Free $10 Amazon.com GC for Facebook Users

prmononoke

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
If you add the DoYa application on Facebook, recommend five businesses, and invite ten friends (or at least the same friends multiple times), you get a code for a free Amazon.com gift certificate. This has been going on for almost a month, but it's been on and off. They also were giving away five dollars before. I don't know how long this will last, so it would be wise to jump on it immediately.

I don't know if this was posted before, but even if it was, they were only five dollar GCs...

These are easy to follow instructions:

1. Sign up (or sign in) to Facebook.
2. Add the DoYa application.
3. When you are on the DoYa page, click "Amazon Gift Certificate!"
4. Agree to their terms.
5. Click "Help Friends."
6. Type in a business name (this is easiest if you use a business with many local locations). I typed in "Runza, " as there are many Runza Restaurants in Lincoln.
7. Choose a result, click "Recommend This Business."
8. Skip the comment box. Just hit submit.
9. Select whichever friends you want to invite. I would do a few at a time, then go back to my results, recommend another business, and invite different friends.
10. Profit!
11. Let it be, or make some new Facebook profiles and get even more!

[quote name='chewster777']How do you recieve the GC? I don't see any mention of it on the link.
EDIT - Ok I see it now. :p[/quote]

Have you figured out how to do friends yet? If I can get another one of these gift certificates I am really close to a PS3. :p

i did the 5 reccomendations and spammed the hell out of my friends but it still says i gotta reccomend to 10 more people. I want the giftcard!!!

hey now!! jumping on this now, thanks op :)
okay..i invited 20 people now..and its still asking me to invite 10 more people...umm...hm.

Hrm... Annoy and piss off my friends for a $10 gift card... By God, I don't believe even I'm that cheap.

Not worth the hell I'd get back from everyone.. and my privacy is worth at least a $20 gift card.

[quote name='TehMuff1nM4n']Got the recommendations done but it isn't counting friends. :( Do they have to accept or something?[/quote]

They don't have to accept. What message are you getting? There is a limit to how many friends you can invite. Did you actually click on the thing registering you for the promotion? If you don't do that, it doesn't count your requests...

If anyone wants to use my eight imaginary friends, just ask. I will give you their names. I figure most people don't have a problem spamming non-existent people.

[quote name='prmononoke']
If anyone wants to use my eight imaginary friends, just ask. I will give you their names. I figure most people don't have a problem spamming non-existent people.[/quote]

Just spam people like Chuck Norris, the Cookie Monster, Bart Simpson, etc. That's all those profiles are good for!

[quote name='hero101']Doesn't seem worth it...Seems like your selling your privacy or something for a lousy $10.[/quote]

If you already are on Facebook, there isn't really much to worry about with your privacy. Just select the options of Facebook to not share most of your info with the applications, and you should be good.

[quote name='ihavenolife123']tagged for when there are some easy to follow instructions[/quote]

Done.

It's "ended" several times, and started as many. It wasn't up for a bit, and then today I accidentally discovered it was back. I'll be checking again, and I'll post when it's back.

[quote name='Davis 7907']I've made the recommendations, but it still says i have 10 to go. anyone else with this problem?[/quote]

Did you do steps 3 and 4?

[quote name='Davis 7907']Yeah. i recommended 7 businesses, invited at least 20 people. Nothing, still says I need to invite 10 more people.[/quote]

Damn, that is weird. I'll test it out later on a new account and give an update.

hey you still got those names for your fake profiles?
and I'm having a hard time finding business in my area, any special trick when typing them in?

Yeah and its still saying that i need to invite ten friends. do i need to invite ten friends for each recommendation or just ten friends over all. my business recommendations keep going down but my friends needed stays at ten.

i heard on the news a couple of weeks ago that facebook tracks where you go on the internet even after you log off
is this true?

That is really, really strange that it's not working for you guys.

I know I asked this before, but did you do steps 3 and 4? Those are imperative.

Also, when you invite friends, don't just click "Invite Friends." Recommend a business, and during the recommendation process, recommend the business to your friends (which will invite them).

If anyone wants my fake profile names, PM me ASAP, and friend the profiles as soon as I give you the names! Since I have to log in to accept the friend requests, and there are eight different profiles, I will log into them tomorrow night (possibly sooner, if everyone who is interested contacts me soon), and accept them.

Is there a certain way to agree to their terms? Do I need to click anything because all I can see to do is read the terms.

[quote name='Davis 7907']Is there a certain way to agree to their terms? Do I need to click anything because all I can see to do is read the terms.[/quote]

I'll create a new account in the morning and see what's up, and then I will report back here.

Alright, so I recommended 5 business and invited 5 people per, but invited 8 on the last one...i now have hit the max recommendations, and it says to try again tomorrow...weird.

