Free $10 PSN card @ Langers Juice w/4 proofs of purchase

[quote name='Chocoburger']Now repeating that over 40 over 60 over 80 times is truly insane, but no one cheated or broke the rules (to my knowledge), so no one can complain.[/QUOTE]
That's my point. We certainly took advantage of the situation, but we followed the rules and the majority of us were up front about what we were doing. I used my real info on every single form I sent in and they sent me multiples together in one envelope, so it was no secret that I was getting so many. If they had an issue, they would've put an end to it early in the promotion.

[quote name='Chocoburger'] How much profit is Langer's actually making off those people finding the best way to take advantage of this promotion? Don't they have to pay Sony for the $10 card (less than $10 I'll assume, maybe $3-$5 per card)? I don't know how it works, but if someone does know, tell us.[/QUOTE]
I don't know how it works in this exact situation, but any time I have run an online promotion to give away free games or products on the site I used to work for, everything was provided for free. Granted, it was on a much smaller scale, but it was still hundreds of dollars each time. Considering how quick Sony is to give stuff away (e.g. House Party), I'd say that Langers probably paid next to nothing for this. Or they may have shared a percentage of the profits. Whatever the case may be, it is highly unlikely that Langers would have run the promotion if they thought they might lose money on it (they are well aware that many of their products are only $1).

[quote name='eldergamer']It's slightly manipulative because you're abusing a loophole. If you sent UPCs AND receipts in, you're manipulating the system by making your purchase count double.[/QUOTE]
But is it really manipulation (in the "evil" sense) if you're following the rules? They've been doing promotions like this for a few years and they still use the same wording on their forms. After all this time, there's no way they don't know about people doubling up. If it's something unwanted, all they have to do is require both UPC and receipt.

[quote name='eldergamer']And if you've accumulated over 30 cards, that you're likely to still be using a year from now, instead of just stopping after you got the 5 or 10 that you needed, that's slightly greedy.[/QUOTE]
Who needs 5 or 10? Who needs any at all? I think it's pretty safe to say that nobody needs any number of PSN cards. If you take that into consideration, you could technically say that anybody who gets even one card is being greedy. We could redefine the word "need" and/or "greedy" to fit this situation, but even then it's still speculative. For what it's worth, I have already used all of my PSN money except for what I have set aside for Papo & Yo, so at least I had a use for them.

But now we're just getting into semantics here and I'm really only arguing for the sake of doing so.

[quote name='k1ngster']stfu, eldergamer. I sense some1 is envy with how many card other have recieved. I say good for him! No one stoping you doing the same.[/QUOTE]
No need for hostility. It's just a friendly little debate and everyone's entitled to their opinions.

I just figure it kind of makes up a little for the fact that I would habe tried to get a few of these if I actually found this brand in my area.
I might have actually broke my rule of only buying juice that is 100% juice.

[quote name='k1ngster']
Anyways for those who's still waiting for their psn.. They are apparently still sending out whatever they have. I was told that any UPC not yet fullfilled will be sent back. So I'm content. This promo+juice has made me a fan of langers. :D[/QUOTE]

So, we will be notified one way or the other. Either by PSN cards or a message saying "sorry, missed out, here's your UPCs."

The finality and peace of mind would be nice.

[quote name='WonkyToad']I might have actually broke my rule of only buying juice that is 100% juice.[/QUOTE]
They actually have plenty of 100% juice options...but I guess it all depends on what's sold in each area.

[quote name='ZombieToast']They actually have plenty of 100% juice options...but I guess it all depends on what's sold in each area.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it seems like all their 32oz bottles were some sort of juice cocktail, which is what I've been buying. None of those juices I bought were 100% juice; they probably sell 'em in bigger bottles.

They have plenty of 32oz bottles that are 100% juice. All varieties of Langers Kids and L&A are 100%...but those aren't the kind found at the 99 Cents Only Store. The stuff you're talking about is mostly stuff that has sugar and artificial flavoring added, but there are still a few options like All Pomegranate that are 100% options. But you're right, most of those particular drinks are only 15%-30%.

