Free $25.00 to Anyone

spiderdog

CAGiversary!
Free $25.00 to Anyone who saw these Movies

Moviegoers who saw the films "Vertical Limit," "A Knight's Tale," "The Animal," "Hollow Man" or "The Patriot" during their original theater runs must file a claim to be eligible for a $5 per ticket reimbursement, said lawyer Norman Blumenthal, who represented a group of filmgoers who sued Sony Pictures in 2001.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050803/ap_en_mo/movie_review_lawsuit

What game can I buy for with $25.00?

Little known fact, "A Knights Tale" was released as "Rock You!" in Japan and was still terrible.

[quote name='CheapyD']Little known fact, "A Knights Tale" was released as "Rock You!" in Japan and was still terrible.[/QUOTE]
I saw it and it didn't rock me.

I worked at a movie theater when most of those came out, and i can remember when I said "Ya know, i would've wanted my money back if it was'nt for free" on just about each one.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']I think the issue is they only wanted to see the movie due to the review by the fake critic.[/QUOTE]
You can't blame a critic, even an imaginary one, for making you see a bad movie. If you couldn't tell those films sucked from the trailers, it's your own damn fault.

They aren't going to give $5 out to everyone claiming they saw these movies - you will need an original ticket stub to prove it and god help you if you actually saw all these in the theater and saved the stubs as souvenirs or something...

[quote name='javeryh']They aren't going to give $5 out to everyone claiming they saw these movies - you will need an original ticket stub to prove it and god help you if you actually saw all these in the theater and saved the stubs as souvenirs or something...[/QUOTE]

Really?

did you get your $13 check from buying overpriced CD's? I did.

on sony site of new movies

The cave: this will flop it should of went straight to DVD

and i cant belive they Remade THE FOG... i think i would rather watch the 70s version and pay 49 cents to rent it then pay 6 bucks to see this piece of junk.

monster house summer 2006. ummmm can you say cancelled by then

[quote name='SpottedNigel']Really?

did you get your $13 check from buying overpriced CD's? I did.[/QUOTE]
I never got mine :(

i went and paid full price for

"Vertical Limit," and "Hollow Man

I though hollow man was a good show BUT it had a real lame ass ending

same with vertical limit

i think paid 5 bucks for hollow but 8 for Limit (went to night show)

[quote name='SpottedNigel']Really?

did you get your $13 check from buying overpriced CD's? I did.[/QUOTE]

Nope... but if all you have to do is file a claim then there's probably not enough money to cover everyone...

[quote name='javeryh']Nope... but if all you have to do is file a claim then there's probably not enough money to cover everyone...[/QUOTE]

it breaks down to 300,000 people

[quote name='BIG5']You can't blame a critic, even an imaginary one, for making you see a bad movie. If you couldn't tell those films sucked from the trailers, it's your own damn fault.[/QUOTE]

:applause: :applause: :applause:
This should be Sony's argument.

OK, so can someone EXPLAIN how to file for the money? I saw Vertical Limit and actually enjoyed it enough to buy it on dvd, but I would love to have $5.00. I have the stubs (collect them)

[quote name='BIG5']You can't blame a critic, even an imaginary one, for making you see a bad movie. If you couldn't tell those films sucked from the trailers, it's your own damn fault.[/QUOTE]

So you have absolutely no problem with fake product reviews?

In one ad for the action-comedy, a critic identified as "David Manning of The Ridgefield Press" was quoted calling star
Heath Ledger "this year's hottest new star!"

God help the person who went to see the movie because they expected Heath Ledger to be "This year's hottest new star!"

[quote name='Rich']God help the person who went to see the movie because they expected Heath Ledger to be "This year's hottest new star!"[/QUOTE]

He's not?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!? Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys are pretty greedy asking for $5 for a movie when you know you did not see it because of some guy said it was good you see movies because they interest you and on the preview it interested you. So let charity have this money

[quote name='m0dem']You guys are pretty greedy asking for $5 for a movie when you know you did not see it because of some guy said it was good you see movies because they interest you and on the preview it interested you. So let charity have this money[/QUOTE]
If they did see those movies in theatres, then reperations are deserved. I didn't see them, but I know some guys who rented them. They were warned., so I don't feel too bad

The lawsuit, originally filed by two California moviegoers, claimed the ads fooled the plaintiffs into seeing "A Knight's Tale."

