Free $10 electronic gift card from Walmart.com for Cancelled Pre-Orders

Yeah, I just saw this e-mail a few minutes ago.

Really wasn't expecting anything from them but a "fuck you and have a nice day".

Now, what to use it with...?

[quote name='Regian']Yeah, I just saw this e-mail a few minutes ago.

Really wasn't expecting anything from them but a "fuck you and have a nice day".

Now, what to use it with...?[/quote]

i dont think anyone was expecting anything anyways, so dont ask any of us, lol

I didn't receive an email yet, but I checked my Walmart.com account and saw that I have been given a $10 GC, so try checking that as well...

Just got the email 1 minute ago!

I knew that the orders would be canceled and I did it for shitzngiggles, but $10 is very nice.

Now to find something worth $10 on Walmart's site worth owning...

[quote name='Starky27']I didn't receive an email yet, but I checked my Walmart.com account and saw that I have been given a $10 GC, so try checking that as well...[/quote]

i got the email alrdy but not the balance yet T___T

Just got mine.....you can login to your walmart.com account and make sure you will be getting one though.....i guess its better than nothing.

[quote name='Starky27']I didn't receive an email yet, but I checked my Walmart.com account and saw that I have been given a $10 GC, so try checking that as well...[/QUOTE]

Cool, that works

"Subtotal $10.00
Goodwill -$10.00
Shipping $0.00 "

I like how the $10 off is categorized as goodwill

Here are some items I found to use it on:

Although the games aren't the greatest they have a 2 for $10 deal on some XBox games, it would be $3.00 plus tax shipped for the 2 games

For the 360, WarTech: Senko no Ronde is $9.82 so it would be $2.xx shipped

For PSP Rengoku 2 is $10, DS True Swing Golf is also $10, Mario Golf GBA is $11, Sonic Gems Collection on GCN and Raw Danger on PS2 are $12.82, Phoenix Wright Justice For All and Sonic Rush are $14.82

I got dicked out of this because Walmart.com doesn't even acknowledge my order, despite receipt - didn't get e-mail confirmation of a cancellation, and my account credentials don't work. Oh well, woulda been nice, but whatever.

anyone who was surprised or angered that their pre-order was cancelled after an obvious pricing mistake is an anus.

as soon as the deal was posted, on multiple sites, the next post would be "great find, if they honor an obvious mistake and the order doesn't get cancelled." as cheap as we all may be, i think we all KNEW that the chances of getting arguably the biggest game on the wii this year on a pre-order @ 50% off was just as likely as getting keira knightley and scarlett johansson in a 3-way. and trust me, i've tried, it's not as easy as you'd think.

not to mention i am sure there are numerous douchebags out there that ordered 10 or 20 copies just so they could turn around and try to e-bay them and make a tidy profit. the same profit that they rant against wal-mart making by not honoring their price. does wal-mart have crappy, sometimes evil business practices? yes. does that give you the right to try to turn around and take advantage of them when they make a mistake? no. so spare me your righteous indignation that wal-mart has the temerity to send you an e-mail claiming that YOU REQUESTED your order be cancelled.

kudos to wal-mart for stepping up and admitting a mistake and giving everyone $10 for their shattered hopes and 4-5 hours of "trouble", when, honestly, legally, they didn't have to do anything.

everyone can bitch and moan about the evils of big corporate bad guy wal-mart, but when was the last time any other big retailer made an obvious mistake and tried to make it up to you? hmm? i'm looking at you circuit city. you too, best buy. you guys barely honor the stuff in your own ads. don't even say a word gamestop - you're the worst one of all.

[quote name='Squarehard'][/FONT]nope[/QUOTE]

I was hoping someone on CAG read the ONE per affected customer. ;-)

Got mine.

i guess since i ordered mine fairly later on in the day i wont get my $10 yet, although i have gotten the email, but no balance on account yet T___T

[quote name='Squarehard']i guess since i ordered mine fairly later on in the day i wont get my $10 yet, although i have gotten the email, but no balance on account yet T___T[/quote]

there it goes :bouncy:

I got my email about this too. Kinda makes up for the mistake, but I would have rather got the game for what I ordered it at. Oh well.......better than nothing.

