Free $20 Amazon GC from IBM - US only

I wanna try this but almost got into legal trouble once before for trying to get something for free that was meant for business owners (which I am not) so I'm conflicted....

I entered, who really cares. I can say I sell lemonade on my porch. I need a security camera in case someone robs me.

Sweet...but I'm very sure I'll get busted if I try to say I'm a business owner...

...which would be ironic, when you think about it.

I'm doing a team project for one of my classes where we have to create a product including a company, name, info sys crap, etc. So i'm not technically lying :)

uh, oops. I didn't know it was for business owners, and I used my real title of the real place I work at. even if I don't get the free GC, can anything bad happen?

Anybody been contacted yet?

EDIT: I went ahead and used my Computer Repair name, which is true cause I do repair people computer under that company name.

[quote name='yukine']Eh, I went for it.

I used my standard, "Vandelay Industries" as the name of the company.[/quote]

Haha Vandelay Industries, im not the only one watching seinfield.
Back on topic i signed up with real nfo hope i get the card could use it towards COD4

[quote name='darthbudge']Has anybody been contacted yet?[/quote]

It's only been three days since the OP. Let's give it some time, yes?

I tried this about a month or so ago when it was posted on a topic at Spoofee. I never did hear from them.

Down at the bottom in a tiny font it says:

"To qualify for this offer, you must fulfill meeting requirements with the authorized reseller."

Um.
I got an Amazon Giftcard in the mail today.
For $20.00

Weird, weird card.
..but..it was for $20.00
I have to think that it MIGHT be from this. Did anyone else get it...?

[quote name='lilboo']Um.
I got an Amazon Giftcard in the mail today.
For $20.00

Weird, weird card.
..but..it was for $20.00
I have to think that it MIGHT be from this. Did anyone else get it...?[/quote]

I haven't gotten anything yet, but stuff seems to take a while to get to my hosue. It came via USPS I assume?

Also could you post a pic of it? I wanna know what was so weird about it.

Sorry to sound shady, but I don't have it.
Here's a quick story:

I cashed out a $34 Amazon Giftcard on Gaminglagoon. I'm waiting for it to arrive anyday now. I moved to my own apartment and my address on Gaminglagoon was my old address (parents house) and when I signed up for this.. I ALSO used my old address.

I sign onto AIM and I ask my brother if it came. (The giftcard from Gaminglagoon)..he says "it's really weird. It says "To Dad From Ben..but it has your name on it too!"..So yeah. I have no idea what it is. He gave me the code, and it was for $20! So either Gaminglagoon really made a weird error, OR..this IS from this site.

I'll be over my parents house in a day or so to actually see this thing. All I know is that I now have $20 in my Amazon account. Hopefully it IS from this..and not an error on Gaminglagoon!

[quote name='lilboo']Sorry to sound shady, but I don't have it.
Here's a quick story:

I cashed out a $34 Amazon Giftcard on Gaminglagoon. I'm waiting for it to arrive anyday now. I moved to my own apartment and my address on Gaminglagoon was my old address (parents house) and when I signed up for this.. I ALSO used my old address.

I sign onto AIM and I ask my brother if it came. (The giftcard from Gaminglagoon)..he says "it's really weird. It says "To Dad From Ben..but it has your name on it too!"..So yeah. I have no idea what it is. He gave me the code, and it was for $20! So either Gaminglagoon really made a weird error, OR..this IS from this site.

I'll be over my parents house in a day or so to actually see this thing. All I know is that I now have $20 in my Amazon account. Hopefully it IS from this..and not an error on Gaminglagoon![/quote]

Eh Good enough for me, hopefully I get mine soon. That Absolute Watchmen is calling me.

Epic Lulz, I just put in I work @ Intel Corp, my dad does. I hope I get it. I put in the wrong phone # though.

[quote name='lilboo']Sorry to sound shady, but I don't have it.
Here's a quick story:

I'll be over my parents house in a day or so to actually see this thing. All I know is that I now have $20 in my Amazon account. Hopefully it IS from this..and not an error on Gaminglagoon![/quote]

why would you possibly lie???? what good or bad is that going to come to anyone?

[quote name='Sejad']why would you possibly lie???? what good or bad is that going to come to anyone?[/QUOTE]

I don't get what you mean.. :whistle2:k
You don't believe me.. or..?

I never confirmed that the $20 WAS from this. I still gotta make it to my parents house to pick up the actual card. (I told my brother to keep it because I wanna see it). Once I get it, I'll be (hopefully) able to determine if it's from this.

All I know is that I got $20 in Amazon credit.

Considering we're recovering from our last data crash, I don't think anyone here would blink if someone from IBM data integrity called my business asking for me.

[quote name='Leek']Epic Lulz, I just put in I work @ Intel Corp, my dad does. I hope I get it. I put in the wrong phone # though.[/quote]

Your dad works at Intel Corp and Best Buy? Wow, it must be tough for him to find free time... :roll:

[quote name='lilboo']I don't get what you mean.. :whistle2:k
You don't believe me.. or..?

I never confirmed that the $20 WAS from this. I still gotta make it to my parents house to pick up the actual card. (I told my brother to keep it because I wanna see it). Once I get it, I'll be (hopefully) able to determine if it's from this.

All I know is that I got $20 in Amazon credit.[/quote]

that's the thing I'm trying to say to people why would you lie it's pointless so in a way I believe you but dont know where it's from the card that is.

[quote name='Sejad']that's the thing I'm trying to say to people why would you lie it's pointless so in a way I believe you but dont know where it's from the card that is.[/QUOTE]

I talked to my mom today. She said the card said it wasn't "To Dad, From Ben" as in some guy named Ben sent this Amazon giftcard to his Dad..she said my name IS on it..but it looks like some sort of advertisement.

I wish I didn't live like 40 minutes away. But I'll get there sometime this week.
To be honest, it HAS to be from this.
There would be no other reason in which I received a $20 Amazon Giftcard from anyone else.

I just find it weird that no one else at ALL said they got one yet.. :whistle2:k

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']I signed up as "Mr. Manager" of "Bluth Original Frozen Bananas".

Here's to hoping.[/quote]
ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT FTW Shame it was canceled

[quote name='yamas']ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT FTW Shame it was canceled[/quote]

I really wish I'd supported it more when it was still on. I didn't really get into it until after it was canceled :cry:

Just got some great Black Friday DVD deals though!

I suggest you all run down to your local community center and get yourself a business licence. I closed my business after several years of making minimal profit in my spare time. But I did get quite a few perks from presenting myself (truthfully) as a business owner. The down side is the yearly cost of the licence (around $35 here) and having to fill out the long form on taxes (as well as sales tax forms, which amount to $0.00 most places for selling services). It's fun for a few years if you haven't tried it before.

Thanks OP. I have a legitimate small business (with license) so I don't see the harm in signing up for this. If I get $20 Amazon credit all the cooler ^_^ Woo hoo! I love these types of offers.

Signed up for it. Backups is a part of the job, so I should qualify easily. Gah, I hate meeting w/ vendors, though...

bread's done
Back