Free $10 PSN card @ Langers Juice w/4 proofs of purchase

[quote name='Pyramid Head']That's awful generous. Did you have to provide like, scans of the UPCs and receipts or anything, or did they just send you a check in place of what the promo item was going to be just willy-nilly?[/QUOTE]
Here, let me clarify a bit...
A couple of months ago, they ran a promotion for movie ticket vouchers. It was a crappy movie, but I had a ton of UPC's, so I sent off for 12 tickets (plus $1.99 S&H for each one) so I could take everyone out to the movies. The vouchers arrived just fine, but they didn't work because there are no participating theaters in my town. They could've just said "Tough luck" like some other people have in the past or told me to pick something else, but they actually went out of their way to help me out. One of the owners of Langer spoke with the movie ticket people and came up with a deal and said they would send me a check once I e-mailed the codes to them (so they could be canceled out). I thought they would probably just refund my postage or, at best, maybe refund the juice. Not only did they do that, they also sent me the value of the movie tickets. I can't remember the exact value, but the check was for something like $168.

Now, obviously, my situation isn't the same as someone sending in UPC's and not getting a PSN card, but my point is that they were extremely friendly and did what they could to make sure I was satisfied. And I didn't even ask for them to go that far; I told them that I'd be happy with just getting some t-shirts and DVD's and maybe a coupon or something. I've already been a loyal customer of theirs, but that really cemented things for me.

I don't think people should expect checks or anything like that of course, but I think that anybody who sends in and misses the cut-off will be offered some sort of compensation in the form of a different prize. Or at the very least, I'm sure they'd be happy to send the UPC's back so people can use them at a later time. They're also likely to give out free juice coupons. I don't know how big the company actually is, but the guys running it are totally cool and they want their customers to be happy. I had a similar positive customer service experience with Shirt Punch, but that's a completely different discussion.

[quote name='eldergamer']Well, crap. I have three of the 64oz size and was gong to pick up my fourth tomorrow for my first mail one.

Which, I guess will be my -only- mail in attempt. Could never find the smaller size anywhere. What retailer carried those?[/QUOTE]
If you have your receipts, you might want to send off for two cards...

[quote name='freakyzeeky']If I get all my cards, I should have around 86 cards or so. X_X[/QUOTE]
I hope you know there is a $150 limit in a PSN wallet at any one time. Unless you are buying tons of games in the PSN store and keep your balance below the limit, you won't be able to redeem all of them...and I have no idea if the cards will ever expire (doesn't say so on the card but who knows).

[quote name='eau']I hope you know there is a $150 limit in a PSN wallet at any one time. Unless you are buying tons of games in the PSN store and keep your balance below the limit, you won't be able to redeem all of them...and I have no idea if the cards will ever expire (doesn't say so on the card but who knows).[/QUOTE]

You guys dont actually think he plans on buying $860 worth of PSN stuff do you? I would imagine a ton of that credit is going to get traded.

[quote name='MrshllJcb']You guys dont actually think he plans on buying $860 worth of PSN stuff do you? I would imagine a ton of that credit is going to get traded.[/QUOTE]

I doubt he will be spending all of that credit by himself, I didn't get as many cards as him and I have bought half the of the games that have gone on sale on PSN over the last couple of weeks, a year of PS+ and I still had lots of cards left over so I traded them for some games and handhelds with some CAGs.

86 cards.
Around here the juice is about $2.25 for the 64 oz size.
4 Pop for one card.
86 * 4 = 344 proofs of purchase. (Or 344 bottles of juice)

344 bottles of juice at $2.25 each = $ 744

So, you've spent $744 on juice to get $860 dollars worth of playstation credit.
(not even counting stamps and envelopes and time)
Well worth your time?

Like I said I'd be happy with one or two cards.

These juices have been available at 99 cent stores, and if you double up receipts and upcs thats only 172 bottles max, and at 99 cents a bottle thats maybe about 187 with CA tax. So thats about $673 in extra psn credit for only 187 spent. Plus if you already had the upcs thats even less spent.

Sending in my last batch today, hope it goes through!

[quote name='eldergamer']86 cards.
4 Pop for one card.

Well worth your time?

Like I said I'd be happy with one or two cards.[/QUOTE]

The person could have bought the 99c ones and could have used the receipts too so it might have been a lot cheaper than $744 spent on juice

[quote name='eldergamer']86 cards.
4 Pop for one card.

Well worth your time?

