer, I would of picked a second up for you)of Odin Sphere @ Fourth Plain. Not at Mill Plain, Battleground, Fisher's Landing, Orchards.

I found a bunch of clearance games marked with an As Is 50% off today's price sticker. It should be in addition to the current 40% off clearance, thus making it 90% off.

I picked up:

:pc: Spider-Man 3 $2
:pc: Ultimate Alliance $2
:pc: Shrek the Third $2
:ps2: Getaway: Black Monday $1
:psp: WipeOut Pure $1

Saw but didn't pick up:

:360: Hour of Victory $29.97 - 40% off - 50% off = $3

[quote name='eau']

Saw but didn't pick up:

:360: Hour of Victory $29.97 - 40% off - 50% off = $3[/quote]

40% off = $18, less 50% = $9 = 70% off

[quote name='h2dk']40% off = $18, less 50% = $9 = 70% off[/quote] That's what I thought initially.

I was surprised when the clerk entered 50% off into the register, it's off the stickered price (before the 40% off). Essentially, it's 50% + 40% = 90% off the stickered price.

New additions:

:wii: Cars $9.97
:psp: [SIZE=-1]GRAW 2 $24.97

Plus some PC games (eg, Strongholds).

Clearance is back to 20% off.
[/SIZE]

I don't think so. Just Bought Samurai Warriors 2 Emp (360) and Marvel Trading Card Game, and no additional was taken off the 40%. But I may have to go back and see. FYI this was at the Puyallup FM at the end of Meridian.

[quote name='chakan']I saw 1 clearanced Disgaea 2 at Mill Plain. Finally found 1 copy (sorry eldergamer, I would of picked a second up for you)of Odin Sphere @ Fourth Plain. Not at Mill Plain, Battleground, Fisher's Landing, Orchards.[/quote]

Gah! Hopefully it's still there! I'm heading there right after work. I had no idea there were so many local CAGs... no wonder I can never find anything good, lol

[quote name='eau']New additions:

:wii: Cars $9.97
:psp: [SIZE=-1]GRAW 2 $24.97

Plus some PC games (eg, Strongholds).

Clearance is back to 20% off.
[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Interesting - I'll have to swing by there and see if my store has anything else. I'd get Cars for $8 but we already played and beat (and traded in for $25 ;)) that game a while back and now have the 360 version to play as well. I'll change the OP to set the additional clearance back to 20% - saw this the other day as well but with nothing of note to buy there I didn't figure it was worth bothering the thread.

Edit - Went in to my local store and they had absolutely nothing new on clearance. They didn't have Cars for the Wii at all though. The same thing happened when it went on clearance for the 360 - never saw one there in the case or not. Either they sold them instantly or they just didn't have any left.

Note that there is a 3-day sale right now with a 10% off any video game purchase coupon (excludes clearance though). Not too exciting, but if you were going to buy something there anyway it might be worth checking out.

OK, went out today... I bought what I thought was one of the best FM clearance deals I had ever seen today - Galactic Civilizations II for $9.97 - 20%. I don't play a lot of PC games any more but I loved the first one and was waiting for a cheap price on this (seems like it was always $40 everywhere I saw it). But my enthusiasm was tempered somewhat when I got home and realized it was the "Game of the Year" edition and not the "Gold" edition which includes the expansion (and which FM still sells for $39.99). Also, I looked on ebay and it seems you can get this version for about $10 shipped anyway. It looks to be about $20 shipped for the Gold edition. So... so much for that coup :lol:. Now I wish I had waited for 40% additional...

I also saw Two Worlds and Tomb Raider Anniversary (both PC) for $29.97 I think.

Anyway, they also have the Xbox 360 20 GB hard drives on clearance for $89.xx (minus 20% of course - so $71.xx). Not great compared to some other deals on those, but if they bump up the additional clearance percentage it will make it a decent deal.

Finally, I used the 10% coupon to buy a copy of Persona 3 for $45. FM seems to be one of the few places that still has them. I was *really* hoping they'd clearance them so I will keep mine sealed just in case and return it if they do.

I saw these new additions in the bin this week.

