Free $20 Gift Card with Call of Duty: Black Ops pre-order and 4,000 Microsoft Points

fight_the_youth

CAGiversary!
spacer.gif

f_giftcardandgame_100530.jpg

Free $20 Gift Card with Call of Duty: Black Ops pre-order and 4,000 Microsoft Points card

Make sure you're ready for the launch of one of the year's most highly anticipated Xbox 360 games — and score a Best Buy gift card — with this special offer.
Just pre-order the military shooter, Call of Duty: Black Ops, along with a 4,000 Microsoft Points card — perfect for downloading multiplayer maps and more, via Xbox Live! — and for a limited time, you can pick up a free $20 gift card.
Plus you'll get free shipping on all three items!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat212100050001&type=category

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dinovelvet']Hmm...am I the only one who read this as you get a free $20 gift card AND free 4000 points?[/QUOTE]

I read it like that at first.

No thanks Best Buy, I would rather go with Amazon.

I read it like that too, that would be an epic deal. As is, why would you buy this, I'm sure everyone will give you a $20 card for the game alone...

Hmm...

So do we have to fully pay off this pre-order, or do we just need to make a minimal payment that we can later cancel? ;)

Not really a good deal. I'll bet Amazon has a $10 GC at minimum, and depending on the volume of pre-orders, maybe even a $20 GC, and no need to spend all that extra money on points. Really.

Bestbuy you have to purchase Call of Duty and the 4000 Microsoft points to get a $20 gift card. Amazon.com is already offering a $20 video game credit.

[quote name='flit']Not really a good deal. I'll bet Amazon has a $10 GC at minimum, and depending on the volume of pre-orders, maybe even a $20 GC, and no need to spend all that extra money on points. Really.[/QUOTE]

yea seriously, MW2 had a $20 bucks one and so did Bad Company 2. I don't see why this wouldn't either

[quote name='dinovelvet']Hmm...am I the only one who read this as you get a free $20 gift card AND free 4000 points?[/QUOTE]

No, absolutely not. 4000 points go for $49.99 at BB.com so for $110 you can get a $20 gift certificate...I'm not impressed.

Yeah so did I but then I saw its a Best Buy promotion and came to my senses.

[quote name='aleraiders']this could be really good deal to take advantage of except is 6 months away :bomb:[/QUOTE]

It's not. At all.

AMAZON is already giving you $20 to buy the game alone.

I thought so too at first. That would have been one of the best deals ever haha :bomb:

Man, that is one SORRY assed attempt to keep up with the deity known as amazon, and by extension...Wal-mart. Jesus Best Buy. Even K-mart is kicking your ass these days.

"But--but--guys!! If I get this at BB w/in-store pickup, that one blonde at the CS counter might be impressed!! Guys, help me out!!! (Inhales, wheezes)

Isn't this like a $15 off a 4000 points card?

You put $5 down for CoD BO and get $20 gift card = you get $15 back, not too bad for 4000p since the best sale I've seen on them was around $40

[quote name='teddybass']Isn't this like a $15 off a 4000 points card?

You put $5 down for CoD BO and get $20 gift card = you get $15 back, not too bad for 4000p since the best sale I've seen on them was around $40[/QUOTE]
Yeah but you pay full price for the game. Go with Amazon.

OP needs to fix the title.

Maybe something like "best buy thinks youre an idiot" is more fitting.

This is pretty low even for WorstBuy. It's not that the original poster made a misleading topic/title, the retailer is also phrasing it the same way as if they hope assume the average gamer is too dumb to notice they will spend $50+ on a Points card.

I guess this is their first step toward trying to catch up with Amazon, Walmart and K-Mart, albeit a horrible one.

yeah. I thought that was too good to be true.

I'd go with Amazon as they offer $20 credit on the game without additiional purchase.

I will hold off since ms and game makers know how to work preorders with bonus content now. Then they backstab us and release that exclusive content on the marketplace a few weeks or a month later. I remember spending $35 on inferno armor for ME2 then 2 weeks later it hits the marketplace for 160 i believe and it comes with 2 other armor items... I hope they do the collectors armor now cause i am not forking over 40-60 for that dang code..

[quote name='fight_the_youth']
spacer.gif

f_giftcardandgame_100530.jpg

Free $20 Gift Card with Call of Duty: Black Ops pre-order and 4,000 Microsoft Points card

Make sure you're ready for the launch of one of the year's most highly anticipated Xbox 360 games — and score a Best Buy gift card — with this special offer.
Just pre-order the military shooter, Call of Duty: Black Ops, along with a 4,000 Microsoft Points card — perfect for downloading multiplayer maps and more, via Xbox Live! — and for a limited time, you can pick up a free $20 gift card.
Plus you'll get free shipping on all three items!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat212100050001&type=category[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

No, I was halfway through checkout when I realized it. This is in no way, shape or form... a deal. It is the anti-deal really. :) I will also stick to Amazon.

You don't have to buy it, you might even return the preorder and get your $5 back, making this an even better deal like $20 off 4000 msp

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Yeah but you pay full price for the game. Go with Amazon.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='teddybass']You don't have to buy it, you might even return the preorder and get your $5 back, making this an even better deal like $20 off 4000 msp[/QUOTE]
Being part of a promotional offer, they will probably ask ALL Items be returned. I'm sure BB wouldn't leave themseleves open to have people just return the game and get money back. Too many people would take advantage of this. Plus it's return fraud, which is not cool.

They're new definition of pre-order is probably paying off the game in full first.

[quote name='teddybass']You don't have to buy it, you might even return the preorder and get your $5 back, making this an even better deal like $20 off 4000 msp[/QUOTE]

I'm sure that's going to happen, buddy.

So it's $110 + tax out of pocket up front, and $20 off your next purchase. Uh...no thanks. I already hate having a shitload of points stored up in the bank of microsoft as it is unless I got them dirt cheap.

bread's done
Back