Free $10 electronic gift card from Walmart.com for Cancelled Pre-Orders

breakingcustoms

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
Hey guys, I just received this email from Walmart.com in regards to the preorder pricing errors...

[FONT=&quot]Dear Brandon Nesky,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We apologize for our recent video game pricing error and the incorrect information included in our follow up e-mail correspondence with you.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]As we are always striving to provide a positive customer experience, we will be sending you a $10 electronic Gift Card toward a future purchase as an apology for your recent experience. (One Gift Card per affected customer; this card can only be used online at Walmart.com. Look for details in a separate email.)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]As a reminder, your payment method was never charged for the canceled items. Any related authorization hold on your credit or debit card account will be released in accordance with your financial institution's holds policy. Please contact your financial institution for more information.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If you have any questions, please email us at [email protected].[/FONT]

So, if you tried to get a $20 SSBB and got cancelled (like me), you should be getting this gift card through email soon!

[quote name='breakingcustoms']Hey guys, I just received this email from Walmart.com in regards to the preorder pricing errors...

So, if you tried to get a $20 SSBB and got cancelled (like me), you should be getting this gift card through email soon![/quote]
I too got the email....Kudos to Wal Mart for this. Yeah the "Your request to cancel" bs was lame, but all the Wal Mart haters were quick to attack, as though it was Circuit City.

Did you send a complaint email after your original order was canceled or did you just receive this out of the blue?

[quote name='BillyBob29']Did you sent a complaint email after your original order was canceled or did you just receive this out of the blue?[/quote]

nope, didnt do anything

[quote name='SpazX']No bitching required? Awesome. I hope I get one.[/quote]
i did some bitching, so probably why i got mine so fast, by the way, isnt this in the wrong section?

I still don't believe this is sufficient. They should honor the preorder price. I'm not going to be suckered into buying something from them just because they game me a $10 discount when I should have received a $30 discount.

I got mine ten minutes ago, and didn't complain to them or anything after my order was canceled.

EDIT: And bojay, I'll take your GC, since you said you aren't going to use it.

[quote name='bojay1997']I still don't believe this is sufficient. They should honor the preorder price. I'm not going to be suckered into buying something from them just because they game me a $10 discount when I should have received a $30 discount.[/quote]

life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what youre gonna get, in this case you got a $10 gc back, so at least its something @_@

[quote name='bojay1997']I still don't believe this is sufficient. They should honor the preorder price. I'm not going to be suckered into buying something from them just because they game me a $10 discount when I should have received a $30 discount.[/quote]

If you don't want to spend money there then don't, but complaining even more when they give you something is ridiculous.

[quote name='Squarehard']i did some bitching, so probably why i got mine so fast, by the way, isnt this in the wrong section?[/quote]

Doubtful, I think it's just making the rounds. I didn't complain and I got it.

[quote name='phear3d']wow thanks i just received it! i did 3 separate orders.. does that mean i get 3 of them? :)[/quote]

I did a preorder of SSBB and Haze...only got one.

Not bad at all. $10 of their own volition for the countless people who sprang on the mistake is a nice conciliatory gesture. Nowhere near the level of a $20 Brawl but I won't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Well then you should have called in .. bitch an moan ... then bitch and moan some more.
They probably would have broken down and gave you more.
either way too bad.

But this 10$ GC was for people like me, who didnt really care too much and pretty much was prepared for the cancellation.
This was a nice surprise because i didnt even expect or demanded anything.
It does mean i have to shop at walmart again but alwell.

All in all thumbs up, and of course people are still gonna complaint ...

Wow, they offer a $10 giftcard for nothing, when these types of mistakes happen all the time with other companies and they don't do anything but cancel it. Don't spend it, give it to a CAG (preferably Rig since he asked first and he's a great CAG). $10 is a damn nice thing for them to do for hurting your feelings by not honoring a completely obvious price mistake. You were probably trying to buy 30 copies to flip on Ebay and you're just pissed about it. Do you complain about everything?