:ps2:
Meet the Robinsons $9.97
Open Season $9.97
Surf's Up $9.97

:wii:
Meet the Robinsons $19.97

:ds:
Meet the Robinsons $9.97
Dynasty Warriors DS $19.97

I picked up TMNT (360) and Splint Cell Double Agent (360) for $8 each ($10 - 20% off) at the Mill Creek Fred's. The Double Agent that is clearanced is the one with a sticker on the front mentioning a contest where you can win a Chrysler 300C and has the UPC 00888523253. The other version of it, UPC 00888522942, is not on clearance.

[quote name='wannabepunktony']I picked up TMNT (360) and Splint Cell Double Agent (360) for $8 each ($10 - 20% off) at the Mill Creek Fred's. The Double Agent that is clearanced is the one with a sticker on the front mentioning a contest where you can win a Chrysler 300C and has the UPC 00888523253. The other version of it, UPC 00888522942, is not on clearance.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the heads up, man. i grabbed sc: da this morning for the awesome price of $8.

Hit three FMs looking for TMNT. No luck.

I saw multiple copies of all three versions of Stranglehold (including PS3 CE)for 39.9X before clearance discount (so $32)at Fisher's Landing and Orchards(Vancouver, WA).

Not a deal, but since they're hard to find, I also saw four copies of Nyko's Perfect Shot for Wii (at regular $15 price)at Fisher's Landing.

you can use the $3 off coupon the this weeks ad (available by the entrances usually) any game $14+ which includes clearance

My local fredys.. well the one i like doesnt seem to have any sort of clearnce marked on anything.. they have a copy of Valkery profile 2.. but i dont think its clearance price yet... and the Clerks in the Elerctroincs department normaly can't be bothered to open the cases unless your buying.

[quote name='Rollett']Where is the discount stuff located in the Eugene Fredys ? Like the W 11th one ?

P.S i want a NW Cagers icon![/quote]

there's a little stand by the glass cases, one side has greatest hits games and one side has clearance games on it when they have them. Sometimes there's a table near the front with clearance stuff on it too.

There is a 10% off video games software and accessories coupon in electronic ad(back page) good until April 5th

sorry it excludes clearance items

April 1st markdowns! Woot!

Picked up:
marked price / 20% off price / orange sticker (extra 25%)

PS2: Tales of the Abyss 9.97 / 7.98 / 5.48 (x2)
PS2: Naruto: Ultimate Ninja 9.97 / 7.98
PS3: Gundam: Crossfire 9.97 / 7.98
PS3: Genji 29.97 / 23.98 / 16.48

Also had, but did not purchase (marked prices - before 20% off):

PS2: Disgaea 2 19.97
PS2: .Hack//GU Vol. 1 9.97 45% off
PS2: Scarface 14.97 45% off
PS2: Scarface CE 9.97 45% off
PS2: DBZ Budokai 2 9.97
PS2: Super DBZ 9.97
PS2: Phantasy Star Universe 9.97 45% off
NDS: Hotel Dusk 14.97
NDS: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney 9.97
NDS: Fullmetal Alchemist 9.97
NDS: InuYasha: Secret of the Divine Jewel 14.97
PSP: Disgaea Afternoon of Darkness 29.97
PS3: All Pro Football 2k8 19.97

There were lots of new XBox titles too, but I didn't really go through them as I don't have one.

My store has many copies of .hack and Scarface (at least 10 of the regular and 5 of the CE). Just shoot me a PM if you are looking for anything.

[quote name='thelonepig']April 1st markdowns! Woot!

There were lots of new XBox titles too, but I didn't really go through them as I don't have one.[/QUOTE]

360 or original?

[quote name='jetgrrl']There is a 10% off video games software and accessories coupon in electronic ad(back page) good until April 5th

sorry it excludes clearance items[/quote]

If it includes sale items, this would be a great deal with the DMC4 for $39.99 sale they are currently running.

I saw the following at my local Fred Meyer.

:ps3: Eye of Judgement $59.97
:ps2: GTA: Liberty City Stories $9.97
:ps2: Scarface $14.97
:ps2: NFS: Carbon $9.97
:ps2: Test Drive: Unlimited $9.97
:ps2: Super Dragonball Z $9.97
:ds: DBZ: Harukanaru Densetsu $9.97
:ds: Fullmetal Alchmeist $9.97
:ds: Fantastic 4: Rise of Silver Surfer $9.97
:ds: King Kong $9.97

PS2 DVD remote $12.97
PS2 Slim multitap $24.97