Free 2 Piece KFC Grilled Meal with printable coupon

Has anyone gotten the generic doesn't change coupon to work? This thing is confusing me. It says you are limited to 4 downloads, but every coupon is the same. Even more confusing, the KFC site linked to the coupons.com site, then they changed it to link to the oprah site which linked to a PDF hosted on oprah.com, now the KFC site is changed back to link to coupons.com and oprah.com now links to the KFC site.

http://www.unthinkfc.com/KFCPdf.pdf ?

does that work?

edit: on my windows pc it loads up that shitty coupons website. on the mac it forces me directly to that pdf.

im assuming thats the generic coupon w/ a code like 12345678901234...the coupon printer on windows gave me a different code. Not sure if that works...Ill assume it does because there is no other way for a mac user to view that webpage. the button to print is a direct link to that pdf.

whatever thanks OP gonna go out to kfc for lunch.

[quote name='naiku']http://www.unthinkfc.com/KFCPdf.pdf ?

does that work?

[/quote]

The link works fine for me. I meant has anyone gotten the generic doesn't change coupon to work at a KFC restaurant(gotten the free food), because there seem to be 2 versions of coupons circulating. 1. A coupon that is different every time and 2. that PDF one that is always the same.

Edit: Also the unthinkKFC site keeps changing the link for the coupon. When I first checked it this morning it was coupons.com, then I checked it later and it was the PDF, now it's back to coupons.com and this all happened today. Why do they keep changing it?

Last edited by a moderator:
i got a coupon with a different bar code through some weird third party site. however, the "official" unthink site is just putting up a pdf now. This is probably due to server loads.

Stopped by my KFC for this today - *mistake*!! Everybody was there - tons and tons of people -- I eventually got mine a-ok, but it took forever. Kinda reminded me of grocery store-deli rotisserie chicken.

I managed to download and print 1, but for some reason I can't print the rest of the 3. it says I've reached the maximum limit for today. wtf?! help!

Edit: I sent them a message about the problem, and 5 min later I tried it again and voila! It started printing the rest of the 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='safire']I saved a screen shot of the coupon anyway. Would that be helpful for you guys having problems?[/quote]
It would for me, can't get any of those PDF links to work. Thanks in advance!

I don't post here really, but I wanted to answer some people's questions:

I went to KFC with 5 other people with these coupons. Some used the ones that have different codes from coupon.com, the others from the PDF. KFC accepted all of them. HOWEVER, they did not scan them, only placed them in a basket that had a pile of other coupons.

Can anyone else share their experience of whether or not the cashier scanned them, and which coupon you used (PDF of the one from coupon.com that requires the Coupon program to be installed). I think it will help a lot of people out here.

I also recommend everyone download and save the PDF so you can print out more for the rest of the promotion.

[quote name='JediJames2']It would for me, can't get any of those PDF links to work. Thanks in advance![/quote]

Nevermind, found someone who had saved a copy of the PDF here:

http://www.ejony.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/kfcpdf.pdf

Just printed it out and tried it (have a KFC three minutes from my apartment) and it worked fine. Went through drive through, only annoying thing was I could not pick my sides. Can't complain about free food, through. Did not look that busy, this location was in Kissimmee, FL.

[quote name='JediJames2']Nevermind, found someone who had saved a copy of the PDF here:

Just printed it out and tried it (have a KFC three minutes from my apartment) and it worked fine. Went through drive through, only annoying thing was I could not pick my sides. Can't complain about free food, through. Did not look that busy, this location was in Kissimmee, FL.[/QUOTE]

Overzealous manager? Reading the coupon makes it look like the chicken is the managers choice versus the sides

[quote name='kklems']Overzealous manager? Reading the coupon makes it look like the chicken is the managers choice versus the sides[/quote]

Eh, like I said, not going to complain about free food. Sides they gave me were mashed potatoes and cole slaw. Not too big on cole slaw, but I can save that for the wife.

[quote name='JediJames2']Nevermind, found someone who had saved a copy of the PDF here:

Just printed it out and tried it (have a KFC three minutes from my apartment) and it worked fine. Went through drive through, only annoying thing was I could not pick my sides. Can't complain about free food, through. Did not look that busy, this location was in Kissimmee, FL.[/quote]
This coupon will not work just came back from my kfc this is the oprah coupon if the code is ending on 1234 they will not accept it. The employee is probably uninformed right now but probably on your next transactions they would probably will not accept a coupon that end on 1234. I was wondering if there's anyone out there that have a coupon that came directly from unthinkfc.com? That is the only one seems to be valid.

