Free $10 Gift Card with FF 13 Purchase at Target!

I don't know if Target has a reservation card for Final Fantasy XIII, but all of the games you reserve with Target now come with a $5 giftcard with purchase. So, I guess that would mean you would get a $10 giftcard and $5 giftcard if you reserve it there (assuming you can).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KillerRamen']I don't know if Target has a reservation card for Final Fantasy XIII, but all of the games you reserve with Target now come with a $5 giftcard with purchase. So, I guess that would mean you would get a $10 giftcard and $5 giftcard if you reserve it there (assuming you can).[/QUOTE]

Yeah but the $5 gift card only works for the 7 days after release date. Could use it on Gow3 :p.

Wow so theoretically I can get the game the game for the same price I have reserved on Amazon since I still get a discount at Target. I might just do that so I won't be forced to purchase it next Monday and buy it Thursday when I get paid.

[quote name='ASLplease']Yeah but the $5 gift card only works for the 7 days after release date. Could use it on Gow3 :p.[/QUOTE]

Or frozen pizzas. You can never have enough pizza.

[quote name='KillerRamen']Or frozen pizzas. You can never have enough pizza.[/QUOTE]

And some water. Lots and lots of water!

It's not a bad deal for the people that won't be attending the midnight release of FF13. I know I might not.

[quote name='ASLplease']Yeah but the $5 gift card only works for the 7 days after release date. Could use it on Gow3 :p.[/QUOTE]

Youre confused. In order to GET the giftcard you have to purchase the game within 7 days of the release date. The giftcard has no expiration date or fees.

[quote name='CaoPi']same deal on amazon, CA tax 8.75% no go for me....[/QUOTE]
I've never been charged tax from Amazon and I live in CA.

[quote name='limelight022']Youre confused. In order to GET the giftcard you have to purchase the game within 7 days of the release date. The giftcard has no expiration date or fees.[/QUOTE]

Really? So basically if I can find a FF13 preorder card, I can generally get the game with $15 in gift card total?

I just saw it last week and I thought it meant the gift card lasts 7 days from purchase.

The funny thing is I just bought MLB 2k10 from Target but I only bought it because my copy from Gamestop probably won't be here until next week. So I'm going to return that when FF13 releases and get FF13, because my copy from Gamestop will take a week to come.

Now I'm tempted to get the $15 and keep it.

[quote name='KillerRamen']all of the games you reserve with Targetnow come with a $5 giftcard with purchase.[/QUOTE]

What is Targetnow?

Thanks!

[quote name='knight613']I've never been charged tax from Amazon and I live in CA.[/QUOTE]

I believe he is referring to tax if he buys at Target.

[quote name='thegame85']I believe he is referring to tax if he buys at Target.[/QUOTE]

yup and before anyone else asks this. No you can't buy FF 13 and keep the $10 gc upon trying to return it!

I think this is a way BETTER deal than Amazon!!!

I don't know why people prefer Amazon. Unless Amazon is CHEAPER than $59.99, plus $10 credit...

We will see what Best Buy gonna do. I REALLY MISS Circuit City!!! :(

[quote name='hanselong']

What is Targetnow?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

:) He just forgot a space between Target and now. re-read the sentence with the space put in there and you'll see what he meant.

[quote name='SuperJedi']I think this is a way BETTER deal than Amazon!!!

I don't know why people prefer Amazon. Unless Amazon is CHEAPER than $59.99, plus $10 credit...

We will see what Best Buy gonna do. I REALLY MISS Circuit City!!! :([/QUOTE]

Well if you look at it from straight dollars and cents the Amazon deal is better:

Amazon 59.99
- $10 video game credit
+ no sales tax and free shipping

Target 59.99
- $10 gift card
+ sales tax.

Also, why is this a separate thread? We have the Target ad thread stickied already.

Cuz this is BETTER than Amazon.

And, now Amazon isn't $56.99 that's a month ago!