In one ad for the action-comedy, a critic identified as "David Manning of The Ridgefield Press" was quoted calling star Heath Ledger "this year's hottest new star!"

There should be laws made over people filing lawsuits over a BULLSHIT reason.

[quote name='vietgurl']darnit, I saw "The Patriot" but I didn't save the ticket stubs.[/QUOTE]

I saw Braveheart twice, since it's the exact same movie do I get $10?
All I need is a refund from Star Wars I, II, and III and I'm set!

I didn't see any of those in theaters thought I did eventually watch most of them. Who listens to crap reviews anyways? I kind of already know what I'm willing to pay for...and IMDB tells me the rest of what I need to know.

Something that pisses me off about reviews...how many times this phrase has been plastered on movies that came out between January and March:
"BEST COMEDY/ACTION/TEEN MOVIE THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I hate film crickets in general because for the most part they only give good reviews to get their names plastered on the DVDs.

Hopefully, the first post will be edited to include instructions on filing a claim. I can't find it anywhere.

The Patriot wasn't bad. It had Mel Gibson, yes, but it also had Gerard Depardieu, and he's cool.

[quote name='slidecage']once they run out of money they make that kevin dude from hallow man come and mow your yard... Im sure he can use the work : )[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

I think I have a ticket stub for Knight's Tale. I didn't see it though and I'm glad I didn't after hearing the reviews, I bought a ticket to it and went into a different theatre.

I want to sue whoever produced Land of the Dead, I want my money back plus emotional damages, because it sucked ass so bad it ruined my birthday.

[quote name='Scahom1']The lawsuit, originally filed by two California moviegoers, claimed the ads fooled the plaintiffs into seeing "A Knight's Tale."

In one ad for the action-comedy, a critic identified as "David Manning of The Ridgefield Press" was quoted calling star Heath Ledger "this year's hottest new star!"

There should be laws made over people filing lawsuits over a BULLSHIT reason.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

[quote name='supadupacheap']If they ask for stubs then 99% of the settlement is going to charity. But thats actually not a bad thing IMHO.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to see it go to something along the lines of Project Greenlight. Something that helps fledgling movie creators get their stuff out there. But god help them if they make another Knight's Tale with that money...

[quote name='javeryh']They aren't going to give $5 out to everyone claiming they saw these movies - you will need an original ticket stub to prove it and god help you if you actually saw all these in the theater and saved the stubs as souvenirs or something...[/QUOTE]

LOL, I actually have saved all my movie tickets since I was in the 7th grade (am 21 now) but I didn't see any of those movies in the theatre! DAMN! :lol:

[quote name='Scahom1']There should be laws made over people filing lawsuits over a BULLSHIT reason.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you're right. We should have absolutely no checks whatsoever on businesses with a pattern of making completely false claims to trick naive people into buying their products, then giving them a BULLSHIT product (movie in this case). :roll:

Let's say you were going to see a movie, but hadn't decided which one. All of the movie studios except Sony have refrained from putting false critic quotes on their ads, but Sony (and only Sony) decides to make some completely fake quotes and put them on their ads. If you're just a casual moviegoer, you see that critics liked it, and you go to that one. Sony has just conned you out of seeing a better movie and into seeing a shitty one instead. To make matters worse, the companies that play by the rules have been deprived of that customer (and many others, I'm sure). Sony makes a little more money from lying, and others make less money by using real quotes. In the end, Sony is making money at the expense of their competitors, and their customers, by advertising falsely. And that, my friend, is not BULLSHIT.

I still can't figure out how to file the claim. My then girlfriend, now wife and I both saw (unfortunately) Hollow Man which was terrible, and The Patriot, which was pretty shitty. I'd sure like that $25, but I'd more like that four hours of my life back.

[quote name='slidecage']once they run out of money they make that kevin dude from hallow man come and mow your yard... Im sure he can use the work : )[/QUOTE]
Six Degrees of that kevin dude from hallow man

bread's done
Back