What's this talk of can't choose the side? The coupon clearly states "2 pcs grilled chicken (manager's choice)" and then the next line is "two individual sides and a biscuit".

The manager's choice is the chicken. You'll be getting a leg and a thigh. No breasts for free. You can certainly choose what side you want though.

I went in today for lunch with the wife and kid. I put 3 coupons on the counter, poker-style. The cashier says "are those for the three of you?". I think she thought I was going to say "I'll take 3 free meals...and my wife will be having 3 as well."

Got mashtapatoes & macaroni salad no problem. No scanning of the coupon, but it was a legit one printed from unthinkKFC.com with the coupon printer program.

Lol my sis downloaded the coupon printer thing and then I ran a scan for malware and infections came up. Dont know if it's a threat or not, but just to be safe, if you downloaded couponprinter.exe run a scan.

Went to KFC with the wife today and of 10 people standing in line, only an older couple behind us wasn't using the ticket. When we got to the counter, we noticed a hand-written sign stating that coupons printed from the PDF with the generic "1234" code would not be accepted.

We also discovered that "you have to get mashed potatoes w/gravy and cole slaw" as your sides. To me, this seems like a loophole clause that KFC decided to enact once they discovered how ridiculously popular this promotion was going to be. I'm honestly amazed it's supposed to last for more than a week. That is a ridiculous amount of food to give away. I could easily see them coming up with an excuse and stopping it early.

My wife managed to get her mashed potatoes without gravy, but that's as far as they let us push it. Neither of us is really a fan of cole slaw, but the chicken was freaking delicious. You get one good sized thigh and one baby piece...seems to be the standard. Even with one useless side, it's still a great deal. We were surprised we didn't even have to pay tax. Got the meals to go and avoided even having to pay for a drink. I handed them two worthless pieces of paper, and they gave us two meals. Can't beat that!

Hmm, went through the drive thru at my local KFC today w/ the PDF coupon. I didn't mention the coupon until I got to the window. Just said I'd like the two piece grilled chicken and proceeded to tell her what sides (MP and Corn).

Pulled up, she asked for money, I said "I have this (coupon)," she said "oh" and worked some magic on the register. No scanning. Pulling out of the parking lot I noticed they gave me MP and Coleslaw, not corn. No complaints about free food, kinda interesting that others mentioned the MP and Coleslaw as well though.

Oh and there was a breast and wing in there, first thing they asked once I told them I wanted the two piece meal. So, it looks like the sides and pieces are YMMV.

-veggielasagna

Even the ones that end in 1234 are supposed to be accepted.

From Oprah.com -

If you had problems downloading the PDF from Oprah.com on the evening of May 5:
  • Please visit www.unthinkfc.com and download your coupon(s).
  • If you are unable to download your coupons, please call 1-800-CALL-KFC for assistance.
If you have concerns about using multiple coupons with the same code number:
  • All the PDF coupons downloaded from Oprah.com on the evening of May 5 have the same bar code.
  • Subject to the terms and conditions of the coupon and instructions on Oprah.com, these coupons will be accepted by participating KFC restaurants in the U.S.
If you downloaded coupons and they were not accepted at a KFC restaurant:
  • Please call 1-800-CALL-KFC.
  • Our Customer Service representatives will assist you and also take the information about your experience and follow up with the restaurant.
  • KFC restaurants that are selling Kentucky Grilled Chicken™
    global_icons_pdf_11x10.gif
For all other questions:

After reading the stories in this thread it seems to vary at each KFC.

Here's what happened for me:

First off, I used 2 of the generic doesn't change PDF coupons, I went with my mom.

Every door had a sign that said "30 minute wait for free grilled meal". There were a lot of people there and most of them had a coupon, it wasn't that long of a wait though. Got to the counter and the guy just took the coupon and set it somewhere behind the counter and gave us our stuff. They had the meals pre-packed, so we didn't get to pick anything. It was completely free and we had no problems what so ever. It didn't come with a biscuit like it was supposed to, but I'm not going to complain since it was completely free.

One box had a leg and a thigh and the other had a wing and a breast. Both had Mashed Potatoes w/gravy and Cole slaw. It was pretty small and I could have easily eaten two.

So, there it is. I hope my story clears some things up.

just gt back man i have never seen so many people in a small resturant man they were shoulder to shoulder. it took us about 30 min to get our food from the drive thru

[quote name='Tardcore']I've heard some "riot" stories already over this.

Really, people? It's just some free chicken.[/quote]

And the biscuit dont forget the biscuit. :) Used a coupon today with a buddy of mine, and there was a steady line of 20+ people using the coupon lol nobody ordered anything other than a few sodas....KFC didn't know what kind of storm they unleashed.

