Free 1600 XBox Marketplace Points

You think its too late to try this or not? I'm going to try and buy like a 20 dollar credit card to get this, then use it for gas or something afterwards.

[quote name='Secret Turtle']You think its too late to try this or not? I'm going to try and buy like a 20 dollar credit card to get this, then use it for gas or something afterwards.[/quote]

no it is not too late. i just signed up for this like two weeks ago, and it went through fine.

How long did it take from when you got the email did it take the card to come? They said Monday they mailed out the card and I'm still waiting for my points for some Paperboy!

About nine days between the confirmation and the actual card in the mail.

[quote name='Secret Turtle']How long did it take from when you got the email did it take the card to come? They said Monday they mailed out the card and I'm still waiting for my points for some Paperboy![/quote]

Can anyone confirm this is still going on? signed up earlier this week around monday. I cancelled on friday, but haven't recieved any confirmation of any cards being sent out. I wrote and askeda bout the blockbuster offer too and didn't get a reply. Site isstill up though.

got my "we will ship within blah blah" email on the 12th, nothing in the mail yet. e-mailed them and got no reply. blah.

It works, however when I canceled my true.com membership they said there was nothing more I needed to do. Fine points were shipped out within a month... all was good, then my account was charged 49.95 or whatever by true.com. I called them up and was like WTF? "well sir, you didn't cancel your account properly"
So after arguing for 5 or so minutes they re-credited my account. So just make sure when you cancel that you get the reps name and check your account a month after just to be safe.

[quote name='Secret Turtle']I used a debit card with 2.40 cents on it to verify. Safest way to do it.[/quote]

I did that as well, prepaid cards FTW.

Worked Great for me. Signed up through their link on 2/23 and got this email:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]CerealKiller85,

You have successfully taken a 7 day free trial to TRUE.com®. Please keep this confirmation number for your records: "8 digit number". Your free trial begins on 2/23/2007. You must call to cancel or billing will begin on 3/3/2007.
[/FONT]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the fine print at the bottom of the email it says "You may cancel this offer by contacting us at 1.866.583.8783"

Than I got this email on 2/25 :

Hello Bryan,

Thanks for participating in the Xbox360Achiever.com Xbox 360 Live 1600
Marketplace Points Card promotion. We have recieved confirmation that you
have signed up for true.com and your product will be shipped out in 10
to 14 business days. This is the longest it could take, we'll do our best
to expedite it and ship it out within a week.

The address we will ship to is:
Bryan Lastname
My Address
Pasadena, MD 21122

If you need to make any corrections to this address or have any questions,
please reply to this email.

Cheers,
~The Xbox360Achiever.com Support Team

I then Promptly called the number above to cancel and the guy offered me another month I said "NO. I would like it canceled now. I don't want any kind of subscription"

On 2/27 I got this one:

Hello Bryan,

Your Xbox 360 Marketplace Points Card has been shipped Today, you can
expect to recieve it in the mail in just a few days.

If you have any questions, feel free to reply to this email.

Cheers,
~The Xbox360Achiever.com Support Team

Then on 3/2 this showed up in an envelope.

IMAGE_00047.jpg

Does anybody know if the Achiever website is going to do anything else besides True.com? Worms, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Double Dragon all mean I will be needing more Marketplace points!!

Awesome stuff, nice to see this deal is still on as I finally got a 360 last week. I just got my email confirmation, then called and cancelled today in a total of 5 minutes. The nice lady didn't even try to push the free 30 days when using the very popular "getting back together with an ex and want to avoid receiving sketchy emails" excuse.

Thanks a ton OP and now I can finally get Alien Hominid and Assault Heroes going for free.

I have emailed this site back several times and they DO NOT reply back now...I signed up for true..then canceled after a week... Is is my question and theit first reply.

QUESTION
Hello,
I signed up for the promo on Feb. 13th. 1 week ago & have still not recieved any info from you yet. I am getting ready to cancel the account with True.com today and would like to know what to do after.

Could you let us know if you are using any ad-blocking or 3rd party privacy
software with your computer so we can look into the issue. These types of
software can block the cookies from being placed that are necessary for us
to be able to track your signup back to you.

Soo..I wrote back that I do not and I would give them my information again if they needed, even forwarded them every email from True.com ...they have not replyed in over a week now!!

SCAM

I got mine sometime last week too as a letter just like the above poster. It took awhile. I think about 2 weeks total, I wrote them 3 times and never recieved a reply or the blockbuster offer.

[quote name='McAck']I have emailed this site back several times and they DO NOT reply back now...I signed up for true..then canceled after a week... Is is my question and theit first reply.

QUESTION
Hello,
I signed up for the promo on Feb. 13th. 1 week ago & have still not recieved any info from you yet. I am getting ready to cancel the account with True.com today and would like to know what to do after.

Could you let us know if you are using any ad-blocking or 3rd party privacy
software with your computer so we can look into the issue. These types of
software can block the cookies from being placed that are necessary for us
to be able to track your signup back to you.

Soo..I wrote back that I do not and I would give them my information again if they needed, even forwarded them every email from True.com ...they have not replyed in over a week now!!

SCAM
[/quote]
Sometimes they are very slow in responding, and then finally sending the card. Have patience, it's not a scam.

Got my xbox live points in the mail. Signed up and cancelled several days later. No issues cancelling thus far, and I used my spam email account (and boy is it getting spammed!). Great deal, thanks for the info guys.

-Dan

[quote name='jonnyrobinson05']I've got three so far. Tried once, got it, then did it two more times and got them yesterday. Good luck everyone![/QUOTE]

how? did you have it shipped to the same address? i signed up with 2 different CCs and only got one card... the 2nd didn't work.

I have a question about canceling the true.com trial, do you have to do it by phone because I just did it by going to my account and canceling, but is that final or do I have to do something else

You can do it online. Just goto account and lick on the cancel link a couple of times. I've done it this way 10+ times. Only actually got the offer to work 2 times.

[quote name='TypeSH']how? did you have it shipped to the same address? i signed up with 2 different CCs and only got one card... the 2nd didn't work.[/quote]

I just set up 3 yahoo email accounts, and made sure I changed my address a bit. For example, instead of Ave, I wrote Avenue; or West instead of W. On true, I did the same thing, but I did use the same card every time.

Good Luck!

I received my confirmation email after about three days so I just called and cancelled True about an hour ago. The lady I talked to was very nice.

I signed up for true.com about 3 weeks ago and cancelling the membership and everythign was fairly painless and easy so I wouldn't be concerned about that, but now trying to get my point from the website has been a complete pain. I never received any confirmation email from them and I get every email back saying their mailbox is full. I'm starting to think i will never get the card as even when my email has gone through they don't respond. I would be wary of this site.

I wonder if you live at a house if you can add a numerical # like if it was a condo unit. Like if the first time you did 555 Tom Rd, this time use 555 Tom Rd. Unit #1

[quote name='xtchuh']I wonder if you live at a house if you can add a numerical # like if it was a condo unit. Like if the first time you did 555 Tom Rd, this time use 555 Tom Rd. Unit #1[/QUOTE]

Like the other guy said, just use Road this time instead of Rd. I think I might just do this.

I signed up and it's been 4 days. I could recieve something today but i get touch about these things. Do i need to wait until i get the points email before i cancel?

Got confirmation yesterday that my points card is coming. Thanks to everyone who tracked who provided info on this.

Did anyone do it more than once? Do you have to provide different info to True.com? Different info for 360 achievements?

bread's done
Back