free 160 MP from xbl mail

kuyaulo

CAG Veteran
hey guys don't know if any of you got a free 160 microsoft points from xbl mail subscription saying "Enjoy 160 points on us and explore with Lara Croft" so be on the lookout in your mailboxes people!

Mine came as: Enjoy 160 points on us and ride to victory.‏

11443_Trials_IMG-01.jpg

im guessing they randomly give points to people who are subscribed and MAYBE have been inactive in the past month since i haven't touched live in a month or more and this is the first time i've ever gotten free points as well or they got some kinda sick way of choosing who gets these email.

My friend just got one of these. Might be a coincidence but his XBL expired a few days ago and he was on his one month free trial for getting a new 360 S. Nothing in my mail though.

[quote name='genfuyung']I never get any of these and have had XBL for like 5 years. Is there something you have to sign up for to get this stuff?[/QUOTE]

Same, I've had Xbox Live since mid-2005 and haven't gotten crap.

I got 160 for Trials HD yesterday. I dunno why though since I have been playing the heck outta Halo Reach, have over 6000 poitns in my MS account and I am good on live until 2013. Thanks again CAG. :)

there has to be some reasoning behind this, like what Louie is saying. D/L demo but didn't buy, has purchased X game, etc...

I did not receive the email.

I got them

All I know is I have points in my account already and I did not sign up for 3rdparty e-mails just first party ones on my account.

I never buy anything from the xbl marketplace but last month I got the Halo warthog when it was on sale that was only thing I bought this year.

i usually never get these either, but this time i did (with the trials hd promo).

"To the people who got points, did you download the trial but never buy the full game?"

at some point in the past i did download the trails hd demo, but never bought it, maybe that could have triggered it?

I did not receive this email.

I did download the Trials HD trial in the past, but never bought the full game.

It's true that Microsoft hates loyal customers.

[quote name='tarbsdad']Mine came as: Enjoy 160 points on us and ride to victory.‏

11443_Trials_IMG-01.jpg
[/QUOTE]

'
whats funny is I got identically the same email, but mine was just telling me to download the demo of trials and didn't give me any points

Hmmm.
Checking an old email accout, I found 160 Microsoft Points from July. It seemed to be Rock Band 2 related; but with that account I don't remember buying anything for Rock Band 2 since that account was locked during a period of 3 months i was with no Xbox 360 and live expired; so I had to create a new account. Still, free points are nice. :applause:

[quote name='xsouthparkx']A Horrific Gift from Xbox LIVE
That was the title for it.
[/QUOTE]

I think i had that email trashed :( LOL

Yaeh, be carful on the email subject lines. Mine said something along the lnes of shadow complex being the best game/160 points. I deleted it, saw this thread and Retrived it.
Thanx OP!

Got one too, just checked...didn't download the trial or anything, just excited to get some free points...now if they'd give me some free XBL time we'd be in business haha

bread's done
Back