I like that the Langers juice I was buying stated "no HFCS" and was made with sugar. Well, sugar is still not something I want added to my juice, but much better than HFCS.

[quote name='MrshllJcb']HFC's? Like in refrigerants? That probably shouldnt be in any kind of juice[/QUOTE]

High Fructose Corn Syrup

From what I noticed, 100% juice only applied to apple, cranberry, and one other - pineapple something or other that wasn't ever on sale anyway. This was both 32oz and 64oz. Everything else (variations with cranberry/pomegranate) was 5-20% juice, but either way, both sizes was always no high fructose corn syrup.

However, even some of the 5-20% juices had 100% vitamin C too, so I figure it doesn't matter too much.

[quote name='Y2Bogus']High Fructose Corn Syrup[/QUOTE]

That makes a million more times sense than hydro-fluorocarbons, although High Fructose Corn Syrup probably has similar fatal effects, just long term rather than short term

HFCS is perfectly safe for you if consumed in moderation. It's just cheaper and easier to use than regular ol' sugar, so companies pump our food full of it because it makes us crave their products more. Normal sugar is just as unhealthy; we just don't normally consume quite so much of it.

[quote name='ZombieToast']HFCS is perfectly safe for you if consumed in moderation. It's just cheaper and easier to use than regular ol' sugar, so companies pump our food full of it because it makes us crave their products more. Normal sugar is just as unhealthy; we just don't normally consume quite so much of it.[/QUOTE]

Almost everything is safe in moderation. I personally have trouble swallowing foods with HFCS in it. I can't prove it scientifically, but it is a pattern I have noticed.

[quote name='slowdive21']Almost everything is safe in moderation. I personally have trouble swallowing foods with HFCS in it. I can't prove it scientifically, but it is a pattern I have noticed.[/QUOTE]
Well, yeah, but my point is that it's essentially equal to regular sugar and most people don't consume it in moderation. Your aversion to HFCS could be a coincidence and you are actually having issues with something else in these foods or it could be psychosomatic. It is possible to be allergic to it, but it's rather uncommon and, unless I'm mistaken, you would likely be allergic to corn as well.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Well, yeah, but my point is that it's essentially equal to regular sugar and most people don't consume it in moderation. Your aversion to HFCS could be a coincidence and you are actually having issues with something else in these foods or it could be psychosomatic. It is possible to be allergic to it, but it's rather uncommon and, unless I'm mistaken, you would likely be allergic to corn as well.[/QUOTE]

At first I thought it could be psychosomatic, but then I realized it was in the foods I ate and didn't even realize it was in there (like bread for example). It is the only common theme in all the foods. I was in the hostpital for the issue, but I don't want to post everything here. I can say, I would try to avoid HFCS if you have a choice (like pepsi throwback or Langer Juice). Everyone can make their own decisions, but I wouldn't be surprised if a study comes out in the next 15-20 years saying HFCS is having adverse effects on people's health. I would also stay away from high tension power lines as a precaution. ;)

It's definitely possible (likely, in fact) that there is something about HFCS we don't know yet; food studies are constantly coming up with new results about everything. At the very least, it could have certain reactions with certain people for certain reasons, most certainly. Based on what we currently know, I view it as a moderately safe product. But even so, cutting any sugars out of your diet is a good idea as long you get enough calories each day.

Well, it looks like July 13th (Friday the 13th might I add! :hot:) was the last CAG-confirmed date someone received an envelope from Langers.

I'm going to call this officially over and if you haven't received yours by now, then you got hosed (including myself). fuck

I just got an email from Bruce from Langers this morning. I emailed him last night, told him that I was still waiting on envelopes I sent out nearly four weeks ago, and asked if they were still working on fulfilling those PSN cards.

He said "we are waiting for our last shipment to arrive....we should be good! Thx."

There's still hope!

you got bruce to reply ;) Thanks for the update, freaky!

@Chocoburger: I and many others have confirmation that the company will give us coupons or UPCs. We are not getting hosed!

