Free $2 GC from Subway *California Only*

[quote name='AlexD']I wonder if they will rotate states as time goes on, I'd love to see this come to PA.[/QUOTE]

Did you read what it said? It was from a Claim from California because some of the advertised deals did not happen. It's like a class action thing but because it only happened in California, they are the only ones that can get it. This isn't a promotion that will be going around the country.

[quote name='thebattlebegins']Lol. With this $2 you can get a $5 for free cuz the $2 will pay for your tax.[/quote]

The Subway I go to doesn't even charge tax on the footlongs, unless they're toasted. I know, it's weird.

I guess this is the few luxuries some people get for living in cali considering how screwed up the state is
I got one as well, thanks op

[quote name='Bavgate']The Subway I go to doesn't even charge tax on the footlongs, unless they're toasted. I know, it's weird.[/quote]

it is california (at least) state law. you dont pay tax on cold food. only hot food. i dont know why, but thats the law.

[quote name='waterboy100']it is california (at least) state law. you dont pay tax on cold food. only hot food. i dont know why, but thats the law.[/quote]

I'm not sure, but I heard it had something to do with prepared versus unprepared. One actually requires labor. Not sure how a sandwich doesn't take some amount of effort, but salads don't seem to fall under that umbrella so I honestly don't know or care much to argue about it.

The more you know! I'm a crappy Californian, haha. *googles an article* "Cold foods ordered to go are not taxable, but are taxed if eaten on the premises, while hot food is taxable regardless of where it's consumed."

Thanks for the head's up. Hopefully it'll arrive before finals. XD

This is part of a California settlement it states on the page! We pay more sales tax than other states, so well deserved, albeit $2. But there is a long wait, basically 1Qtr

bread's done
Back