Fred Meyer - Fight Night Round 4/Saboteur $10 - Beatles RB LE $60

strangenova

CAGiversary!
Was at the local Fred Meyer, and they had a few new things on sale:

Fight Night Round 4 - $9.99
The Saboteur - $9.99
Beatles Rock Band Limited Edition - $59.99
Band Hero $15.99

Picked up Fight Night, but the Saboteur is a steal at $10. As far as I could see, these were all both 360/PS3.

Yeah, and don't forget the 10% off coupon ;). I picked up a PS3 Beatles RB LE today myself for $53.99 out the door... PS3 version is much harder to find though - they had to call 4 stores to find one that had it and they only had one. 360 is common. This only partially makes up for the fact that I paid full price for the damn 360 version at release and only played it for about 2 days. I needed instruments for the PS3 though and do plan on playing it again on there.

The game only is $11.99 for all 3 systems, too, by the way. Plus a lot of other music games are on sale (GH 5, GH Van Halen, Rock Band 2, DJ Hero, Band Hero bundle, etc...).

Is the Beatles Limited Edition the super big bundle with everything in it?
I saw it in several Fred Meyer and all of them $199.99

[quote name='strangenova']Was at the local Fred Meyer, and they had a few new things on sale:

Fight Night Round 4 - $9.99
The Saboteur - $9.99
Beatles Rock Band Limited Edition - $59.99
Band Hero $15.99

Picked up Fight Night, but the Saboteur is a steal at $10. As far as I could see, these were all both 360/PS3.[/QUOTE]

Is this at a Freddy's in Portland?

I wish we had a Fred Meyer nearby. I would absolutely pick up the Beatles RB LE for that price. I already have the game but I could give the extra copy to my brother. I'm surrounded by Targets, Best Buys, and Wal-Marts that rarely ever have clearance that good.

[quote name='miriamleo']Is the Beatles Limited Edition the super big bundle with everything in it?
I saw it in several Fred Meyer and all of them $199.99[/QUOTE]

Yes, you should have had them scan it ;).

[quote name='kynetarse']Damn you regional B&M only deals! Would love Saboteur for that price.[/QUOTE]

You can get it on eBay for not much more than that with shipping included. Or I can pick it up if anyone wants it - just send me a PM. It would be about $14 shipped. Note that Fred Meyer plasters stickers all over their games (on top of the plastic seal of course so if you are opening it that's not an issue - just though I should mention it if anyone is a collector type ;)).

[quote name='soopermv']Is this at a Freddy's in Portland?[/QUOTE]

Nope, up in Seattle - but my experience has been that marked sales are across the chain. I've never seen individual stores discount stuff on their own outside of clearance.

I just picked up the bundle for the price mentioned as well as Guitar Hero 5 for about 15 bucks. They had a lot of music games on sale.

Thanks for the head's up! I had to look around, but only had to hit two Fred Meyers before I found the Beatles bundle. Then I used the 10% off coupon (which in my state only saves me on tax). Been looking for a Rock Band brand second guitar, and the Beatles guitar on RockBand.com was the exact same price as this bundle.

I picked up Saboteur yesterday in NE Portland at the FM over by 33rd and broadway. I think they had 1 or 2 360 copies left, didin't check PS3.

I also went to Costco by NE 122nd and got little kings story for $15. They had several of that and okami left for wii.

Went to my local FM this afternoon, hoping for Saboteur. Deal was only for 360 version though. Was tempted by GH5 with guitar for $32, but left empty handed...

Fred Meyer Lacey, WA had one ps3 beatles box left at 8PM tonight. Had a few FNR4 (360) and Saboteur (360) at 9.99. Didn't check Tumwater.

checked the one in Richland WA and they had everything, Saboteur for ps3 was $20 I should have them scan it, I'll check my other fred meyer tomorrow

I picked up the last copy of Silent Hill SM at the NW Portland location. The guy working there had the coupon behind the counter
ready to scan, so I didn't even have to show the one I'd printed out.

Got the Beatles Rockband Bundle and RockBand 2 ($11.99 before coupon) and DJ Hero ($40 before coupon)! The Beatles game is soooo cheap and couldn't resist. Now I am in the music genre finally. Pretty much all the music games except Green Day RockBand have dropped to $12-16.

Fred Meyer has been on fire recently. Every week they have a ton on games on sale for shocking price.
I have been seeing their Silent Hill : Shattered Memories going down in price every week. From $45 to $35 and now $25. I really want to play that game on Wii but it's full price everywhere. I will wait a bit more and see how far it drops.

had checker scan and confirmed that Saboteur for 9.99 is only for Xbox. Also the music games for PS3 were 11.99 as opposed to Xbox for 9.99.
Shhh-poopy.

The Fred Meyer in Covington WA had several copies of Saboteur yesterday. They seemed to have a few copies of all the music games listed in the OP. I didn't see any DJ Hero for 360.