Not to mention Wal Mart isn't going to shed a tear when you're not gonna spend your measly money there over something as trivial as this. I'm pretty sure most CAGS (smart ones anyway) knew this was going to get canceled, but were hoping for a slim chance of getting a nice cheap copy of SSBB to play.

As we are always striving to provide a positive customer experience, we will be sending you a $10 electronic Gift Card toward a future purchase as an apology for your recent experience. (One Gift Card per affected customer; this card can only be used online at Walmart.com. Look for details in a separate email.)

[quote name='Rig']I got mine ten minutes ago, and didn't complain to them or anything after my order was canceled.
[/quote]

I haven't got one, but I have emailed them. Although my email was complaining about not getting my money back yet, although I guess it should time out after a while.

I got mine. I really do appreciate it. Everyone should have already figured the pricing was wrong and they were going to cancel the orders. Regardless of that, we still got something awesome. :)

I just got the email. Very pleased. Good service, Wal-Mart, I take back all the nasty things I said.

Dear ******,

We apologize for our recent video game pricing error and the incorrect information included in our follow up e-mail correspondence with you.

As we are always striving to provide a positive customer experience, we will be sending you a $10 electronic Gift Card toward a future purchase as an apology for your recent experience. (One Gift Card per affected customer; this card can only be used online at Walmart.com. Look for details in a separate email.)

As a reminder, your payment method was never charged for the canceled items. Any related authorization hold on your credit or debit card account will be released in accordance with your financial institution's holds policy. Please contact your financial institution for more information.

If you have any questions, please email us at [email protected].

Sincerely,

Customer Service at Walmart.com

www.walmart.com

[quote name='Nate Nanjo']I haven't got one, but I have emailed them. Although my email was complaining about not getting my money back yet, although I guess it should time out after a while.[/quote]

They charged you? They just pended my CC and it'll drop off in a few weeks, I never got charged though.

theres already like two other threads like this, please check the forum for existing threads before posting a new one thats the exact same thing, keeps down the spam

I got the email as well. I love how they make sure to outline that it is one per affected CUSTOMER, and not per affected order. Still a good effort on their part, but I bet somebody lost their job over this mess.

[quote name='Squarehard']theres already like two other threads like this, please check the forum for existing threads before posting a new one thats the exact same thing, keeps down the spam[/quote]

I didnt get mines yet ... when they sent it out?

I'm amazed at the people that are still pissed even after getting a $10 gift card.

Pathetic. Wal-Mart did fantastic in offering this $10 gift card. I, for one, am very impressed. :applause: to Wal-Mart.

[quote name='dim2192']I can imagine people who reserved dozens of copies will be getting showered with gift cards[/quote]

I'm pretty sure they gave them out as one per address.

Because i made two orders on two different credit cards, well one was a debit card.
Anyways .. i only got one email .. so dont expect more then one unless you used more then one address.

I did actually complain in writing and I intend to keep pursuing this. They committed fraud here and sending me $10 doesn't make that ok. If Toys R Us had refused to honor the $25 gift card for pre-ordering SMBG, would everyone be cool with that if you got a $10 gift card instead? That was the equivalent of selling the game for $25, so was it crazy to think Walmart, the world's largest retailer, would sell a game for $20? If Amazon does a deal of the day and fails to keep good track of their stock or prices a game way too low (in their opinion after the fact) and gets thousands of orders, should they be able to send me an e-mail claiming I cancelled my order rather than apologizing and explaining why they can't fulfill the order? Absolutely not. All I expected was honesty from Walmart and if they had sent me an e-mail immediately saying "this was a mistake, we apologize, but we can't fulfill your order", I would have dropped it and not given it another thought. Lying about who cancelled the order and sending me generic responses to my initial e-mail complaint is what I take issue with. So, all of you can enjoy your $10 gift cards but I'm not someone who just accepts it when large corporations treat small consumers badly.

