Free $10 Amazon Gift Cert. on Facebook- Hosts of giveaway have posted- want UR input!

the_punisher

CAGiversary!
Feedback
200 (100%)
Original thread:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177306
Credit OP: prmononoke

Anyway, since i thought his thread was unclear, i thought i'd make my own. Basically, you add this facebook application, do the following steps, and get a free $10 giftcard.[/u]
Steps:

7 SIMPLE STEPS

1) Add application:
http://apps.facebook.com/do-ya-know-a/

2) Click link: Make a few recommendations, share them with a few friends and get a $10 Amazon.com gift certificate!
http://apps.facebook.com/do-ya-know-a/home/amazon_gift_certificate

3) Accept the terms.

4) Go to http://apps.facebook.com/do-ya-know-a/recommend

5) Recommend 5 businesses near you. However, after each one, they'll ask you if you want to share with freinds. On ONE OF THEM ONLY, you must share with 10 freinds.

6) DONE! Wait while the DoYa staff makes sure your businessesd are serious, and you should have your code. If you're lying, no code for you. :)

Q and A:

*CLOSED* DoYa has sorted out the problem. If your code takes longer than expected, they're making sure you're seriously interested. Give them time, they've proven to be loyal.

so the red box says:
"Get Your Amazon Gift Certificate

Share your recommendations with 10 more friends to claim your certificate! "

Even though I've already recommended one of the businesses to 10 friends. At this point I email them?

[quote name='Oktoberfest']so the red box says:
"Get Your Amazon Gift Certificate

Share your recommendations with 10 more friends to claim your certificate! "

Even though I've already recommended one of the businesses to 10 friends. At this point I email them?[/quote]

As #6 says, yes. I think they do this on purpose to only give codes to peopel that care. Follow step 6, and you should be set.

[quote name='the_punisher']Also, if nobody gives a sh*t about my trade list, i'll give you $2 through paypal for the code.[/QUOTE]

lol, why the hell would anyone do that? And you weren't lying about your ps3 prices being ridiculous...

I figured I would post here, made 5 business recs. to 18 friends. Still says i need 10 more friends but, guess i hit their max aloud.

I have sent them an email and hope to hear from them probably Monday or Tuesday.

EDIT-I will post the email I sent to them, once I hear back from them. That way they don't start seeing a "form letter" like emails coming and start deny those.

Also, though i appreciate the O.P. and the O.P. from the other thread, I think whenever anyone states "forum" when trying to get something(discounted or FREE) is not a very good idea, and probably won't help situation.

[quote name='georox']Hell, I'd be willing to offer 4 per code, 2 is just highway robbery. 4 is like... dark-alley robbery.[/quote]

Deal. I'll change it to $4.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']lol, why the hell would anyone do that? And you weren't lying about your ps3 prices being ridiculous...[/quote]

I really don't want to trade them. I just want amazon codes even more....

[quote name='Crazyglitcher']What happens if you share 2 of the rec's to the same friends? Does it reset itself or something?[/quote]

No, it doesn't matter how many friends you do, or if they repeat. You need 10 total.

[quote name='aea414']I figured I would post here, made 5 business recs. to 18 friends. Still says i need 10 more friends but, guess i hit their max aloud.

I have sent them an email and hope to hear from them probably Monday or Tuesday.

EDIT-I will post the email I sent to them, once I hear back from them. That way they don't start seeing a "form letter" like emails coming and start deny those.

Also, though i appreciate the O.P. and the O.P. from the other thread, I think whenever anyone states "forum" when trying to get something(discounted or FREE) is not a very good idea, and probably won't help situation.[/quote]

I don't understand.....

Anyway guys, i tried robbery and it didn't work.

Post is now edited to reflect $4 paypal for a code, as well as all the questions you guys have had. Hope it helps.

[quote name='Nathan_Sama']Could you provide a list of "filler" friends?
im not sure where to start (already added cookie monster)[/quote]

Done. Check Q and A

[quote name='the_punisher']Done. Check Q and A[/QUOTE]

I can't seem to find a way to use "filler friends" as the qualifying 10 needed.
Anyone have any ideas?

