Free $25 Best Buy GC When You Spend $99+ On Select PS4 / XB1 Games

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
So, I'm glad I read this first in the BB $10 thread first before I went to BB to pickup COD.  I had already bought 2 games this week so I went in to PM.  They were awesome.  I printed out what my cart would have looked like with Hello Neighbor and Street Outlaws in it also, showing the $25 card for free.  They just grabbed a card and gave it to me. 

COD-$10 GC   47.99

Street outlaws-$10 GC   31.99

Hello Neighbor HnS-3.99

$25 GC for bundle. 

Not bad at all, $45 in GC. 

hmm I already bought Medievil today (had it preordered) 

wonder if its worth it to return / rebuy with another $70 game to get in on this promo?

I just dont really have anything I want...

I'm a little disappointed that preorders aren't included, but it makes sense. Stacking this with the $10 pre-order certs would have been insane.

Still, MediEvil, Spider-Man GOTY, and Concrete Genie for $80 with a $25 gift card? Tempting.

Still trying to figure out if this is a good deal ... most of the stuff is full price, so even with GCU and gift card, it may still be cheaper on BF. Example is $47.99 for BL3, minus $12.5 gc = $35 ... will probably be $30 on BF. Now if Switch games were included, it might be a different story.

Only worth it for people playing new releases. Otherwise older games will be guaranteed cheaper Black Friday and I don't need a $25 gift card from them when I can save more than that later down the line.

Only worth it for people playing new releases. Otherwise older games will be guaranteed cheaper Black Friday and I don't need a $25 gift card from them when I can save more than that later down the line.
If you don't have GCU, yes. If you have GCU, I doubt it. If I recall, BB's black friday prices do not allow GCU to stack on top. Me getting Resident Evil 2 for $20, DMC 5 for $20, Monster Hunter world for $16 and Nier for $24 look like BF prices to me. I highly doubt any of those games outside of maybe Nier will be cheaper than that. Then when you add the GC to the mix, it is a great deal.

Since this is a physical gift card, what’s stopping me from returning one of the games I ordered?
They can charge it after the return is processed because it's a promo. You commit to their terms of agreement when you make the purchase.

That's why you don't commit return fraud.

It’s a good deal picked up:
Trover
DS:remastered
GOW
Tales of Vesperia: definitive
Shadow of Mordor
~75$

Not bad at all will use the Goft card on BF for gifts

If you don't have GCU, yes. If you have GCU, I doubt it. If I recall, BB's black friday prices do not allow GCU to stack on top. Me getting Resident Evil 2 for $20, DMC 5 for $20, Monster Hunter world for $16 and Nier for $24 look like BF prices to me. I highly doubt any of those games outside of maybe Nier will be cheaper than that. Then when you add the GC to the mix, it is a great deal.
My GCU ran out over the summer, this isn't worth it to me at all. Especially since I'd have to spend that $25 gift card eventually and I don't have much games left I'm looking forward to this gen. Like Cyberpunk, I'll definitely be waiting for the PS5 version of that. Same for FFVII.

My GCU ran out over the summer, this isn't worth it to me at all. Especially since I'd have to spend that $25 gift card eventually and I don't have much games left I'm looking forward to this gen. Like Cyberpunk, I'll definitely be waiting for the PS5 version of that. Same for FFVII.
Yeah I am going to use it on either cyberpunk or last of us 2 or dying light 2. For me, the next year has more games that I want then any year in recent memory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a pretty dope deal with GCU, since the $99 threshold is calculated using the pre-GCU total.

Apparently if you're ordering online there is a 3 item order limit on the $25 gift card itself though, so you can only do three sets with the deal before you get an error message.  I had several more sets all carefully mapped out to equal ~$100 too... dreams partially dashed.

FWIW, Blood & Truth ($40) plus any qualifying $60 game works for this promo, even after GCU; for instance, Blood & Truth + Outer Worlds + $25 GC = $80 after GCU. Seems to be a glitch with just Blood & Truth. I’ve successfully placed 2 different orders this way, one of which that was for a friend who also wanted Blood & Truth.

Pretty good deal, I'll return and rebuy Outer Worlds, add RE2 and DMC5 for 20 each with 25 gift card back. Thanks

FWIW, Blood & Truth ($40) plus any qualifying $60 game works for this promo, even after GCU; for instance, Blood & Truth + Outer Worlds + $25 GC = $80 after GCU. Seems to be a glitch with just Blood & Truth. I’ve successfully placed 2 different orders this way, one of which that was for a friend who also wanted Blood & Truth.
As long as the total is $99+ before GCU, you get the gift card free. I have GCU and ordered Indivisible-$39.99, MediEvil-$29.99 and Concrete Genie-$29.99 (all prices pre-GCU) and got the gift card free.

As long as the total is $99+ before GCU, you get the gift card free. I have GCU and ordered Indivisible-$39.99, MediEvil-$29.99 and Concrete Genie-$29.99 (all prices pre-GCU) and got the gift card free.
Interesting... I tried something similar, and wasn’t have any luck. Must’ve been doing something wrong.