[quote name='bojay1997']I did actually complain in writing and I intend to keep pursuing this. They committed fraud here and sending me $10 doesn't make that ok. If Toys R Us had refused to honor the $25 gift card for pre-ordering SMBG, would everyone be cool with that if you got a $10 gift card instead? That was the equivalent of selling the game for $25, so was it crazy to think Walmart, the world's largest retailer, would sell a game for $20? If Amazon does a deal of the day and fails to keep good track of their stock or prices a game way too low (in their opinion after the fact) and gets thousands of orders, should they be able to send me an e-mail claiming I cancelled my order rather than apologizing and explaining why they can't fulfill the order? Absolutely not. All I expected was honesty from Walmart and if they had sent me an e-mail immediately saying "this was a mistake, we apologize, but we can't fulfill your order", I would have dropped it and not given it another thought. Lying about who cancelled the order and sending me generic responses to my initial e-mail complaint is what I take issue with. So, all of you can enjoy your $10 gift cards but I'm not someone who just accepts it when large corporations treat small consumers badly.[/quote]

All of those scenarios you have put forth have all gone through without a hitch, so I don't see how you are using those as an analogy to compare to the Wal-Mart problem. Shit happens, get over it. I made a really big deal about it too with my extremely long email, but they at least tried to make amends for it by giving us something back. And if you are hard of seeing, it is clearly stated in their privacy policy that pricing errors are not a responsibility of Wal-Mart and they do have a right to cancel the order if they see fit, which is on all websites, so in all those other situations of ToysRus or Amazon both cancelled the orders, too bad, life goes on. I can't believe anyone who considers themselve a "small consumer" can be complaining so much about something like this especially after they even gave you something back for your inconvenience. Just outright ridiculous

[quote name='bojay1997']I did actually complain in writing and I intend to keep pursuing this. They committed fraud here and sending me $10 doesn't make that ok. If Toys R Us had refused to honor the $25 gift card for pre-ordering SMBG, would everyone be cool with that if you got a $10 gift card instead? That was the equivalent of selling the game for $25, so was it crazy to think Walmart, the world's largest retailer, would sell a game for $20? If Amazon does a deal of the day and fails to keep good track of their stock or prices a game way too low (in their opinion after the fact) and gets thousands of orders, should they be able to send me an e-mail claiming I cancelled my order rather than apologizing and explaining why they can't fulfill the order? Absolutely not. All I expected was honesty from Walmart and if they had sent me an e-mail immediately saying "this was a mistake, we apologize, but we can't fulfill your order", I would have dropped it and not given it another thought. Lying about who cancelled the order and sending me generic responses to my initial e-mail complaint is what I take issue with. So, all of you can enjoy your $10 gift cards but I'm not someone who just accepts it when large corporations treat small consumers badly.[/quote]

You're obviously being ridiculous about this. This is not fraud, this is about as fraudulent as Xbox Live being down (even though it's in their TOS that the service is guaranteed to work). Pursue whatever you want, but I highly doubt you'll get an extra dime from Wal Mart. Yes, it's ridiculous to think they're be selling about 10 games that aren't even out yet and $20+ under retail, hence the reason most CAGs were prepared for cancellation.

[quote name='bojay1997']I did actually complain in writing and I intend to keep pursuing this. They committed fraud here and sending me $10 doesn't make that ok.[/QUOTE]
You're an idiot.

[quote name='bojay1997']I did actually complain in writing and I intend to keep pursuing this. They committed fraud here and sending me $10 doesn't make that ok. Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla.[/quote]

You should file a law suit! YAA!!

[quote name='horrido']You should file a law suit! YAA!![/quote]

Yea! Itll only cost him a few thousand dollars to get a lawyer and take time off to get his extra $30 off the game, but its the principle of the thing! WELL WORTH IT!

Everyone who griped and moaned about Wal-mart not doing anything can eat their words. Sure, I exactly excited about my order being canceled, but I knew it was a long shot in the first place. While I'm not likely to order Smash Bros. from Wal-mart even with the giftcard, the giftcard is certainly a welcome gesture.

bread's done
Back