Free 1600 XBox Marketplace Points

still no points from the Critic's Choice offer. I email the achiever people and got no reply. Should I be looking to cancel the offer now?

[quote name='Nelo Ice']just got my confirmation email today then it mentioned next email i get is if i wanna redeem my points through email :applause:[/QUOTE]
i got the same email, like 2 weeks ago. since then i havent heard from them and they did not reply my email

Yeah I've been keeping an eye out and even just searched my spam box right now, but nothing so far after the initial confirmation when registering.

okay I typed my information in (not a credit card) and it said
Congratulations! You have been registered for the Free Xbox 360 Live 1600 Points Card promotion.

does that mean i am done or do I need to do anything else. Also what do I need to cancel because I don't think I signed up for anything

[quote name='o ManBearP1g o']okay I typed my information in (not a credit card) and it said
Congratulations! You have been registered for the Free Xbox 360 Live 1600 Points Card promotion.

does that mean i am done or do I need to do anything else. Also what do I need to cancel because I don't think I signed up for anything[/QUOTE]

You have to fully sign up with the Critics Choice offer that's linked on the confirmation page. It requires a credit card, but you get your money back if you call to cancel before the trial ends.

Does anyone know the time frame in which they refund you the money? I canceled four days ago and have received nothing. I'll give it another week before I call them again.

alright so I just registered on critics choice. Is there anything else I have to do? How long should I wait to cancel it? How? How long does it take to get your card? Email or Mail? Thanks and sorry for all the questions

I've yet to receive my points, so who knows. I did the offer on 8/30 and canceled Critics Choice after 3 days. It says on the site that it takes them up to 3 days for them to be notified.

Looks like they took the money and ran...at least in my case. :(

I got the confirmation that my points are being sent, but then they'll email me to ask if I want the points in my email at a later time. Do I cancel Critics choice now, or after that second mail?

[quote name='thericochet']I've yet to receive my points, so who knows. I did the offer on 8/30 and canceled Critics Choice after 3 days. It says on the site that it takes them up to 3 days for them to be notified.

Looks like they took the money and ran...at least in my case. :([/quote]

It's a 30 day trial, you should wait a few more days than three. Chances are you cancelled days before Critics Choice even notified them about your signup.

[quote name='greattastic']It's a 30 day trial, you should wait a few more days than three. Chances are you cancelled days before Critics Choice even notified them about your signup.[/QUOTE]

It's a 30 day trial on the customer's end, but affiliate leads are usually processed within 24 hours, which they mention on their site. So I doubt it would have taken more than 3 days for them to be told that they had a lead processed.

[quote name='thericochet']It's a 30 day trial on the customer's end, but affiliate leads are usually processed within 24 hours, which they mention on their site. So I doubt it would have taken more than 3 days for them to be told that they had a lead processed.[/quote]

I waited until I had the email with my point code emailed to me. Took about 3 weeks or so. Rather be safe then sorry.

Got me email today, canceled the monthly thing just now. Good to go :)

[quote name='Coyotezeye']I waited until I had the email with my point code emailed to me. Took about 3 weeks or so. Rather be safe then sorry.

Got me email today, canceled the monthly thing just now. Good to go :)[/QUOTE]

Gah. They need to mention that on their damn site then. Or at least respond to emails. fuckkkkkkkkk

So is it best to wait until you receive the email with your points before canceling the trial? Does it matter?

Knowing me, I'd hate to forget that I signed up for this a couple weeks from now. :D

[quote name='LilPaintballer']how exatcly does this work? i use a card to sign up get an email with 1600 points in it? and cancel subscribtion?
thanks in advance[/quote]

First you sign up using the link provided (you need a credit card), and then just wait to get your confirmation email and perferably your points (which when you get the confirmation, reply and say you want them sent to you by email) and once you get both, you cancel. Make sure it's before the trial period.
You have to call to cancel.

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']First you sign up using the link provided (you need a credit card), and then just wait to get your confirmation email and perferably your points (which when you get the confirmation, reply and say you want them sent to you by email) and once you get both, you cancel. Make sure it's before the trial period.
You have to call to cancel.[/quote]

shit, i sound like a girl on the phone, i am to young theyll know darn

[quote name='62t']Looks like they replaced Critic choice with Video Professor now. More points![/quote]

If Video Professor hasn't changed, this offer is going to take some effort on your part to not get charged.

