Fred meyer - MS 360 Wireless Speed Wheel - $39.99

ryamkajr

CAGiversary!
Fred Meyer is selling the Wireless Speed Wheel for 39.99 this week (normally) 59.99). This is the new wheel being advertised with Forza, and whatnot.

You do not have to purchase anything else to get the sales price.

[quote name='GlassAgate']Bah......what I want is one of the old MS wireless wheels....
but they're too damned expensive.[/QUOTE]

You and I both >.<

Can't believe they used to be $60 brand new

[quote name='DudeImGodly']You and I both >.<

Can't believe they used to be $60 brand new[/QUOTE]
It's because they were cheaply made with shit parts and ms got tired of repairing them so they discontinued it.

not a bad wheel though, fun to play with, yeh its not the old M$ wheel which I had to repair to keep working, but kids love this one, very accurate for wireless, no rumble but cool.

Isn't the newer wheel supposed to be better the old, discontinued one? It doesn't take up as much space and has rumble feedback.

[quote name='eau']Isn't the newer wheel supposed to be better the old, discontinued one? It doesn't take up as much space and has rumble feedback.[/QUOTE]

No, the old one is way better (more realistic), bigger but paddle shifters, pedals, great FF, if you can find one get it, it was the only decent wheel that wasn't a bank buster. Screw fanatec. But this new wheel is clever and pretty cool for something so small, just sit in a chair and go. I like it.

I actually own the original xbox 360 wireless wheel. I enjoyed it but if someone is looking to buy one I just want to warn them that there was a recall on the wheels for certain model numbers. Apparently the wheel could overheat and create smoke if you had it plugged into an outlet. Microsoft used to provide fixes for it through a retrofit (I'm not sure what this is) but they stopped awhile ago. You could also just use batteries to operate the wheel but then you lose the forcefeed back.

Souce

[quote name='loomis1975']Got it yesterday at Freddies. Good price for it IMHO. Great little casual racing controller.[/QUOTE]

I haven't used it yet. I'm still waiting to see if Dell ships my limited edition. But I also picked one up last night. Glad to see the deal was correct. Should be worth it if it's as good as the reviews suggest...

bread's done
Back