Like I said I'd be happy with one or two cards.[/QUOTE]

4 UPCs in 1st envelope, and 1 receipt in 2nd envelope. If he has access to the smallest size juice around $1 each, thats $4 in juice + tax + deposit, plus 2 stamps/envelopes. So lets just guess it costs ~$5 per TWO envelopes, then he sells each $10 card for face value or slight discount, I would agree it is waste of time, completely. So he sent in for 86, divided by 2 = 43 purchases. $5 x 43 = $215

[quote name='navalg1337']The person could have bought the 99c ones and could have used the receipts too so it might have been a lot cheaper than $744 spent on juice[/QUOTE]

This. So 86/2 = 43 sets of UPC's + 43 receipts. 43 x 4 UPCs = 172 bottles, so $172 for the $0.99 bottles.

$172 -> $860 PSN credit is a MUCH different outcome.

yeah i was gonna post that also. but you guys already did.
this guy knew what he was doing, he didn't fall off the wagon and get hooked on juice and psn cards without profit.

step 1 - juice
step 2 - psn cards
step 3 - profit

i just wish i bought more cuz i like juice and psn cards. oh well. it only lasted 2 1/2 months, but those first 5 weeks nothing was happening...

[quote name='freakyzeeky']If I get all my cards, I should have around 86 cards or so. X_X[/QUOTE]

your blood sugar called, you have diabetes.

I'm using .59 bottles, so basically < $1.75 for a $10 card with postage & tax included. ;)

I only sent in for 10 cards total. $100 is plenty of credit for me.

[quote name='slowdive21']I'm using .59 bottles, so basically < $1.75 for a $10 card with postage & tax included. ;)

I only sent in for 10 cards total. $100 is plenty of credit for me.[/QUOTE]

wtf theres 59 cent drinks? is it in those 4 year old juice boxes lol never seen it that cheap

[quote name='bringerofdeath']wtf theres 59 cent drinks? is it in those 4 year old juice boxes lol never seen it that cheap[/QUOTE]

They are 10 oz shelf stable bottles. :cool:

Is this deal dead? Or are they still accepting them? It was my fault for ignoring this thread. I saw it when it was first made and saw that the bottles were $2. Didn't know that there were ones that were much cheaper.

[quote name='americanbaka']where do u find those[/QUOTE]

I emailed the company to find out what stores carry their products in my area. In Illinois they are at "Woodmans"

[quote name='Lord Izanagi']Is this deal dead? Or are they still accepting them? It was my fault for ignoring this thread. I saw it when it was first made and saw that the bottles were $2. Didn't know that there were ones that were much cheaper.[/QUOTE]

It is pretty much dead, but you could try it if you have a copy of the form.

The sky is falling!

But seriously, I'll be saving my Langers UPCs from now on. One day they may have some other nice promo, and I'll have 50 UPCs ready to go. I only sent in for 3, waiting for 3rd still. Guess 12 bottles of juice lasted too long the promo ends :(

Okay, I see. I always read the OP and this time I didn't and well...

So we just print it off? And what's that deal with the no photocopies? Photocopies different from printing multiple copies?

[quote name='Lord Izanagi']Okay, I see. I always read the OP and this time I didn't and well...

So we just print it off? And what's that deal with the no photocopies? Photocopies different from printing multiple copies?[/QUOTE]

I honestly think that pertains to no photocopies of the upc/receipts, although worded a bit odd. I've never had an issue with the forms since the only way to obtain them is to print them. I've even printed one and made multiple photocopies of it before with no hassle.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Guess 12 bottles of juice lasted too long the promo ends :([/QUOTE]
You didn't think to just remove the UPC's without opening the bottles?

[quote name='ZombieToast']You didn't think to just remove the UPC's without opening the bottles?[/QUOTE]

But I keep poking holes in them. ;)

[quote name='Apathetic-Irony']So I cut out the 4 UPC codes, print out/fill out the form, and put it all in an envelope + receipt and they'll mail me a $10 PSN card?[/QUOTE]

no. fill out 2 forms/2 envelopes, put the receipt in 1 and the upcs in the other. you will get 2 $10 psn cards (if they have any left)

[quote name='slowdive21']But I keep poking holes in them. ;)[/QUOTE]

What I do is peel the label off and cut out the UPCs, then reapply the label. ;)

Damn, it's over? Ralphs just put the 64 oz ones on sale for 1.68 and I was thinking of getting some more... Maybe I will anyway just to save up. If I save the receipts too, will they take old receipts (for next promo, whatever it might be)?

I think I got 12 cards in total with 99 cent bottles, though my desk seems to have eaten one of them.