The send you stuff, and to cancel you need to send it back within so many days.

[quote name='62t']Looks like they replaced Critic choice with Video Professor now. More points![/QUOTE]

BOOO! Vid. Prof. is a huge pain in the ass. I'm out until the next offer then. damnit.

EDIT: Wait, I just clicked the link, and it is for Stamps.com

EDIT 2:
Hmm, watch out if you already signed up with them for other things (such as a TRAIN site). My email says that I already signed up with them (even though I used a dif. email addy than before), so now my account says that it is a 15.99 a month account. NO GOOD. I'll email them to cancel, but just a word of warning to those who have signed up with them in the past.

[quote name='aaa123']For stamps.com, do we have to install the software too?[/quote]

With stamps.com offers on other sites we had to install the software and print stamps to get credit for completion.

Good news for those who have already tried stamps once:

I just called, and they said everyone gets the free trial. You don't get 5 dollars in free postage, but the first month is indeed free as long as you call and cancel before it is up. cool beans

Just started up a new XBL account, so I'm giving this a try. I signed up for stamps.com and the free credit report crap with a virtual debit card from Paypal, so they won't be charging me anything.

Hope I get my points. They give you the option of having them emailed now, which is nice.

Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='o ManBearP1g o']what nummber do I call to cancel it and what should I say?[/QUOTE]

Do you want us to tell you how to breathe too? The # should be in the email you got when you signed up.

It should be common sense, but you should always keep track of stuff like this if you're giving over your credit card or bank info to a company you know nothing about. Especially one that banks on people not canceling before the trial is up.

Okay, starting to get pissed off now. Signed up for Critics' Choice on 9/18 and still no points. Sounds like others haven't gotten their points yet either. If I don't get them soon, I'm going to deem this "offer" a complete rip-off.

[quote name='ericseat']Okay, starting to get pissed off now. Signed up for Critics' Choice on 9/18 and still no points. Sounds like others haven't gotten their points yet either. If I don't get them soon, I'm going to deem this "offer" a complete rip-off.[/quote]

I signed up for Critics' Choice on 8/27 and received my points on 9/18.

Make sure you're checking your spam folder, that's where mine ended up in gmail.

Over a month and still no points. Cancelled my Critics' Choice account just before the trial month was over and emailed the Xbox Achiever guys, but still no response.

If a lot of people aren't receiving their points, I recommend the deal deemed dead and this thread be closed.

I just got points, but IDK if it was for the Critics Choice or Stamps (I did both with the same email addy). I assume it was for Stamps though, as so many people are having problems w/ critics

Edit: Looks like they added some credit check group too. I may do that one, see if it goes through (I really miss the multiple account True.com offers, ahh, good times)

Still no points. I've tried contacting xboxachiever.com a few times through email and their website, but they aren't responding. I looked up the domain registry for contact information, but it's kept secret through the ownership of Domains by Proxy, Inc. I suppose I'll have to try contacting that company instead.

Administrative Contact:
Private, Registration [email protected]
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
United States
(480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2599

[quote name='ericseat']Over a month and still no points. Cancelled my Critics' Choice account just before the trial month was over and emailed the Xbox Achiever guys, but still no response.

If a lot of people aren't receiving their points, I recommend the deal deemed dead and this thread be closed.[/QUOTE]

Same here, did the offer, never got any points, never got any responses to emails, this is the 3rd offer i've done with that website, and only once have I gotten points. They are very hit and miss, for mie, mostly miss.

I signed up back on September 13th and just got my points today. It took a while, but hey they came. Just give it a little more time I guess?

Still haven't gotten my points from my Aug 30th Critics Choice signup. Searched my spam box, and still nothing. No responses to several emails either. I don't give a good crap at this point. Just will never trust these guys again.

Its been a while since I signed up for stamps.com. Haven't heard anything at all, so Im not expecting it. I got points from the old true.com deal, but I really have no idea how this company actually operates. Oh well.

bread's done
Back