[quote name='edawgnog']in, but it didnt really work so i emailed them :/[/quote]

Lol, i don't think it ever does. After an email though, it should work.

Nobody wants $4 paypal for a code? :/

I NEED TO GO FIND Mana Khemia LIMITED EDITION

o heres a reason why some people might not get credited...

taken from http://apps.facebook.com/do-ya-know-a/home/amazon_gift_certificate :

Hey: We aren't giving gift certificates out for just any recommendation. Your friends want to hear about your great, but as yet unknown, Dentist, Personal Trainer, Realtor, Doctor, etc, not about 5 local pizza places. See the bottom of the page for more information.

Rules:
1. DoYa will review each recommendation to ensure that they comply with our editorial standards and has the right to refuse gift certificates to writers whose recommendations do not meet those standards. In particular, we're looking for interesting recommendations for interesting business. Walmart? Pizza Hut? Not so much...
2. There is no limit to the number of businesses or service providers that a user can recommend though a user is limited to writing one recommendation per business or service provider.
3. DoYa retains the right to display recommendations chosen by our editorial staff on the DoYa home page as a Featured Recommendation.

so you should prolly do non fast food restaurants :/... i did taco bell and costco and stuff like that...

[quote name='the_punisher']Lol, i don't think it ever does. After an email though, it should work.

Nobody wants $4 paypal for a code? :/

I NEED TO GO FIND Mana Khemia LIMITED EDITION[/quote]

Honestly, I don't think anyone is stupid enough to give a $10 amazon code for 4 dollars.

[quote name='georox']Honestly, I don't think anyone is stupid enough to give a $10 amazon code for 4 dollars.[/quote]

Hey, it's worth a try.

[quote name='HighlightShow']FYI: $10 Amazon.com GCs go for almost full value on eBay.[/quote]

I wouldn't always trust them. Maybe powersellers, but otherwise the coupon could be expired....

[quote name='the_punisher']
I wouldn't always trust them. Maybe powersellers, but otherwise the coupon could be expired....[/quote]
True.

How long does it take for them to respond with your code after you send your email? Cause I sent my email today in the morning and want to know when to expect it by ^_^

[quote name='the_punisher']Hey, it's worth a try.

I wouldn't always trust them. Maybe powersellers, but otherwise the coupon could be expired....[/quote]

Amazon.com GCs no longer expire.

[quote name='Crazyglitcher']How long does it take for them to respond with your code after you send your email? Cause I sent my email today in the morning and want to know when to expect it by ^_^[/quote]

My first attempt was done within hours. My second attempt- 2 days and counting. Hit or miss?

[quote name='CD6405']Amazon.com GCs no longer expire.[/quote]

Sorry, wrong word. I meant they could've been redeemed.

First ,people who are complaining about not getting an email, IT WAS THE WEEKEND, they are probably just getting back to work TODAY, THIS MORNING, and depending weather they are on East or West Coast could still be sleeping. Secondly I sent my email on Saturday night and I figured that I wouldn't hear back until at least today anyways. Patience is a VIRTUE.

Thirdly, the_punisher please stop asking for people to trade with you, THIS IS A DEAL THREAD, if you wish to talk about trading make a thread in one of the appropriate trading sub-forums. One paragraph in your first post is fine but asking every 5 posts is excessive.

I tried it, said I needed to recommend 10 more friends. I sent them an e-mail. Thanks for letting me know about this, hope it works. Pretty easy too. I actually added a few family businesses. (I come from a Jewish family so most of my relatives are self-employed :lol:)

Yes as aea414 said, this isn't the trading section. All future posts about wanting to buy, trade, or sell your amazon GCs will be deleted.

Yeah, my bad. Got excited....

Anyway, let me know when any of you hear back from them. This isn't a scam, as i used a $10 code on a Persona 3 FES preorder, so it definitely works. All the buying codes parts have been removed, but still, let me know if it owkrs for anyone. Also, i'm not sure about your friends problem. I'm still in a school, so i have a network and over 200+ friends, so it was never really a problem for me. If someone figures it out, let me know and i'll add it to the post.

bread's done
Back