[quote name='Corndog_McGee']had checker scan and confirmed that Saboteur for 9.99 is only for Xbox. Also the music games for PS3 were 11.99 as opposed to Xbox for 9.99.
Shhh-poopy.[/QUOTE]

As far as I know, no music games were $9.99 for the Xbox. The only $9.99 game is Saboteur. Rock Band 2, Beatles Rock Band, and one of the RB Track Packs are $11.99 for both 360 and PS3. Same for the Wii versions except for RB2 since it was a previous clearance title (my store had one in the case and it was $20.97 clearance price which makes it more than the regular sale for the other versions - go figure :roll:). Most of the rest (Band Hero, GH 5, Van Halen, etc) are $15.99 - $19.99.

Apparently the music games are going to go back on sale on the 15th of August.

One of my friends was wanting to get in on a Beatles Rock Band bundle, but the sale had already ended. The electronics manager mentioned that the sale would reoccur on that date.

Renton FM had tons of saboteur xbox, and all the music games except rb Beatles. All of the music games were marked clearence and there was a sign up that said 20% off all clearance titles

Damn - the store locator isn't working....

Beatles LE WANT!

EDIT: It's working now.. and showing only three stores. Really?

Someone PM me if you find a Xbox 360 Beatles LE (with the custom instruments). I'll pay for one +shipping and a finder's fee...

I'm going to be in Portland Oregon on Saturday and would love to snag an Xbox set. I did a search on their website and it came back with like 12+ locations for Fred Meyer. o_O

If any Cags on here that live in the Portland area know which locations still have the Xbox version in stock and wouldn't mind posting the store address that would be awesome, because I won't have enough time to check them all before I go back to my home state.

[quote name='murphbri']I'm going to be in Portland Oregon on Saturday and would love to snag an Xbox set. I did a search on their website and it came back with like 12+ locations for Fred Meyer. o_O

If any Cags on here that live in the Portland area know which locations still have the Xbox version in stock and wouldn't mind posting the store address that would be awesome, because I won't have enough time to check them all before I go back to my home state.[/QUOTE]

There's more than 12 in Portland ;). It is pretty much like Safeway - there will be one in every area possible (in fact, I'd say there are more Fred Meyers than Safeway around here). The Xbox version should be in stock at nearly all of them so don't worry about that. Just call the ones you might be closest to, ask for Electronics, and ask if it is in stock - that is really no problem. Don't bother asking them about the price (as they may or may not be aware of the price but it will ring up on sale regardless). Just ask if they have it.

Now, if you are looking for the PS3 version that is trickier. I did have to call around a bunch of stores to find one of those the last time they were on sale. I was also looking for other sale games and visited about 5-6 stores and nearly all still had the 360 bundle. I really just think most people didn't even notice they were on sale (not to mention that they were only correctly tagged at about half the stores).

(Edit - Well, OK, maybe there are just 12 in Portland proper, but there are several more in the metro area that I still consider to be Portland ;). If you search on Portland with a 30 mile radius you get 35 stores!)

[quote name='io']There's more than 12 in Portland ;). It is pretty much like Safeway - there will be one in every area possible (in fact, I'd say there are more Fred Meyers than Safeway around here). The Xbox version should be in stock at nearly all of them so don't worry about that. Just call the ones you might be closest to, ask for Electronics, and ask if it is in stock - that is really no problem. Don't bother asking them about the price (as they may or may not be aware of the price but it will ring up on sale regardless). Just ask if they have it.

Now, if you are looking for the PS3 version that is trickier. I did have to call around a bunch of stores to find one of those the last time they were on sale. I was also looking for other sale games and visited about 5-6 stores and nearly all still had the 360 bundle. I really just think most people didn't even notice they were on sale (not to mention that they were only correctly tagged at about half the stores).

(Edit - Well, OK, maybe there are just 12 in Portland proper, but there are several more in the metro area that I still consider to be Portland ;). If you search on Portland with a 30 mile radius you get 35 stores!)[/QUOTE]

Where I live In Washington state, I have 8 FM's within 10 miles of me. It's crazy. They are opening them up like every 5 minutes apart. I bet they probably form a pentagram pattern when they are done.

[quote name='io']There's more than 12 in Portland ;). It is pretty much like Safeway - there will be one in every area possible (in fact, I'd say there are more Fred Meyers than Safeway around here). The Xbox version should be in stock at nearly all of them so don't worry about that. Just call the ones you might be closest to, ask for Electronics, and ask if it is in stock - that is really no problem. Don't bother asking them about the price (as they may or may not be aware of the price but it will ring up on sale regardless). Just ask if they have it.

(Edit - Well, OK, maybe there are just 12 in Portland proper, but there are several more in the metro area that I still consider to be Portland ;). If you search on Portland with a 30 mile radius you get 35 stores!)[/QUOTE]

Awesome! Thanks much Odibee for the quick and helpful reply. :) That is a relief to know that the odds are in my favor. I would be happy to get either version at that price, but would prefer the xbox as I have a stash of XBL points cards for the DLC if I wind up liking my first foray into the music games genre.