[quote name='Squarehard']theres already like two other threads like this, please check the forum for existing threads before posting a new one thats the exact same thing, keeps down the spam[/quote]
Spam? The hell? Thanks for joining to play forum police. This is obviously a worthless thread, as evidenced by the four pages of replies that immediatly appeared. Also, your post is off topic. Please keep off-topic chatter to minimum, as your discussion is cluttering our discussion board. **Edit** I now see you're posting regularly in this thread. I'll take that as a sign of your approval. I take back all the mean things I said. I still love you. ****

On topic, I placed two separate orders and got one email about the $10. I'm assuming they learned from their initial database mistake and eliminated duplicates from the order ledger. This may have been done by email address though, so it's probable that someone who placed two separate orders at two different email addresses will get two $10 gift codes.

It is smart on their part to offer the $10. Especially if they merge orders, it cuts down on their losses drastically and is a nice piece of damage control.

[quote name='mephitical']Spam? The hell? Thanks for joining to play forum police. This is obviously a worthless thread, as evidenced by the four pages of replies that immediatly appeared. Also, your post is off topic. Please keep off-topic chatter to minimum, as your discussion is cluttering our discussion board. **Edit** I now see you're posting regularly in this thread. I'll take that as a sign of your approval. I take back all the mean things I said. I still love you. ****

On topic, I placed two separate orders and got one email about the $10. I'm assuming they learned from their initial database mistake and eliminated duplicates from the order ledger. This may have been done by email address though, so it's probable that someone who placed two separate orders at two different email addresses will get two $10 gift codes.

It is smart on their part to offer the $10. Especially if they merge orders, it cuts down on their losses drastically and is a nice piece of damage control.[/quote]

moo ^__^

just got this same email as OP, but it was in my junk mail, so I had to wade through the sea of penis enlargement and timeshare selling requests to find it.

[quote name='technolover']Haha nice, i also got the mail...but how do i use the GC? i can see it on my walmart account...but how do you use it? :D[/quote]
well when you go to your account on walmart.com it shows up as if you bought a gift card...

SubTotal $10.00
Goodwill -$10.00
Total $0

Shipping Method:
Emailed within hours at no charge.

So They should send another email later with the actual GC code

Got mine. Now, what to get... Maybe I should just wait until something I want comes out. I wish they had Perfect Shots in stock. Or didn't jack up the price on the Wii Points card.

What are you guys gonna get?

Just to reiterate something from the email: this coupon works on Sam's Club's website as well. Which means that if you have a membership (highly worth it IMO) you can get stuff from their web site. I noticed that they have the wiimote for 36 bucks and the wii points card for 19. Not as good a selection as Wal-Mart, but better prices.

A good company should honor there price mistake.

'Oh heres a cookie look at the cookie instead while we hide our mistake'

:hot: 'wow walmart gave me 10 dollars credit so I can pay to travel to and from walmart to buy something way less in value im so excited I must be 12 free candy!'

You must be 12 if you are too immature to realize they didn't have to give you anything and they did better than what happens 99% of the time for online pricing errors.

[quote name='Skelah']A good company should honor there price mistake.

'Oh heres a cookie look at the cookie instead while we hide our mistake'

:hot: 'wow walmart gave me 10 dollars credit so I can pay to travel to and from walmart to buy something way less in value im so excited I must be 12 free candy!'[/quote]

Actually the discount is only for Walmart.com if I am reading this email right. So no traveling. Unless you buy something and take it back to a actual store...

I got my email & going to preorder Wild Arms for PSP. They are listing it at $30 and after my GC that will bring it down to $20. I'm cool with that.

[quote name='bojay1997'] If Toys R Us had refused to honor the $25 gift card for pre-ordering SMBG, would everyone be cool with that if you got a $10 gift card instead? That was the equivalent of selling the game for $25, so was it crazy to think Walmart, the world's largest retailer, would sell a game for $20?[/quote]
Super Mario Galaxy still had a cost of $50. Equivalent or not, you're making an incorrect comparison to the price mistake issue.

