Free 1600 XBox Marketplace Points

[quote name='jonnyrobinson05']I just set up 3 yahoo email accounts, and made sure I changed my address a bit. For example, instead of Ave, I wrote Avenue; or West instead of W. On true, I did the same thing, but I did use the same card every time.

Good Luck![/QUOTE]

i tried it for a second time using this advice and never got any confirmation email...

Hmm, when do you usually get the email that the points are on their way?
Because I'm leaving for vacation on Thursday and I want to cancel before I leave.
How long before they start charging you?
I'll probably do this today or when I get back.
When does it end? Thanks guys.

Sorry if this has been asked before, but has anybody signed up for multiple accountsn (either for themself or somebody else), and not been asked for billing information? I signed myself up no problem, but when I signed my girlfriend up from my computer (with her permission, of course), it created an account for her but never asked for credit card info. So it appears as if she has a "free" account, and theres nothing under her "view my account info" for changing her billing options. Strange?

did anyone ever get a message saying the card was in getting mailed yet never recieve it?

Also did anyone get a card and try it again to find that it wasn't working the second time?

I did this back in December and it worked with no problems at all. I really want another 1600 pt card though. The funniest thing about it was when I called to cancel my sub. I had to tell him my user name, which was "poopoopeepee01." I had to repeat it three times before he got the name right.

I might just do this again...

Quick Update:

Instead of getting the card in the mail, they actually sent me a link to the redemption code. It worked and made things a little more convenient. If you want you can reply that you want it mailed but if you click on the link you forfeit that choice.

[quote name='shadylane']so i signed up on wenesday and haven't recieved an email....so i wait a little longer and when should i cancel by?[/QUOTE]

I think they said wait around 3-5 days. Just make sure you cancel your trial before the seventh day.

I got my code yesterday! Awesome deal, the cancellation was no hassle. They did offer me a free month but declined.

I signed up yesterday, and haven't received a single email from either site, not even a welcom to true.com. Not being impatient, but just wondering: Is that normal?

EDIT:
Nevermind. Gmail through the emails in my spam folder. Just found em. For those of you that say you haven't got your emails, check your spam/junk folder.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Do you have to use the same email on both sites in order for it to work?[/QUOTE]

I think I might have used 2 different ones, but I'd use the same one next time so there's no mix up.

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']You can cancel online, right?[/quote]

No, you have to call them up to cancel. They're going to try to extend your trial but just say no to everything.

[quote name='Ballafoesho']No, you have to call them up to cancel. They're going to try to extend your trial but just say no to everything.[/quote]

Oh, alright, thanks.
I signed up yesterday so I gotta wait a few days before I do so.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Grrr this is the 4th day of my tria; and still no email from them.[/QUOTE]

hey don't worry give it one more day....i signed up on wenesday and just got my email today!

[quote name='Ballafoesho']No, you have to call them up to cancel. They're going to try to extend your trial but just say no to everything.[/QUOTE]

is there a reason you have to call? because i just cancelled online.. i got a confirmation number and everything...

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Grrr this is the 4th day of my tria; and still no email from them.[/QUOTE]

I signed up Wednesday night, and got my confirmation in my email today. I'm gonna cancel online, since I can then save a printout confirming my cancelation. It's under "My Account" on the left navigation

[quote name='shadylane']whoa tell us how you did this[/QUOTE]

just like the monkay said it's under My Account.. and i can comfirm it did end the free trial because i can't log-in anymore.. but i used a generated number that expired 2 days after i gave it to them so they wouldn't have been able to charge me anyways...

also thanks to the og poster looks like i should be recieving the card in the mail within a couple of weeks...

with being able to cancel it online i might try this one or two more times down the road....

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']I emailed the promotion website yesterday asking if they can email me the points card code and they said sure, but have yet to receive the email with it.[/quote]

I did the same thing yesterday, and they haven't replied at all :whistle2:(

I'm on my seventh day of the trial my second time through and have not recieved an email from 360achiever saying my points card is in the mail. I slightly changed my address and used a different email but i have a feeling they are on to me.