Yeah, I was very surprised when it came back with 35 stores when I plugged in Portland OR. I scrolled to the third page of stores (at 4 per page) that all said they were located in Portland and decided to ask for help since I have less than a day to physically search. Garmin don't fail me now!

(Also, as a fellow cat-lover with an eleven-year-old tomcat you have my sincere condolences on the passing of Io)

In case anyone's curious, FN4 and Saboteur are still on sale. Not sure about the Rock Band LE, though, because my store didn't have any in stock. Despite the mixed reviews about The Saboteur, I've heard more than enough good things to justify the $10 price tag ($9 with employee discount). Besides, a 12-pack of beer costs more than that but won't last nearly as long.

I finally went in to my local FM today. It is pretty much the same sale as before (things like GH Van Halen for $19.99, Band Hero for $15.99, etc). They still have a Beatles bundle at my local store but they didn't have the sale price on it. In fact, it is marked "AS IS" and docked from $199.99 to $149.99 because of that :lol:. I think the side of the box is a bit torn.

[quote name='murphbri']That is a relief to know that the odds are in my favor. I would be happy to get either version at that price, but would prefer the xbox as I have a stash of XBL points cards for the DLC if I wind up liking my first foray into the music games genre.

Yeah, I was very surprised when it came back with 35 stores when I plugged in Portland OR. I scrolled to the third page of stores (at 4 per page) that all said they were located in Portland and decided to ask for help since I have less than a day to physically search. Garmin don't fail me now![/QUOTE]

I hope you were successful. One thing I did notice was that they had 10% off video games coupons hanging by the games (the little orange coupons they put out sometimes). It was valid ONLY for today (Saturday the 21st that is). That should have worked out perfectly for you to save another $6 on the bundle. As far as I know, this wasn't advertized but maybe it was in the paper as they did have a special sale this morning on other stuff (clothes, mostly) - but often they'll put out a video game coupon that goes along with the other 1-day sale events.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']I saw the Beatles Rock Band bundle on sale for $60 today.

choral_music, I PMed you but you never responded. Oh well.[/QUOTE]
If choral_music isn't interested, then I am. PM'd.

Where can I get this coupon for 10% off? :) Also, is the PS3 Sabotuer on sale as well? I can be bothered to hook my 360 right now :(

If there are in-store coupons, they're always hanging right next to the items they're good for. The one mentioned a few posts above was for Saturday the 21st only.

Saw Dead Space Extraction and NFS Nitro for $15 each today (already got them for $20 each from Amazon's Thanksgiving sale last year).

I was at the Medford store yesterday and saw the 50% off clearance sign (I rarely see this percentage on clearance games). Today I saw the 20% off sign back home. I thought the clearance percentage was pretty uniform across all the Freddys? Not?

[quote name='Boltbacker']I picked up Saboteur. It is actually a pretty good game. A great game for $10.[/QUOTE]
That it is. It's just a shame that it was the LAST game from Pandemic before EA shut the studio down. But after the shitfest known as Mercenaries 2 being the game to precede it, I kinda wished they would've gone outta biz cuz that sequel was horrid.:puke:

As for Saboteur, I liked how liberated sections of Paris were in full color while Nazi occupied sectors were still in B&W and how the transition between the two was so seamless.

It's a hell of a game and well worth $10. I just paid about $12-14 for it from a closing HWV and I'm having a blast playing it. It does get a bit repetitive with clearing out the various installations to boost citizen's morale to liberate sectors, but blowing crap up is always fun.;)

[quote name='io']I finally went in to my local FM today. It is pretty much the same sale as before (things like GH Van Halen for $19.99, Band Hero for $15.99, etc). They still have a Beatles bundle at my local store but they didn't have the sale price on it. In fact, it is marked "AS IS" and docked from $199.99 to $149.99 because of that :lol:. I think the side of the box is a bit torn.

I hope you were successful. One thing I did notice was that they had 10% off video games coupons hanging by the games (the little orange coupons they put out sometimes). It was valid ONLY for today (Saturday the 21st that is). That should have worked out perfectly for you to save another $6 on the bundle. As far as I know, this wasn't advertized but maybe it was in the paper as they did have a special sale this morning on other stuff (clothes, mostly) - but often they'll put out a video game coupon that goes along with the other 1-day sale events.[/QUOTE]

It was as you said--I was eating at an IHOP for breakfast, and across the street was Fred Meyer! :lol: At that location they didn't have any left, so I had the employee find the nearest store that did, and snagged it.

The box I got was torn in the upper right corner and price-tagged at $149.99, but no mention of being "as is." I also did not see/notice any 10%-off coupons, (and of course the employees did not mention it :bomb:) but was stoked that there was no sales tax as it is 8.25% in my hometown.

Very happy to scratch another CE/LE off my list at an awesome price thanks to CAG. :D

bread's done
Back