[quote name='munch']The real question is, what can we get for around $10?[/quote]
You could get a $40 Melee. :mrgreen:

If anyone isnt going to use theirs I'll take em. Seriously stacking these up could help a lot to getting a PS3 without the wifey getting pissed off.

I did get my e-mail this morning....very nice. Although, their prices online seem much higher. 2000 Wii Points for $24.xx

I see you can order a gift card, but it costs $1.87 to ship. So, if you want to get something in-store...it basically is a $8.13 gift card for free :)

Eh you guys enjoy your 10 dollar gift card u could get aquaman for ps2 instead of the deal you were promised..doesnt walmart have a low price gaurentee?
See you were offerd a 10 dollar giftcard cause of what kind of item it is.

If it were something with a complete adult demographic they wouldve caved and gave you all the deal.
Thats my guess sounds pretty insulting too but then again most of you dont seem to mind so maybe they were correct .

Whats real funny is you people are gonna end up using the giftcard and buying something for full price thinking ur getting a great deal '10 dollars off' lol when if you buy a game at full price that way your getting a weaker deal than the game you were originaly promised.

Its like they tricked you into not only being ok that they lied but into giving them more money .
Ill be quiet now.

Trying to squeeze Walmart more than a giftcard will be ridiculed, they are proctected by their disclaimer which few people read. A few years ago, Best Buy were selling XBox 360 at their website about a few weeks after launch of the console, they inadvertently let the website sold 360s for at least 6 hours, sold more than what they had in stock. These were going for around $500 around Christmas time. In the end, they offered bestbuy.com $10 gift cards. And I don't see any lawsuits, or anything more than a $10 gift card to this day. Be happy with your giftcard and move on to the next deal.

If any of you don't want to use your gift card in protest of Walmart.com's handling of this whole situation, then send it to me. I'll use it.

Sweet, if it wasn't for this thread, I wouldn't have known Walmart was giving out GC as I rarely check the e-mail registered to my Walmart account.

[quote name='Skelah']Eh you guys enjoy your 10 dollar gift card u could get aquaman for ps2 instead of the deal you were promised..doesnt walmart have a low price gaurentee?

If it were something with a complete adult demographic they wouldve caved and gave you all the deal.
Thats my guess sounds pretty insulting too but then again most of you dont seem to mind so maybe they were correct .

Whats real funny is you people are gonna end up using the giftcard and buying something for full price thinking ur getting a great deal '10 dollars off' lol when if you buy a game at full price that way your getting a weaker deal than the game you were originaly promised.

Its like they tricked you into not only being ok that they lied but into giving them more money .
Ill be quiet now.[/quote]

You must have been disappointed a lot as a child.

Eh you guys enjoy your 10 dollar gift card u could get aquaman for ps2 instead of the deal you were promised..doesnt walmart have a low price gaurentee?

Low prices guarantees are for in store, and not to mention theres always guideline on price matching in store as well. So I don't really think you can even use that "low price guarantee" crap on them. Go to Fry's and ask them about their "low price guarantee", see how helpful they are at that...

[quote name='Dirt McGirt']Sweet, if it wasn't for this thread, I wouldn't have known Walmart was giving out GC as I rarely check the e-mail registered to my Walmart account.[/quote]

did u actually pre-order a copy of SSBB for $20 though? cause if you didnt, youre not getting one :p

[quote name='Skelah']Eh you guys enjoy your 10 dollar gift card u could get aquaman for ps2 instead of the deal you were promised..doesnt walmart have a low price gaurentee?

Ill be quiet now.[/QUOTE]

This was exactly the point I was making earlier and the issue I raised with Walmart in my letter. They do nothing but benefit from this alleged mistake. People who ordered items at the same time other than the ones that were on the preorder sale still paid full price for those items and didn't get the preorder discount they thought they were getting. Traffic to their site spiked way up and they got lots of free publicity. This "giveaway" does nothing but take that same pool of customers who they defrauded the first time and brings them back for what is a minimal discount on $50 and $60 games. The thing is, buying SSB or any other new release game on Walmart.com is going to be more than just walking to my nearest retailer since I have to pay the same tax and also shipping and the game will be MSRP. So, this would really be about a $7 to $8 "discount" which is not fair or reasonable.

