FredMeyer Buy 2 games 24.99 and up get a $25 GC/3DS for $115 or less 12/22 Only

foreinter

CAGiversary!
This is a regional deal. Fred Meyer is running When You Purchase any combination of two Xbox, PS3, Wii or 3DS games 24.99 & Up With In-Store Coupon, get $25 gift card* Limit 1 Valid 12/18-12/22. Frey Meyer gift card is just like cash for me since I can use it on groceries.

On Thursday 12/22 only, Freddy is running the buy 50/100/150 get 10/20/30 off coupon. The 3DS is on sale for $135. You can get the 3DS for $115 or add xbox points card with the 10% off accessory coupon to get $30 off. Don't forget the buy two 24.99 up get $25 gift card is still available. MW3 is $50. Buy two MW3 plus $25 gift card for $80.

On Monday the 19th, only, they had the following noticeable games on sale:

MW3 $45
Gears of War 3 $30
Battlefield 3 $30
WWE 12 $50
Rage $15 (didn't qualify for the gift card but a good deal nonetheless)

AD LINK Click the electronic sale page.

A decent deal that will run all week is Kinect Sports + Dance Central 2 at $24.99 each (plus $25 gift card of course).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='foreinter']Fred Meyer gift card is just like cash for me since I can use it on groceries.
[/QUOTE]

I did exactly this tonight myself ;).

I bought Kinect Sports + Dance Central + $25 gift card for $49.98 and then used that gift card on groceries we were going to buy anyway. It is too bad they don't have Kinect Sports 2, Dance Central 2, and all those other Kinect games at $24.99 (like Best Buy and Amazon).

This deal was great last year because there were a lot of lower-priced games that qualified. This time they excluded DS games (so no getting two newer $30 DS games like Kirby Mass Attack and Professor Layton Last Spector for $35) and put most of their sale games at the odd $23.99 price point. I thought that was strange when I saw it in store Thursday or Friday. But now I know why - so they wouldn't count for the $25 gift card deal.

I think last year it might have been a $20 card for two games $19.99 and up which was much more useful.

[quote name='slppedyoursster']FYI - These stores are located in Oregon, Idaho, or Washington state.[/QUOTE]

Not totally true. Some Kroger associated stores might have Fred Meyer inside outside of the states you mentioned.

[quote name='foreinter']Not totally true. Some Kroger associated stores might have Fred Meyer inside outside of the states you mentioned.[/QUOTE]

Good to know. I have seen other deals on here for Fred Meyer but never knew their location. I went to the website and these were the only stand alone locations listed.

I have Kroger in my area but no Fred Meyer.

[quote name='io']I did exactly this tonight myself ;).

I bought Kinect Sports + Dance Central + $25 gift card for $49.98 and then used that gift card on groceries we were going to buy anyway. It is too bad they don't have Kinect Sports 2, Dance Central 2, and all those other Kinect games at $24.99 (like Best Buy and Amazon).

This deal was great last year because there were a lot of lower-priced games that qualified. This time they excluded DS games (so no getting two newer $30 DS games like Kirby Mass Attack and Professor Layton Last Spector for $35) and put most of their sale games at the odd $23.99 price point. I thought that was strange when I saw it in store Thursday or Friday. But now I know why - so they wouldn't count for the $25 gift card deal.

I think last year it might have been a $20 card for two games $19.99 and up which was much more useful.[/QUOTE]

Fred Meyer can be short on gaming deals at times, but sometimes their sales hit homeruns. The buy 1 get 1 free 3ds games back in september was great! Sometimes when they have those 30 off 150 coupons you can get kindle cards and get a 20% boost on amazon. Its rare that the register allows it but it does happen.

mw3 is $44.99 today only, if this stacks which it usually does. It becomes a great deal. $90 for two mw3 copies and $25 gc better than waiting post xmas.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Fred Meyer can be short on gaming deals at times, but sometimes their sales hit homeruns. The buy 1 get 1 free 3ds games back in september was great! Sometimes when they have those 30 off 150 coupons you can get kindle cards and get a 20% boost on amazon. Its rare that the register allows it but it does happen.[/QUOTE]

I have never had those bonus coupons not stack on gift cards. In fact, just on Saturday I bought two $30 iTunes card packs that were on sale for $25 and paid $40 total after the $10 off $50 bonus coupon. $40 for $60 in iTunes money is a pretty good deal. While I was buying these another customer asked the second clerk if he could get iTunes cards using that coupon. After reading the fine print he told him no. I pulled the customer aside after I checked out and showed him my receipt ;).