Is the gift card only one per account?
I'd like to know this as well. I'd be okay with just two gift cards. One for $99 worth of PS4 games and one for $99 worth of XB1 games.

If not, has anyone tried mixing and matching PS4 and XB1 games for this deal?

Call of Duty Modern Warfare
Halo Collection
Red Dead 2

For $99 after gcu.

I have every xbox one x title that I want except Halo 5 and Gears 5.

I'd like to know this as well. I'd be okay with just two gift cards. One for $99 worth of PS4 games and one for $99 worth of XB1 games.

If not, has anyone tried mixing and matching PS4 and XB1 games for this deal?
Someone mentions in a few posts above that the maximum number of orders with free gift cards you can place appears to be 3. I haven't tried it yet myself.

Does this promo end tonight?
Seems to be part of the weekend sale that ends Sunday.

Someone mentions in a few posts above that the maximum number of orders with free gift cards you can place appears to be 3. I haven't tried it yet myself.

Seems to be part of the weekend sale that ends Sunday.
If you read the offer details it says

Offer Details:

Excludes prior purchases. Gift card will ship separately and is not available for Store Pickup. May not be valid in combination with other offers. Savings will be reflected in your cart when all offer requirements are met. If you remove any of the qualifying items from your cart or cancel all or part of your order, you will not receive the promotional savings. Valid on in-stock items only. Limit 1. Gift card good toward future purchase. Offer subject to change. Best Buy's Return Policy on Bundle or Promotional Discount Items applies to this purchase.

If you read the offer details it says

Offer Details:

Excludes prior purchases. Gift card will ship separately and is not available for Store Pickup. May not be valid in combination with other offers. Savings will be reflected in your cart when all offer requirements are met. If you remove any of the qualifying items from your cart or cancel all or part of your order, you will not receive the promotional savings. Valid on in-stock items only. Limit 1. Gift card good toward future purchase. Offer subject to change. Best Buy's Return Policy on Bundle or Promotional Discount Items applies to this purchase.
I was able to place two orders and get the free gift card on both of them so it might be a YMMV thing.

i was trying to justify dropping another 100 on games but im going to pass this time. just dropped 40 on the psn sale

i did my calculation of spending 103 - 25 gift card - 30 from what i could get selling the other two games... i would be paying 48 for the game i want.

i'll just wait for black friday. it's not worth the hassle just to pay 48 for the game i want.

Hmmm, I still have GCU. Eyeing COD, Wreckfest and RE2 ... comes out to about $109 after tax. Not sure if it's worth it, especially this close to black Friday and being balls deep in AC Odyssey ...

I decided to jump on a couple of the new exculsive best buy star wars figures.made since to get the free gift card since I was spending $100 already. I also noticed it let me use a reward cert as well after it brought my total down under $100 and still got the gift card for free.

No death stranding... wtf are they thinking
Oh is death stranding out?! Oh wait, no it isnt.

This is a sale that is meant to clear out older inventory for the holiday influx. Buy a new $60 game and please also take some old stuff we didnt sell and we will also give you $25 to come back again, possibly at the holidays to spend more $$$.

I picked up Xbone: Man Of Medan, MMX 1 & 2 collection, Hello Neighbor Hide and Seek, Among the sleep and for PS4: Medievil.

$89 after tax and got the $25 GC

This sale is amazing for older bargain bin titles ONLY if your gamers club is still active.

Hmmm, I still have GCU. Eyeing COD, Wreckfest and RE2 ... comes out to about $109 after tax. Not sure if it's worth it, especially this close to black Friday and being balls deep in AC Odyssey ...
Since you still have GCU, COD+Wreckfest ($60+40 pre-GCU) is enough to hit the threshold for the free $25 giftcard. So you would be paying $80+tax for those two games plus the giftcard.

If you want RE2 more, you'll have to manage your set differently to keep it as close to $100 pre-GCU as possible to maximize the savings. With COD+RE2 you'll want a $15 filler (e.g DOA6). With Wreckfest+RE2 you'll want a $25 filler (e.g. DMC5).

Wish they would of included switch games
Same. That and nintendo in general. I'd totally buy up a bunch of stuff. Even order a copy of pokemon sword to go with my free copy of shield from amazon if it had applied to preorders as well.

Same. That and nintendo in general. I'd totally buy up a bunch of stuff. Even order a copy of pokemon sword to go with my free copy of shield from amazon if it had applied to preorders as well.
They prob didnt because switch stuff is selling well enough AND it's more expensive for them than disc based games.

Well that and most nintendo first party stuff anyway sticks at specific prices and doesn't go down much.  Usually hovers at 40/35.  Barring selects version.

Well, I've placed three orders thus far, and hopefully I have the restraint to stop there.  I had some Trails of Cold Steel games to catch up on, among other things, and this is basically 45% off as long as you still have GCU.

Just better to wait for these to go on sale individually. Not really seeing the payout here, unless you really plan on playing all these games within the next month.

Went with Trails of Coldsteel 3, RE2 and DMC5. Bought ToC3 regardless so this is a nice incentive to finally got me to get RE2 and DMC5 now.

bread's done
Back