Can anyone confirm that they DID do the deal more than once with essentially the same address and CC number?

I got this message:

"Hello Johnny,
Thanks for participating in the Xbox360Achiever.com Xbox 360 Live 1600 Marketplace Points Card promotion. We have recieved confirmation that you have signed up for true.com and your product will be shipped out in 10 to 14 business days. This is the longest it could take, we'll do our best to expedite it and ship it out within a week. The address we will ship to is: blahblah you need to make any corrections to this address or have any questions, please reply to this email. NOTE: We are now featuring online shipping of the Marketplace Point Card subscription codes. The above address is what we will use if you choose not to accept your card online. The next email you receive from us will give you the option along with the link to get your card online. Cheers,~The Xbox360Achiever.com Support Team"

Can I call and cancel yet?

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']I got this message:

"Hello Johnny,
Thanks for participating in the Xbox360Achiever.com Xbox 360 Live 1600 Marketplace Points Card promotion. We have recieved confirmation that you have signed up for true.com and your product will be shipped out in 10 to 14 business days. This is the longest it could take, we'll do our best to expedite it and ship it out within a week. The address we will ship to is: blahblah you need to make any corrections to this address or have any questions, please reply to this email. NOTE: We are now featuring online shipping of the Marketplace Point Card subscription codes. The above address is what we will use if you choose not to accept your card online. The next email you receive from us will give you the option along with the link to get your card online. Cheers,~The Xbox360Achiever.com Support Team"

Can I call and cancel yet?[/quote]

Yeah good luck with the XBox360Achiever site responding to you. Two days later and they still haven't responded to my email.

I called to cancel and it was extremely easy.
So easy in fact I went to True.com and tried logging in, and it worked.
Not sure if it was really cancelled...or maybe it just takes time?
If i'm still able to log in later today, I'm going to have to call and cancel again, but make sure they cancel.

Did this happen to anyone else?
Also, how do I do the Blockbuster free trial to get the 1600 points? Anyone have the link? Thanks.

Im getting another 1600 points from them. Just got the email saying they are going to ship it in a few days. It works to do it more than once...I used my dorm address this time.

I called right now, and I was talking to some lady. She was nice. :p
Anyways, she said that now everything was cancel permanently.
Maybe the other guy didn't really cancel it?
Oh well. At least now I know I won't be billed.
When ever you call to cancel, remember to specify that you do not want to be billed.

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']I called to cancel and it was extremely easy.
So easy in fact I went to True.com and tried logging in, and it worked.
Not sure if it was really cancelled...or maybe it just takes time?
If i'm still able to log in later today, I'm going to have to call and cancel again, but make sure they cancel.
.[/quote]

It is probably because there was some time left on your trial period. I think after that it closes it, at least that is what the lady told me when I called to cancel.

[quote name='omgu8myrice']can anyone confim that they have not been charged using the online cancelation?[/QUOTE]

I can confirm this. I canceled on last Sunday, and my trial ran out on Tuesday. Nothing billed as of today (Saturday), so it all looks good.

I've done this twice and i"m on my third I didn't need to change the address I'm pretty sure they'll ship it to you as long as they are getting paid. I suggest resetting your ip (if you have a dynamic ip just turn your modem off and back on.)probably when you doing it again.
And btw I have an empty visa gift card that will still work for doing the true offer on this site. It's worked multiple times and you don't have to cancel because the card is empty so the can't charge you. I'll let you use it if you also do the true offer on a site that I need refs for.
So pm me.

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']Wierd, I'm still getting True.com emails...
Well, I got 1 anyways.
[/quote]

I made sure that when I cancelled my account that I unchecked receiving messages which was located somewhere in my profile. I am unsure if it made a difference or not. Perhaps yours will stop soon.

bread's done
Back