[quote name='io']I have never had those bonus coupons not stack on gift cards. In fact, just on Saturday I bought two $30 iTunes card packs that were on sale for $25 and paid $40 total after the $10 off $50 bonus coupon. $40 for $60 in iTunes money is a pretty good deal. While I was buying these another customer asked the second clerk if he could get iTunes cards using that coupon. After reading the fine print he told him no. I pulled the customer aside after I checked out and showed him my receipt ;).[/QUOTE]

from my experience, if you ask them, they will say no because it does says gift cards excluded. But when they scan the coupon, it goes through always. I usually mix in a video game purchase, because they typically have the better deals, the most stock, and the least amount of waiting.

True, but I always figure the fine print really means Fred Meyer gift cards. I don't think of iTunes money or MS Points or things like that as "gift cards". And neither do the people who set up the register system/coupons, thankfully ;).

Just walked out of the store. Freddy's is on fire today. Best deals of the year easily, bf3 $29.99, gears 3, 29.99, rage $14.99, reach 19.99, mw3 $44.99, wwe 12 49.99, buy two games over $25 and get $25 gc back. Insane, I going back, ends tonight at midnight for the sale prices.

Wow, I don't know bf3 is also 29.99. $29.99 is msrp for rage, right? Combined with the 25 gift card deal, that's an excellent price.

[quote name='finstersucks']Just walked out of the store. Freddy's is on fire today. Best deals of the year easily, bf3 $29.99, gears 3, 29.99, rage $14.99, reach 19.99, mw3 $44.99, wwe 12 49.99, buy two games over $25 and get $25 gc back. Insane, I going back, ends tonight at midnight for the sale prices.[/QUOTE]

Can't believe this thread hasn't get any attention. Just got back from Freddy and got 2 BF3 and $25 gift card for 60 bucks plus tax. I also got a copy of Rage Anarchy edition for $15 and no coupon is needed. I tried BF3 Limited Edition and it scanned at $60 for a copy. Gears of war 3 is $30 and MW3 is $45. They can both be combined with the $25 gift card promotion.

[quote name='foreinter']Can't believe this thread hasn't get any attention. Just got back from Freddy and got 2 BF3 and $25 gift card for 60 bucks plus tax. I also got a copy of Rage Anarchy edition for $15 and no coupon is needed. I tried BF3 Limited Edition and it scanned at $60 for a copy. Gears of war 3 is $30 and MW3 is $45. They can both be combined with the $25 gift card promotion.[/QUOTE]

Was Rage Anarchy for $15 only for XBox360 or PS3 also?

[quote name='tribees']Was Rage Anarchy for $15 only for XBox360 or PS3 also?[/QUOTE]

I just bought the xbox version. I believe it's also for PS3 version.

[quote name='OregonDealz']Gah going to have to go tonight im thinking... Was any older games 50% off? Or just the ones in he ad?[/QUOTE]
There were too many things on sale. But I don't think the older games were near half off. Oh and dance central and kinect sports are $24.99. Slightly better than best buys.

[quote name='tribees']Was Rage Anarchy for $15 only for XBox360 or PS3 also?[/QUOTE]

Made another run and bought the Rage Arnarchy version for 15 bucks.

Blah, I just bought BF3 last night for $49 on Amazon (Christmas gift), think I might drive over to Fred Meyers a few minutes a way to grab a copy and return the one I got to Amazon

Holy crap, good deal. I got BF3 and Gran Turismo 5 Collector's edition for $80 together ($50 for GT5 CE) and got the free $25 gift card as well. I think I'm going to go back and grab a few more games.

Thanks a bunch OP!