My earlier point about TRU and Amazon is that as legitimate retailers, if they do make an actual mistake on their website, they simply fix it while honoring it for the people that already ordered. Amazon in particular posts lots of prices that seem really excessively low and some of those prices never come back which leads me to believe they make mistakes from time to time, but they have never failed to honor a single price they posted on their website and I have ordered from them literally 200+ times.

If Walmart wanted to make this right, they would have simply honored the price and done to Nintendo (which is the most profitable video game company in history currently) what they do to all their suppliers which is to pass the lower margin down the line.

At the end of the day, I'm not going to sue Walmart because technically, other than the fraudulent e-mail, they haven't broken the law. My damages are pretty limited at $30 and frankly, they have been sued and lost many times for other things and they are so big it doesn't even matter to them. But I will keep telling everyone who will listen and I won't shop there anymore. That's only going to cost them a few hundred dollars a year at the end of the day, but at least I stood up for what was right.

[quote name='bojay1997']This was exactly the point I was making earlier and the issue I raised with Walmart in my letter. They do nothing but benefit from this alleged mistake. People who ordered items at the same time other than the ones that were on the preorder sale still paid full price for those items and didn't get the preorder discount they thought they were getting. Traffic to their site spiked way up and they got lots of free publicity. This "giveaway" does nothing but take that same pool of customers who they defrauded the first time and brings them back for what is a minimal discount on $50 and $60 games. The thing is, buying SSB or any other new release game on Walmart.com is going to be more than just walking to my nearest retailer since I have to pay the same tax and also shipping and the game will be MSRP. So, this would really be about a $7 to $8 "discount" which is not fair or reasonable.

My earlier point about TRU and Amazon is that as legitimate retailers, if they do make an actual mistake on their website, they simply fix it while honoring it for the people that already ordered. Amazon in particular posts lots of prices that seem really excessively low and some of those prices never come back which leads me to believe they make mistakes from time to time, but they have never failed to honor a single price they posted on their website and I have ordered from them literally 200+ times.

If Walmart wanted to make this right, they would have simply honored the price and done to Nintendo (which is the most profitable video game company in history currently) what they do to all their suppliers which is to pass the lower margin down the line.

At the end of the day, I'm not going to sue Walmart because technically, other than the fraudulent e-mail, they haven't broken the law. My damages are pretty limited at $30 and frankly, they have been sued and lost many times for other things and they are so big it doesn't even matter to them. But I will keep telling everyone who will listen and I won't shop there anymore. That's only going to cost them a few hundred dollars a year at the end of the day, but at least I stood up for what was right.[/quote]

You stood up for what you think was right, and thats just free speech I guess, can't stop ya from doing that. But unfortunately this is an open forum and everyone else is also allowed their opinion so pretty much you are going to get bashed for saying that getting a $10 gc for their mistakes is a terrible idea and you would want nothing to do with it.

I respect what you are trying to say as well, but you already did say it earlier in the very first page, and stated it quite clearly. Then you started to try and defend yourself with very, very, very long statements like the one above to try to justify your statements and make everyone else know it and even trying to say you were standing up for the "small consumers". Just to let you know, that all of us are small consumers, if we needed someone to speak up for us, we would announce it and have someone speak up for us. It doesn't take a genius to know that Wal-Mart is a huge retail company that has screwed countless people over the year, especially the elderly and the immigrant workers, but can you not at least acknowledge that the $10 gc was at least better than anything we could have expected from them in the first place.