Man, who cares about Tax?

If people are not BIG FF 13 fans they fine, Amazon can get them the game too, after maybe 5+ hours after Target opens....

If people are BIG FF fans, get it 8AM, take off Work, play the game!!! :D

[quote name='SuperJedi']Cuz this is BETTER than Amazon.

If people are not BIG FF 13 fans they fine, Amazon can get them the game too, after maybe 5+ hours after Target opens....

If people are BIG FF fans, get it 8AM, take off Work, play the game!!! :D[/QUOTE]

Because this is CAG and sales tax is part of the equation. The cheapest option is Amazon if you do the math. If you live in a tax free state then it is the exact same deal. If you are a fanboy and have to play the game the second it comes out then just go buy it at Target, but it doesn't change the fact that it is not a better deal than Amazon.

Also don't forget Pre-order = $5 additional.

And, frankly, I don't/NEVER has give a **** about Tax!!! I know Amazon is great, but it's more (ALWAYS) important for me to get it fast than wait!

Amazon's Tax Free incentive never really mattered that much to me, ever. It's base price is WHAT's important!

If its the SAME price at Amazon AND store, I ALWAYS get it at the store!

[quote name='SuperJedi']Also don't forget Pre-order = $5 additional.

And, frankly, I don't/NEVER has give a **** about Tax!!! I know Amazon is great, but it's more (ALWAYS) important for me to get it fast than wait!

Amazon's Tax Free incentive never really mattered that much to me, ever. It's base price is WHAT's important!

If its the SAME price at Amazon AND store, I ALWAYS get it at the store![/QUOTE]

I prefer to get it at Midnight and play instead of waiting for UPS or FedEx to deliver.

If people are BIG FF fans, get it 8AM, take off Work, play the game!!! :D[/QUOTE]

I've been waiting for 3 years and I'm just fine waiting on release day for the mail to arrive.

I can just relax and get everything set up, because I won't be shutting that thing off for the 50 or so hours it takes to beat it.

Best spring break ever.

Folks who always point out that Amazon doesn't charge tax, and is therefore the better deal, may want to keep in mind a good number of people live in states where Amazon does charge tax.

Amazon's an awesome site, but in this case, I wouldn't tell anyone I know to go through Amazon, when they can get the game earlier, at the same price, elsewhere.

[quote name='SuperJedi']Also don't forget Pre-order = $5 additional.

If its the SAME price at Amazon AND store, I ALWAYS get it at the store![/QUOTE]

It really isn't the base price that is important. Its what you have to pay to walk out of the store and/or have it delivered to your house. If you don't consider the cost of tax when purchasing something then I don't know what to tell you other than the fact that you aren't a very intelligent shopper.

Sales tax is $5 more, and I shop more on Amazon. Amazon is clearly the winner there.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']It really isn't the base price that is important. Its what you have to pay to walk out of the store and/or have it delivered to your house. If you don't consider the cost of tax when purchasing something then I don't know what to tell you other than the fact that you aren't a very intelligent shopper.[/QUOTE]

In a case like this, Tax would be like a convenience charge.
Sure, I can go to Target, waste a little gas, and pay 5 bucks more out of pocket, get the game 3 days earlier than I intend.

Or...save the 5 bucks, and start FF13 on Spring Break's first day.

considering I've already spent that $5, I'm gonna go with Amazon XD

But for some this may be a better or equal deal to Amazon's.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK'] If you don't consider the cost of tax when purchasing something then I don't know what to tell you other than the fact that you aren't a very intelligent shopper.[/QUOTE]

:bomb: No, I just don't consider the WAITING is worth it!

BESIDES, you are missing the fact that ONLY Amazon Prime member get it on the same day anyway, the REST people probably wait 2 extra days!

If you want to save $3 but wait longer, go ahead .... Putting this in terms of intelligence is IGNORANT, INSULTING, AND RUDE!