Crap - I saw Rage and passed thinking I could get it later in the week (they have like 100 of them). I didn't realize that pricing was just for today.

Damn good price for Rage Anarchy, too bad its over or I'd be tempted to get a second copy for Co-op at that price, probably just wait for it to hit really low on Gamefly or AWD like new.

Also two Gears of War 3 for Co-op for $60 with a $25 gift card is nothing to sneeze at either. Gift cards at Freddies are even better than gift cards at Walmart, always something needed that you can buy there, including Goat milk! :) They also have random killer deals on toys for the kids.

I rushed back over and made it at 5 till 11. Then I found out they are actually open till midnight now ;). Way to go on the store locator/store info there Fred Meyer (still says 11). Yeah, I realize this is holiday hours, but still, they could keep the web site up to date to reflect that.

So I got Rage. They had, I dunno, at least 40-50 of Anarchy Edition for both 360 and PS3.

I'm not really sure what the point of this one day sale was since it was totally unadvertized. It didn't appear too many people knew about it as their stock of all the big sale games was still pretty full.

Hopefully there are some more deals later in the week to coincide with the $25 gift card deal though.

I'll edit the thread title to remove the 1-day sale games but keep the gift card deal.

Holy shit, 12/22 only, Freddy is running the buy 50/100/150 get 10/20/30 off coupon. The 3DS is on sale for
$135. You can get the 3DS for $115 or add xbox points card with the 10% off accessory coupon to get $30 off. Don't forget the buy two 24.99 up get $25 gift card is still available. MW3 is $50. Buy two MW3 plus $25 gift card for $80.

[quote name='foreinter']Holy shit, 12/22 only, Freddy is running the buy 50/100/150 get 10/20/30 off coupon. The 3DS is on sale for
$135. You can get the 3DS for $115 or add xbox points card with the 10% off accessory coupon to get $30 off. Don't forget the buy two 24.99 up get $25 gift card is still available. MW3 is $50. Buy two MW3 plus $25 gift card for $80.[/QUOTE]

That is damn nice!

[quote name='foreinter']Holy shit, 12/22 only, Freddy is running the buy 50/100/150 get 10/20/30 off coupon. The 3DS is on sale for
$135. You can get the 3DS for $115 or add xbox points card with the 10% off accessory coupon to get $30 off. Don't forget the buy two 24.99 up get $25 gift card is still available. MW3 is $50. Buy two MW3 plus $25 gift card for $80.[/QUOTE]

the 3ds is actually $139.99 right now or is $135 on the 22nd. And the Black Wii w/SMB is $119.00 (99.00 after) and PS3 is $250 w $25 gc so $220.

And this $25 gc deal ends the 12/22, I wonder what they have planned for the finale? Heres hope to buy buy 1 3ds game, get 1 one free or something crazier like a buy one get one game free.

Last edited by a moderator:
is the 50/100/150 get 10/20/30 coupon going to be in the ad or is it just a coupon in store?

[quote name='SgtMcQuacks']Where exactly does it say they're doing a 50/100/150 sale on Thursday?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this is what I want to know. But if they did....?

Imagine the possibilities. We know buying two games at $24.99 each on Thursday nets you a $25 gift card. But $24.99 puts you 2-cents below $50, so you don't get the $10 off. You could look at it as Buy 1 Get 1 Free at the $24.99 price point, if you will eventually spend $25 at Fred Meyer some day to justify the gift card.

After the $10 off (for paying more than $50 in the Electronics dept), essentially buying two games at $30 is the same as buying two games at $25.

I'm not sure how many good games there will be, though, at the $30 price point. So I'm thinking buy two $40 games (3DS Mario games, perhaps?), get $10 off and get $25 gift card. Again, assuming you'll use the gift card, its essentially getting two $40 games for $45 total ($22.50 each).

Pretty good. Can't wait to open the newspaper in mere hours to see if they do the 50/100/150 promotion...

[quote name='Bizzquik']Yeah, this is what I want to know. But if they did....?

Imagine the possibilities. We know buying two games at $24.99 each on Thursday nets you a $25 gift card. But $24.99 puts you 2-cents below $50, so you don't get the $10 off. You could look at it as Buy 1 Get 1 Free at the $24.99 price point, if you will eventually spend $25 at Fred Meyer some day to justify the gift card.

