free $20 gift card when you buy fuse tru

I really want this game, even though the reviews aren't that great...I think I'll wait till it hits $40. Thanks op

By the looks of the reviews they'll be giving the game away for free with the $20 gift card as the insentive.

Like what they did with Duke Nukem ...

[quote name='Ryuukishi']It's fun. Needs more people online playing co-op though![/QUOTE]

yeah, from all the reviews i read. One common theme it mentions is the game is only enjoyable/fun, when played in coop mode with ppl. Did you get the game?

[quote name='sTaTIx']I'll wait until it's $5-10[/QUOTE]

I'd guess by Holidays it will be $10.

[quote name='YBX87']yeah, from all the reviews i read. One common theme it mentions is the game is only enjoyable/fun, when played in coop mode with ppl. Did you get the game?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I've been playing it the past couple days. It's not going to set the world on fire but I'm enjoying it. The game will pretty reliably match me up with one person, but never more than that. I don't know if it's some quirk of the matchmaking or just that not enough people are playing it.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Yeah, I've been playing it the past couple days. It's not going to set the world on fire but I'm enjoying it. The game will pretty reliably match me up with one person, but never more than that. I don't know if it's some quirk of the matchmaking or just that not enough people are playing it.[/QUOTE]

how does the match making work exactly? can you create your own game, and invite friends to it? or are your options only public games? on most youtube video i have only seen coop with 2 players at most

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Yeah, I've been playing it the past couple days. It's not going to set the world on fire but I'm enjoying it. The game will pretty reliably match me up with one person, but never more than that. I don't know if it's some quirk of the matchmaking or just that not enough people are playing it.[/QUOTE]

My GS has sold like 1 copy they said so its a lack of player factor IMO.

[quote name='YBX87']how does the match making work exactly? can you create your own game, and invite friends to it? or are your options only public games? on most youtube video i have only seen coop with 2 players at most[/QUOTE]

It's pretty standard stuff. You can choose Quick Match to join someone else's game in progress, or start your own session either solo, invite only, open to friends only, or open to randoms. If you're starting your own session you can choose a level or continue your campaign from the last checkpoint that you stopped at.

So far I've always hosted my own session and made it open to randoms, and the game will put a second player into my game right away, but never a third or fourth.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']It's pretty standard stuff. You can choose Quick Match to join someone else's game in progress, or start your own session either solo, invite only, open to friends only, or open to randoms. If you're starting your own session you can choose a level or continue your campaign from the last checkpoint that you stopped at.

So far I've always hosted my own session and made it open to randoms, and the game will put a second player into my game right away, but never a third or fourth.[/QUOTE]

what platform are u playing it on?

Yes I really want this game but I'm sure it will drop big in the next month. And by then we'll all be playing The Last of Us.

[quote name='Vap']I really want this game, even though the reviews aren't that great...I think I'll wait till it hits $40. Thanks op[/QUOTE]

YMMV BB pm will get u the game for $40 but I see this being $20 MSRP by Halloween

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']If you have a save a lot, you could buy this game for $40 and get the $20 gift card.

$30 gets you 2 $25 TRU gift cards at save a lot.[/QUOTE]

What is a save a lot? Is that an east coast shop?

This game is fun if you're looking for a coop shooter. The horde mode in this game is fantastic and is the right length IMO. It's reminiscent of ME3 MP. I grabbed this now just because the community will never be stronger because of self-fulfilling prophecies/ the Internet can't get over the art change. It's a shame.

It has awesome split screen co op, so if you have someone to play it with, go for it, we don't have many split screen co op games lately.

[quote name='kelo360']What is a save a lot? Is that an east coast shop?[/QUOTE]

Discount grocery store chain. The "$10 off $25 gift card" deal/promo is seemingly only at corporate/select stores, though, so ymmv (none of the stores I checked in western NY list the deal in their ads, although I haven't checked the stores themselves). You can check the local ads/locations here (in stores that have it listed, the deal seems to usually be on the 4th page of the weekly ad flyer): http://save-a-lot.com/

Played the demo for this game and I wasn't really impressed but I did just play single player. I can't imagine the co-op aspect would justify MSRP, even with a $20 gift card. I would expect the price of this game to drop to $20 or below in a few months.

bread's done
Back