Well, I'll tag this for later, I guess.

This is not working for me either.
I know I did each step right, I was very careful.
Deal seems dead or just very YMMV to me...

thanks for posting though.

Not sure why it doesnt work. I did a few applebees and a few gamestops and I got the 5 business ones done. However the friend one didnt go thru.

Either they're onto the whole deal or its bugged or etc. Who knows looks like its over though.

EDIT : Got it to work. Much like Darkcecil32 did below. I made another account on the fly and sent the invites to my older accont. They all went thru. Also I used non brand name business. Chinese food restaurants, a beverage store, a salon. I added little comments to each one too they said they will review my recommendations and get back in 8 hours so if you use all one type of store you might not get thru. Hope this helps.

Yeah I should have been more specific. The businesses part goes through fine.
It just always says I need to do the 10 friends part no matter what.

I just got recommendations to go through, idk if I will get it though. What I did was use the OP's fake accounts (friended them on fb) and sent them recommendations and they all went through. Any time I sent one of the OPs fake accounts, it subtracted from my total. Any other person I tried to recommend, it did not work. I tried inviting 8 of my real friends, and now have needlessly spammed them. In the end, I sent the 3 names I got friended from by the OP the same recommendation for the same business (though I did create 5) 4 times.

I've come up with a theory that for recommendations to work, you have to recommend a person who has already gotten recommendations/linked to a person/has already gotten their oown gc. Idk if it's valid or not, but it's my best guess as to why this has happened.

In the end, I got a message saying they are reviewing my application and I will hear back from them in 8 hours. I will post again with an update when that happens.

Wow, I am glad to know that at least my fake profiles are working for people!

As far as your theory goes, darkcecil32, I do not think that is correct. I don't know why people are having problems with profiles that aren't mine, so I'm quite confused on that front. Whatever though, as long as people are able to take advantage of it somehow.

Now that I know it's working, I will be happy to send the names to anyone else who wants them. I'll do a mass friend request acceptance on Sunday night.

I think the recomendations are only counting for friends you add after you added Doya. I made a new account and with my old account sent eight recommendations for the same business. Out of those eight, it only counted the one new account that I made after I added DoYa.

I found out the problem, it's that all of your friends need DoYa added, and they also need to start the "$10 GC" promotion.

I just tried it with a new account, and without the application installed, nothing.

Then, with the application installed... nothing.

However, with the application installed, and after starting the promotion (accepting the terms), I tried it with both accounts, and both went down from 10 needed, to 9.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']I found out the problem, it's that all of your friends need DoYa added, and they also need to start the "$10 GC" promotion.

I just tried it with a new account, and without the application installed, nothing.

Then, with the application installed... nothing.

However, with the application installed, and after starting the promotion (accepting the terms), I tried it with both accounts, and both went down from 10 needed, to 9.[/quote]

That's pretty lame huh? I have the same problem as most of the people in this thread... I e-mailed them explaining that I spammed 10 friends and want my frickin GC (except I was nicer). So apparently you guys have 10 fake friends that already added the promotion and therefor it works? Can someone PM me a list?

[quote name='PhrostByte']That's pretty lame huh? I have the same problem as most of the people in this thread... I e-mailed them explaining that I spammed 10 friends and want my frickin GC (except I was nicer). So apparently you guys have 10 fake friends that already added the promotion and therefor it works? Can someone PM me a list?[/quote]

You only need one friend, the number seems to go down no matter who you invite, so you can invite the same person 10 times, and it'll work.

I'll let everyone know if the spamming of just one account will work or not, but I don't see why it wouldn't (I'll post when I get a response from them).

crap reminds me of those sites where you have to invite 5 friends, and all 5 friends have to sign up for something....

I actually found a way to get this to work. When you select a local business, select ONE friend instead of more than one. I went through it with doing that and submitted 10 business with a single friend on each, now I'm waiting for them to get back to me with my gift code.

Keep in mind, I did this yesterday around 12EST and they said it would take 8 hours to process...I am still waiting.

This is the message I keep getting

We're reviewing your recommendations right now and will get back to you within 8 hours

Sorry I've been so slow about getting out names and accepting friend requests. I'm just going to post the same thing I've been PM'ing people.

Here are a few of them:

Joshua Festerson

John Frenkerton

John Billwald

Jack Frederick

Joe Lingwald

That actually should be enough. For each recommendation, select around three of those friends (when I get the chance, I'll log in and accept those requests). You can recommend/invite the same friends multiple times.

I just accepted a bunch of friend requests, so you guys should be good to go. If anyone friends me after this post was made, post here and let me know.

bread's done
Back