After the $10 off (for paying more than $50 in the Electronics dept), essentially buying two games at $30 is the same as buying two games at $25.

I'm not sure how many good games there will be, though, at the $30 price point. So I'm thinking buy two $40 games (3DS Mario games, perhaps?), get $10 off and get $25 gift card. Again, assuming you'll use the gift card, its essentially getting two $40 games for $45 total ($22.50 each).

Pretty good. Can't wait to open the newspaper in mere hours to see if they do the 50/100/150 promotion...[/QUOTE]

Please let us know what the paper says :)

[quote name='Bizzquik']Yeah, this is what I want to know. But if they did....?

Pretty good. Can't wait to open the newspaper in mere hours to see if they do the 50/100/150 promotion...[/QUOTE]

One Day Sale for 12/22 See page 2. You can use $25 gift card buy grocery at Fred Meyer. It's just like cash for me.

[quote name='nervousxtian']Nothing in the ad for the 50/100/150[/QUOTE]

It's on page 2 of the ad, upper right corner.

Well, they have a grip of ads on the site, I was looking at the Electronics ad. Would help if someone actually mentioned WHICH of the 9 ads in was in.

[quote name='finstersucks']its the one that says 1 day only[/QUOTE]

This.

The $25 gift card with the purchase of two games of $24.99 and up was from the weekly ad (which includes today, Thursday 12/22/11).

The 10/20/30 off in the Electronics department was in the 1-day ad for today, Thursday 12/22/11.

So, yup, they appear to be stack-able! Looks like I'm going to Fred Meyer after work!

You called it, OP. Thanks!

[quote name='loomis1975']

Guys, do they still let you get microsoft points cards with the video game accessories coupons? Use to be the only way I bought them, but I'm about to run out of points :)[/QUOTE]

Yes you can. But be sure to buy the ones in plastic wrap not the gift card type. Last time they mislabel the 1600 points card for $15 (I bet it's from last week), they accepted the mistake and also applies the 10% and buy 50 get 10 off, I ended up with 6400 points (1600*4) for 44 bucks plus tax.

Here is another great deal. They are offering 15 gift card for xbox live 12 month membership. You can use the 10% off and buy 50 get 10 off and get it for $44 with a 15 gift card. Not sure it they allow you to stack.

Thanks for the heads up on the $10/$20/$30 coupon.

Great week for 3DS stuff

3DS $115 after coupon FM
3DS Steel Diver $5 Best Buy
3DS Pilotwings $5 Best Buy
3DS Driver $6 Target Clearance

Well, that's easily the most disappointed I've been in a long time after leaving a store with the expectation of a great find. :wall:

Gears of War 3: $60. EA Sports Games: $60. You name it, it's full price. The one exception is Modern Warfare 3: $48. (Other "deals" = Dead Island at $50.)

So the way I see it, there are three ways to take advantage of Freddy's today.

[1] Buy two copies of MW3 - one for you, one for a buddy - and get a set of batteries. At that point, you're looking at $103. Minus $20 for spending $100 and you're at $83 (plus tax). Then be rewarded with a $25 gift card. Again, assuming you will actually use the $25 gift card, you're looking at $58 (and tax) for two copies of Modern Warfare 3 (and generic batteries).

[2] Buy first-party Nintendo 3DS games. Perhaps the best combo: Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario Land 3D for $80. Minus $10 for spending more than $50, so you're at $70. Then be rewarded with a $25 gift card. Again, assuming you will actually use the $25 gift card, you're looking at $45 (and tax) for Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario Land 3D.

[3] Buy the flaming red 3DS for $135 - I saw the device and the price. Minus the $20 for spending $100, you're looking at $115 (plus tax).

The $25 gift card offer ends today. So it doesn't look like I will be shopping at Freddy's this Christmas. Hope you fare better.

50/100/150 coupons are stacking just fine with the 25$ giftcard. Picked up 2x 29.99$ games for 12.50 each after using the 25$ GC on groceries.

bread's done
Back