That's why we are all on this forums to begin with, if theres a good deal we see on the forums, we take a look and make a decision to buy it, it doesn't always work out due to bad pricing, out of stock, blah blah blah. If you would like to blame someone for the Wal-Mart thing, you might as well blame the person who posted the link originally because since you "hate" Wal-Mart, I doubt you would have been the type of person that shops their normally anyways and would have saw the offer yourself. You just got to stop trying to belittle people by your comments that you're the "freedom fighter" that we have all sought for and only you can stop this "evil corporation" from our inpending doom, because frankly, nobody really needs that. Anyways, my fingers are cold, gonna go take a shower @_@

[quote name='bojay1997']This was exactly the point I was making earlier and the issue I raised with Walmart in my letter. They do nothing but benefit from this alleged mistake. People who ordered items at the same time other than the ones that were on the preorder sale still paid full price for those items and didn't get the preorder discount they thought they were getting. Traffic to their site spiked way up and they got lots of free publicity. This "giveaway" does nothing but take that same pool of customers who they defrauded the first time and brings them back for what is a minimal discount on $50 and $60 games. The thing is, buying SSB or any other new release game on Walmart.com is going to be more than just walking to my nearest retailer since I have to pay the same tax and also shipping and the game will be MSRP. So, this would really be about a $7 to $8 "discount" which is not fair or reasonable.

At the end of the day, I'm not going to sue Walmart because technically, other than the fraudulent e-mail, they haven't broken the law. My damages are pretty limited at $30 and frankly, they have been sued and lost many times for other things and they are so big it doesn't even matter to them. But I will keep telling everyone who will listen and I won't shop there anymore. That's only going to cost them a few hundred dollars a year at the end of the day, but at least I stood up for what was right.[/quote]

So Wal Mart posted a mistake, cancels the orders, which is completely fine, and posted on their website.

Pulled directly from their TOS...

"Order Acceptance
Please note that there may be certain orders that we are unable to accept and must cancel. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to refuse or cancel any order for any reason."

How about Circuit City and their constant use of advertising something at a great price and having few or none in stock? "Buy COD4 get COD3 for free", Dual layer dvds on sale and having only one tiny rack of them.

So you bitch and moan about the cancellation, and yet almost every CAG on here knew it was going to get canceled. You lose 30 seconds of your time, Wal Mart gives you free $10 gift card, which you can use to buy any other current video game at current price, and you bitch and moan again.

I'm sorry but corporations don't have to lay down for you, nor should they. Do you bitch and complain about Xbox Live down and think they should give you 28 free 360's and four Playstation 3s? Wal Mart probably doesn't want you as a customer anyway. You're likely one of these people just looking for a frivilous lawsuit, you'd probably "trip" over a shirt that someone dropped in the clothing section, scratch your arm and sue for millions of dollars for pain and suffering.

Wal Mart stores often honor big price mistakes in other ads, like the Madden for 22.49 a few weeks ago. It's very unlikely that you'd get that PM anywhere but a Wal Mart.

And then you go as far as defending Toys R Us, who screwed myself and many CAGS out of the SMG deal (I got lied to on 4 different occasions in 24 hours, and drove down there twice after being lied to)

And like I said earlier if you don't want that gift card give it to a CAG and don't ever step foot in Wal Mart again. As a matter of fact please try to sue them, I'll be hoping the fees for everything costs you so much that you can't afford to have internet to log into CAG anymore. Perhaps it would humble your ass up so you wouldn't think everyone owes you something. People like you are the reason greedy trial lawyers are just salivating and M.Ds have to spend millions on malpractice insurance every year.

So to sum it all up, no one cares, and you're not some sort of crusader. I think I speak for 98% of the CAG community when I say you're pretty much being a douchebag about this whole issue. If your going to "fight the good fight" go after a company that screws CAGs over on a regular basis like Circuit City, not a company who fixes a pricing error by giving you something free. Yeah, it's not a lot, but they didn't have to give you a single penny.

I got an email in my spam folder about this and the giftcard link was all in html code so I had to do a little work but I got my 10 beans in my account. F --CC & Walmart

[quote name='veedubkid']I got an email in my spam folder about this and the giftcard link was all in html code so I had to do a little work but I got my 10 beans in my account. F --CC & Walmart[/quote]

i guess since i ordered mine late, itll be awhile until i receive the gc code T___T, alrdy gotten my email and said they emailed it, but still waiting @_@

bread's done
Back