:\ stupid thing say's i printed them already? WTF i didn't print any, i just click on the print thing and it says already printed.

nevermind, it started 'working'

edit nevermind again, i got 1, but can't print anymore.....

[quote name='Glowin Smurff']:\ stupid thing say's i printed them already? WTF i didn't print any, i just click on the print thing and it says already printed.

nevermind, it started 'working'

edit nevermind again, i got 1, but can't print anymore.....[/quote]

I am having the same problem. Anyone know why? Is it just that their servers are overloaded with print requests?

I have tried 5 times, and every time it says that I have printed the maximum amount of coupons. The thing is, I just installed that coupon printing thing a few seconds ago. Not sure what is wrong.

[quote name='DietPoopSoda']I am having the same problem. Anyone know why? Is it just that their servers are overloaded with print requests?

I have tried 5 times, and every time it says that I have printed the maximum amount of coupons. The thing is, I just installed that coupon printing thing a few seconds ago. Not sure what is wrong.[/QUOTE]

Same problem here. Now that I can't get it, I want it EVEN MORE! Maybe they're trying to stop the the bleeding before all the chicken on Earth runs out.

For the people trying to print out more...the store I've used my coupons at didnt even look closely at the coupon, just saw it and put it in the pile. I'm assuming most people are using the .pdf version from the Oprah site and if after the deadline is over and people still can't get one ill post a .pdf of one of my coupons :)

I don't know if you guys like Popeye's Chicken, but this is just a little FYI, if you want to mix up your deals, Popeye's accepts ALL coupons. I used to be a manager at a store when I got out of highschool and you could bring in a buy one tire get one free coupon and we'd have to match it to anything you wanted (10pc meal, poboy sandwhich etc). So if you printed off ten of these coupons you could bring one in and get a free Popeys 2 pc, 2 sides and a biscuit, just not grilled.

thanks irish, i haven't been able to print any out but 1, i was hoping to print atleast 2, and i threw my scanner/printer away cuz the damn thing kept leaking ink (stupid Lexmark)....i don't know how to capture a .pdf image from that place or anything...so if u can do that, it'd be great thanks :)

edit>i just tried it again, and it still doesn't work for me :(

[quote name='twinton']Even the ones that end in 1234 are supposed to be accepted.

From Oprah.com -

If you had problems downloading the PDF from Oprah.com on the evening of May 5:
  • Please visit www.unthinkfc.com and download your coupon(s).
  • If you are unable to download your coupons, please call 1-800-CALL-KFC for assistance.
If you have concerns about using multiple coupons with the same code number:
  • All the PDF coupons downloaded from Oprah.com on the evening of May 5 have the same bar code.
  • Subject to the terms and conditions of the coupon and instructions on Oprah.com, these coupons will be accepted by participating KFC restaurants in the U.S.
If you downloaded coupons and they were not accepted at a KFC restaurant:
For all other questions:
[/quote]
:applause:

[quote name='pimpster4183']I don't know if you guys like Popeye's Chicken, but this is just a little FYI, if you want to mix up your deals, Popeye's accepts ALL coupons. I used to be a manager at a store when I got out of highschool and you could bring in a buy one tire get one free coupon and we'd have to match it to anything you wanted (10pc meal, poboy sandwhich etc). So if you printed off ten of these coupons you could bring one in and get a free Popeys 2 pc, 2 sides and a biscuit, just not grilled.[/quote]
Dude if this is true at all locations, I am one happy CAG. I love popeyes chicken and their sides are just far superior. I'll check with my local Popeyes tommorow!

hmmmm, so if someone had a .pdf of the 1234 from oprah.com then it would work? did they allow you to download the coupon.pdf or did u have to do that thing w/ coupons.com for that one too?

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Dude if this is true at all locations, I am one happy CAG. I love popeyes chicken and their sides are just far superior. I'll check with my local Popeyes tommorow![/quote]

I know for a fact it's with the Popeye's that are owned by Sailormen Inc (which is one of the largest owners) If you call just ask if the accept other companys coupons.

Awesome. Couldn't get the printer app to work on my mac but I nabbed one of oprah's site and heard that a lot of KFC's were being stupid about accepting that one. Will definitely follow up with customer service if I get turned away.

[quote name='freshzen']I'm a vegetarian, it'll be interested to see if I can substitute the sandwich for sides.[/quote]

So am I, so I just picked one up for a friend.

-veggielasagna

I went there last night and I had to wait forever in line and finally I got to the front and they told us the only side they were giving was potatoes (thats right two sides of potatoes) and they were out of biscuits. I am going to try again later with one of my other coupons and see if the experience is any better.

bread's done
Back