(Also, to cut the upcs without removing the label, scissors or a hobby knife work just fine, though scissors are tricky if you have kitchen size scissors...)

[quote name='slowdive21']no. fill out 2 forms/2 envelopes, put the receipt in 1 and the upcs in the other. you will get 2 $10 psn cards (if they have any left)[/QUOTE]
Worth a shot. I love drinking juice so I just bought four of these instead 3-4 of whatever was cheapest (which happened to be only 50 cents less anyways). Thanks for the reply and clarification.

I just use regular scissors; they slip right under the label. When I use kitchen scissors, I just scratch at the label a couple of times to cut it and then peel the UPC off. There should be no reason to worry about puncturing the bottle.

[quote name='slowdive21']no. fill out 2 forms/2 envelopes, put the receipt in 1 and the upcs in the other. you will get 2 $10 psn cards (if they have any left)[/QUOTE]
I don't understand why so many people have trouble with this. It clearly says "OR" in nice big letters on the form. There's not much room for ambiguity. I guess I sound like an ass, but the level of reading comprehension is a bit worrisome.

[quote name='AkariK']If I save the receipts too, will they take old receipts (for next promo, whatever it might be)?[/QUOTE]
Yup. Some of the receipts I sent in were over a year old (found them stuffed in a portfolio) and they worked just fine. As long as they're still legible, they don't seem to care.

[quote name='AzGoat']Well got my cards today that I sent off for Monday. So good chance everyone will get their cards!![/QUOTE]
Hmm.. still haven't gotten the ones I mailed out last week before they took the promo page down. Hopefully they show up soon.

[quote name='ZombieToast']

I don't understand why so many people have trouble with this. It clearly says "OR" in nice big letters on the form. There's not much room for ambiguity. I guess I sound like an ass, but the level of reading comprehension is a bit worrisome.[/QUOTE]

He's talking about double-dipping. If you put the receipts in one envelope and the UPCs in another, you can get 2 PSN cards by purchasing one set of juice.

So guys, just one receipt with four bottles of juice bought will be enough, or do they want separate receipts.

Tomorrow will be a week since I mailed off a batch, and I live ~15 miles from their 'mail to' address. I think it was like someone said, they get a stack of entries and process them based on the stack. First in first out OR last in first out, now that is the question.

[quote name='Lord Izanagi']He's talking about double-dipping. If you put the receipts in one envelope and the UPCs in another, you can get 2 PSN cards by purchasing one set of juice.

So guys, just one receipt with four bottles of juice bought will be enough, or do they want separate receipts.[/QUOTE]
I know, that's how I managed to get so many cards without spending so much money. But despite what it says on the form, a lot of people still think that you have to send the UPC's and receipt together, which is what I was nonplussed about.

And although it doesn't matter much at this point, it is okay to send in a single receipt with four bottles. That's how a lot of mine were. I would go to the 99 Cents Only Store and have the cashier ring the bottles up in separate transactions of four.

[quote name='Talgrund']Hmm.. still haven't gotten the ones I mailed out last week before they took the promo page down. Hopefully they show up soon.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I sent some around the 28th and haven't gotten them, and the week before that I got a response within 6 days. I'm still counting on them arriving, but I get the feeling it's just a couple people going through and sending this out. Each time I've gotten some it looks like the same person's handwriting on the envelope.

[quote name='AzGoat']Well got my cards today that I sent off for Monday. So good chance everyone will get their cards!![/QUOTE]

Gives me hope, sent mine of week or so ago so might have just made it as they should have arrived there by Monday at the latest.

just got my 2/2 that i sent in last saturday. wish I would have sent in more, but the cheapest I could find it was 2.50 per bottle. now the question is walking dead season pass or wait for PLAY games for Papo and yo and another.

that would kinda of suck having to hand write our address for this promo so props for the employee doing this lol. I already have handcramps after doing 4 envelops, I can't imagine writing 86 of them.

[quote name='tham1988']and I'm guessing they do process a pile last in first out. that would explain the differences in delivery time really well.[/QUOTE]
Definitely. Sent mine in Friday of last week and still nothing. Next time, I make sure to send on a Monday...

[quote name='ZombieToast']You didn't think to just remove the UPC's without opening the bottles?[/QUOTE]

Of course I did, and did do that for my last envelope sent. But I don't want 12 more bottles sitting next to my fridge or in the basement, hording has its limits.

I guess not everyone has a nice big pantry. It really helps with deals like this. Of course, a big bottle only lasts a couple of days here anyway...

bread's done
Back