Free 1 Month and 3 Month Amazon Prime Memberships

Is there any first purchase discount or anything? I'm trying to find a good deal on a PS3 for my friend. So far the SonyStyle CC seems the best right now. Basically this just gets you free shipping? +10% ECA?

[quote name='sdcranford']I changed my shipping speed on my pre-order for MW2 that I used the 50% off code on. It kept my 50% and ECA. Just changed from FSSS to Release day delivery.[/QUOTE]

Did you have a double stacked ECA code and change FSSS to 2-day?

Hey guys quick question

I followed everything in the OP but before I activated the trial at checkout with the text book only said "sign up for a free trial of one month of amazon prime". Is this what it said for everyone else but after it was done it just gave you 3 months instead of the 1 month it says? Or did it say that you were signing up for a 3 month free trial?

[quote name='celticmoose']Is there any first purchase discount or anything? I'm trying to find a good deal on a PS3 for my friend. So far the SonyStyle CC seems the best right now. Basically this just gets you free shipping? +10% ECA?[/QUOTE]

Not sure what else you think Amazon Prime could be, but it's simply an annual-fee service for free 2-day shipping (and also means you don't have to worry about hitting $25 for FSSS anymore).

[quote name='DeliveryPizza']Hey guys quick question

I followed everything in the OP but before I activated the trial at checkout with the text book only said "sign up for a free trial of one month of amazon prime". Is this what it said for everyone else but after it was done it just gave you 3 months instead of the 1 month it says? Or did it say that you were signing up for a 3 month free trial?[/QUOTE]

The message clearly told me I had a 3-month trial. I think that the 3-month trial may only be available to those who have never used any Prime trial before. Probably, your only option is to create a new account, which should get you the 3-month trial, then invite your old account to piggyback on the Prime membership.

[quote name='DeliveryPizza']Hey guys quick question

I followed everything in the OP but before I activated the trial at checkout with the text book only said "sign up for a free trial of one month of amazon prime". Is this what it said for everyone else but after it was done it just gave you 3 months instead of the 1 month it says? Or did it say that you were signing up for a 3 month free trial?[/QUOTE]

Is this what screen you are getting? Because I'm getting it too and don't want to continue with it if it's not a 3-month.

picture1eg.jpg

I'm only get 1 month as well, and I've done this several other times so I know I'm doing correctly (I'm using a new account this time, obviously).

If I sign up for Amazon Prime after I have placed several orders and the release dates fall within the free trial dates...can I still get release date shipping?

What would I have to do if anything?

[quote name='Muthafodder']If I sign up for Amazon Prime after I have placed several orders and the release dates fall within the free trial dates...can I still get release date shipping?

What would I have to do if anything?[/QUOTE]

any exisiting orders (im assuming preorders) that would ship during the trials period are eligible for free release day shipping. All that you have to do is go to your order information, click edit, and switch the shipping method. Since amazon doesnt charge for preorders till shipping, your invoice will show the difference immediately.

[quote name='yode']Is this what screen you are getting? Because I'm getting it too and don't want to continue with it if it's not a 3-month.

picture1eg.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I am also on this page and in the same boat. Can anyone who got 3 month please confirm ?

if you signed up for amazon prime for 1 month free before can you do this 3 or 1 month free offer?? thanks in advance

I already got in on this deal earlier this year but my trail expired already, any chance someone can add me as a family member? thanks : )

[quote name='Poor2More']I already got in on this deal earlier this year but my trail expired already, any chance someone can add me as a family member? thanks : )[/QUOTE]

just make a new account

what I would really love is that they have an ECA trial for a month or two. Their games sales will go thru the roof!!!

[quote name='oni-link']what I would really love is that they have an ECA trial for a month or two. Their games sales will go thru the roof!!![/QUOTE]

ECA is free though buddy ;)

[quote name='yode']Is this what screen you are getting? Because I'm getting it too and don't want to continue with it if it's not a 3-month.

picture1eg.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Ya that's exactly what I'm getting

Hello everyone, I just recently ordered Tekken 6 and gladly paid $5 for release date delivery. I thought that doing this was unnecessary, but I'd certainly like to save my $5 if I can with no problem.