[quote name='SuperJedi']:bomb: No, I just don't consider the WAITING is worth it!

BESIDES, you are missing the fact that ONLY Amazon Prime member get it on the same day anyway, the REST people probably wait 2 extra days!

If you want to save $3 but wait longer, go ahead .... Putting this in terms of intelligence is IGNORANT, INSULTING, AND RUDE![/QUOTE]

I hope English isn't your first language.

[quote name='SuperJedi']:bomb: No, I just don't consider the WAITING is worth it!

If you want to save $3 but wait longer, go ahead .... Putting this in terms of intelligence is IGNORANT, INSULTING, AND RUDE![/QUOTE]

You are missing my point, but based on your argument you probably couldn't comprehend it anyways even if I spelled it out for you. :wall:

I am NOT missing the point, at all.

You like to think $3 is a huge deal to you and you think you are SMART saving that $3, but you have to wait longer to get it.

Really is all about preference, $3 or Wait and again in this case, you can Pre-order = $5 which pretty much negate that Tax issue, really.

[quote name='SuperJedi']I am NOT missing the point, at all.

You like to think $3 is a huge deal to you and you think you are SMART saving that $3, but you have to wait longer to get it.

Really is all about preference, $3 or Wait and again in this case, you can Pre-order = $5 which pretty much negate that Tax issue, really.[/QUOTE]

Moron, it's a $5 difference. 8.75% of $59.99 is $5.24.

Amazon Prime was free for a 3 month period, and a lot of us snatched it immediately. So for many of us, we're getting free release date delivery. Just stop talking, dude.

[quote name='SuperJedi']I am NOT missing the point, at all.

Really is all about preference, $3 or Wait and again in this case, you can Pre-order = $5 which pretty much negate that Tax issue, really.[/QUOTE] Once again you prove that you don't get it.

:wall:#-o:shock:

It's simply two different choices - neither one is right or wrong.

If a person wants to pay extra and have it at 8 A.M. on release day, great. If a person wants to save some cash and wait another few days, good for them!

I personally would rather save the $$ and wait a few days. After all, I am a Cheap Ass

[quote name='no_exit']It's simply two different choices - neither one is right or wrong.

If a person wants to pay extra and have it at 8 A.M. on release day, great. If a person wants to save some cash and wait another few days, good for them!

I personally would rather save the $$ and wait a few days. After all, I am a Cheap Ass[/QUOTE]

If you are a Cheap Ass like THAT, wait until Black Friday! It's probably gonna be $30

And, I AM NOT paying extra, my Tax is low and I will do the pre-order and I also have Target Redcard = 10% actually save A LOT more money than Amazon for me!!!

I don't think we need a discussion that goes on more than a page about the nuances of sales tax in comparison to this deal, especially when it gets less than civil.

We can all figure out the nuances of this deal in comparison to local sales tax, so there's no need to drag that point out.

Ok... I AM a Cheap Ass, but at the same I am also a Collector as well. I am hugely disappointed by Square Enix not offering a CE on this, and Target/Amazon both deals doesn't really appeal that much, but $49.99 (If you look at it that way) is not that bad for a NEW game though.

Although I pray the other stores (Best Buy/Wal-mart/Toys R us/etc) beat both with something to Collect and value worth $10-ish!

Either way, until we know more about other stores, they are playing Catch up to Target on this deal (AKA This is the best B&M deal so far).

[quote name='shrike4242']I don't think we need a discussion that goes on more than a page about the nuances of sales tax in comparison to this deal, especially when it gets less than civil.

We can all figure out the nuances of this deal in comparison to local sales tax, so there's no need to drag that point out.[/QUOTE]

Thank you.

RahXephon, Neither have I.

I am frequent consumer of Target Stores and I have seen it. My boyfriend has on more than one occassion wanted to pre-order it, but I told him to wait because Wal-Mart will have it at midnight.

bread's done
Back