[quote name='freakyzeeky']I just got an email from Bruce from Langers this morning. I emailed him last night, told him that I was still waiting on envelopes I sent out nearly four weeks ago, and asked if they were still working on fulfilling those PSN cards.

He said "we are waiting for our last shipment to arrive....we should be good! Thx."

There's still hope![/QUOTE]

If you're messing with me...please don't toy with my emotions!

I hope you're right though.

Unlike many on here I have only sent in one form W/UPCs but I will try again today and see if I can get another card, got Journey with the last one & loved it!

Posting to say that my friend who sent his codes at the same time I did (7/18) claims that he "received" his cards. I personally think he's pulling my strings, but there may be hope still.

I sent mine on 7/12 and still haven't heard back. Keeping my fingers crossed still. Here's hoping that your friend isn't pulling your strings, Dmonrei.

[quote name='CatEyes']Still waiting for my last two that I sent in 6/28. At this point I'm really not expecting them anymore.[/QUOTE]

Mine went out 7/3 so anything at this point would be a great unexpected bonus. freakyzeeky is the only reason I have even a sliver of hope.

I wouldn't expect much at this point, but hopefully people will still get their cards. I've already moved on to movie tickets. Hopefully they'll be usable in my area so I can take everyone out.

I was wondering if anyone had any UPCs or receipts that I could trade for or buy. Was hoping to get some for the Paranorman tickets but there is no Langers anywhere near me that I can find.

[quote name='kojiro']I sent mine on 7/12 and still haven't heard back. Keeping my fingers crossed still. Here's hoping that your friend isn't pulling your strings, Dmonrei.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much confirmed that he's pulling my strings. I offered to buy the card from him for $8 (which would've been a profit given that he bought those $1 juices) and sell one back for $5 when I get my batch of cards. He instantly said no without hesitating, so it's likely he bought the card at retail price.

Mailed mine probably the second or third week of July. nothing yet.
Bought 4 $2.25 juices. Sent in the UPCs. Played by the rules. Got nothing.

[quote name='eldergamer']Mailed mine probably the second or third week of July. nothing yet.
Bought 4 $2.25 juices. Sent in the UPCs. Played by the rules. Got nothing.[/QUOTE]

Well, in fariness, even those people who sent in dozens of these and got cards played by the rules. It's likely that the fact that so many fellow CAGs did multiples screwed you out of getting your one, but I suppose next time you should submit earlier.

[quote name='ZombieToast']I wouldn't expect much at this point, but hopefully people will still get their cards. I've already moved on to movie tickets. Hopefully they'll be usable in my area so I can take everyone out.[/QUOTE]

If we send you UPCs, will you give us a PSN card? Since you hoarded most of them...

[quote name='mabuhay13']If we send you UPCs, will you give us a PSN card? Since you hoarded most of them...[/QUOTE]

You're attacking the wrong guy. ZombieToast is the reason we SAW this deal. You should be thanking him for posting it.

[quote name='gossamer']Anyone get the Paranorman tickets yet? I sent mine in a while ago and have yet to get an email from them.[/QUOTE]
I think we probably won't start getting codes until just before the movie releases.

[quote name='slowdive21']You're attacking the wrong guy. ZombieToast is the reason we SAW this deal. You should be thanking him for posting it.[/QUOTE]
Well, you technically saw it because of the OP, who posted the deal before I had a chance to. I just helped out a little with instructing people on how to take advantage of the deal. I don't really deserve much credit, although the sentiment is appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mabuhay13']So you hoard and have online boyfriends. That's cute.[/QUOTE]
MichaelJacksonEatingPopcorn.gif

"We are still waiting for our final shipment. We are told to expect it any time now. I'm hoping it comes soon!" -Bruce

I sent an email for an update on the situation an hour ago. This is the response I've received just now.

[quote name='freakyzeeky']"We are still waiting for our final shipment. We are told to expect it any time now. I'm hoping it comes soon!" -Bruce

I sent an email for an update on the situation an hour ago. This is the response I've received just now.[/QUOTE]

Bruce sings his siren song and keeps the embers of hope alive. Come on soon, come sooner!

bread's done
Back