So should I do this and change the shipping on my order? Is it easy to cancel and avoid any charges?

Thanks

[quote name='SMITTYBLAZE']Hello everyone, I just recently ordered Tekken 6 and gladly paid $5 for release date delivery. I thought that doing this was unnecessary, but I'd certainly like to save my $5 if I can with no problem.

So should I do this and change the shipping on my order? Is it easy to cancel and avoid any charges?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Yes right when you start your trial just go to account and Click DO NOT renew Prime membership, bam easy as that so when the trial expire their will be NO charges

Awesome, thanks a lot.

I have a pre-existing order, will changing the shipping effect anything other than removing the charge? And will I have any problem changing it to the free shipping option without changing my order?

I already had a CS rep adjust my order to take 10% off so I don't want to lose that. Even though it's about the same as the shipping change so probably worth the chance. Can anyone answer?

Thanks Poor

I don't understand. Why would I put some textbook in my cart? It's allowing me to sign-up for a free trial just by using the link.

I don't think it'd work anyway since I already have release date selected. Sorry for doublepost.

AAAARRGGHHH!!! I had the 3 month trial working on one of the accounts i created. But i was dumb enough to change the email to an older acct. that had already used up the amazon prime membership and as a result my 3 month trial got cancelled. :((((((

So advice to others - DO NOT DO THIS :p

[quote name='SMITTYBLAZE']Awesome, thanks a lot.

I have a pre-existing order, will changing the shipping effect anything other than removing the charge? And will I have any problem changing it to the free shipping option without changing my order?

I already had a CS rep adjust my order to take 10% off so I don't want to lose that. Even though it's about the same as the shipping change so probably worth the chance. Can anyone answer?

Thanks[/QUOTE]
???

Let me ask another question.

I have a pre-order right now (Tekken 6). Does Amazon Prime give me free release date delivery or free 2 day delivery? Thanks.

It gives release date shipping free.

*EDIT* Is there anyone that would be able to add me as a family member? I've did it a couple times with no problems. Amazon gives trial memberships based on the address/name on the CC you use...don't have anyway to get a trial now lol. I could offer one of the South Park XBL DLC codes if needed.

Thank you! I just signed up. I already had Tekken 6 pre-ordered and was paying $5.98 for release date delivery, so now I'm saving $5.98. Woo!!

How the hell are you guys getting three months? I clicked the link under the second method and I only got one month. I did ALL my shopping on Amazon.com on Black Friday last year and I used the Amazon prime trial to get my stuff quickly. I'd like to do the same this year.

What am i doing wrong? I didn't do the textbook thing because the three month method doesn't mention it.

Since I'd used a free trial in the past on my main account, I could not get any method to get another trial on it. I think I'll sign up a new account for a 1 month trial in four days (Black Friday is November 28th and I need to make sure I've got Prime for it).

I guess I'll have to do the same. I'll probably do it on Halloween though since some deals last for a while online and Cyber Monday, although somewhat of a joke, looms upon us on the 30th.

I guess I'll be making ANOTHER account in a few days.:)

[quote name='SMITTYBLAZE']How do I cancel? Go to 'Do Not Upgrade' and that's it? Will that cancel immediately or once my trial is done?[/QUOTE]

Yep make sure the DO NOT UPGRADE box is checked, and your good to go, amazon will automically cancel your prime when your trial expires.

Ah, only getting one month here too...If someone would be willing to add me as a family member, please PM me...I'd be very grateful.

Awesome
I was just wondering should I get MW2 from amazon (but I can't wait to get this game)
This is so sweet I can get this game in two days without additional charge

[quote name='vg09']Awesome
I was just wondering should I get MW2 from amazon (but I can't wait to get this game)
This is so sweet I can get this game in two days without additional charge[/QUOTE]

MW2 has release date shipping.
Which means your free amazon prime trial will automatically upgrade your 2 day shipping to release date shipping. Which means you will get it the same day everyone else will get it and it will be delivered to your front door. Next Tuesday can't come fast enough. I got 4 copies ordered for me and friends.

bread's done
Back