Status
Not open for further replies.

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
UPDATE:
Amazon is offering up a 3 month trial of Amazon Prime if you simply place $100 worth of textbooks in your cart.

According to Amazon, you don't need to actually order the $100 worth of textbooks.
It says you only need to "Add $100 worth of eligible textbooks to your cart to sign up" for the free three month trial.

This book is over $100 and should do the trick.

• Add the above book to your cart and go through the checkout process and select "FREE Two-Day Shipping with a Free Trial of Amazon Prime"
  • Confirm your free 3-month trial and don't place the order.
This offer is for new Amazon Prime trials only
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Original post

Free 1 month trial of Amazon Prime

Unless I am mistaken, previously the free trial was only available to select users. Now it is open to all.
Support CAG just by signing up for the free trial!

Amazon Prime members get unlimited free Two-Day Shipping with no minimum order. Amazon just rolled out release-day delivery on select games (like Madden 09) which Amazon Prime members get for free. Not sure if there are any other games currently available for that service, but I imagine there will be others soon. Soul Calibur IV was also a release-day delivery game.

After the free 1 month trial, Amazon Prime costs $79 a year.
Any CAGs currently use the service? Is it worth keeping it after the trial ends?

Last edited by a moderator:
For those who want even more free Prime, I believe there is a deal to get 3 free months if you put $100 of textbooks in your cart.

According to Amazon, you don't need to actually order the $100 worth of textbooks. It says you only need to "Add $100 worth of eligible textbooks to your cart to sign up" for the free three month trial.

This book is over $100 and should do the trick.

• Add the above book to your cart and go through the checkout process and select "FREE Two-Day Shipping with a Free Trial of Amazon Prime"
  • Confirm your free 3-month trial and don't place the order.

Just so it's known, if you had the free month previously, you can't take it again using this. I tried 8-(. I'm actually going to sign up for a year of Amazon Prime tomorrow, and split it with my girlfriend. It's going to really great if they do the release date guarantee for lots of games.

EDIT: Just looked at the textbook promotion, and it is also limited to those who have yet to try Prime at all.

i had the 1 month free trial already and it is really nice as far as keeping good deals exactly that good. i haven't signed back up for it yet because of the whole paycheck thing but if you amazon a lot it is really worth it to have.

i have prime and it is absolutely the best thing ever when it comes to ordering pretty much anything other than new games. i have had several pre-orders for new games not go smoothly. for games that are already in stock, it works great. new movies and cds always show up on release day.

I've been a prime member for over 8 months now and I love it. Not having to look for fillers whenever I want to over anything below $25 is golden. One minor potential problem I can comment on may be the fact that all your order via prime are rushed, meaning that you almost have no chance to cancel an order if you changed your mine. Most everything you order with prime ship out the same day, so you better be sure you want the item before you press the "place order" button.

agreed, but the only thing that stops me from using amazon as much as i was is the fact NY is charged sales tax since beginning of June. I still go to the coinstar and cash out the change i got to amazon gift certificates. I get tons of stuff paid off in advance so its not so bad i guess since not much money is taken out of my account when my orders finally ship.

hmm added the book and still dont' see a prime trial. This acct already used up the 1 month prime so I am not elgible?

alright just cleared cookies and made a new acct and got it going.. now I rememeber reading prime works for 4 other accts of the same shipping address, since I have a pre-order w/ giftcard credit on my original acct. Let's see if I can link accts to get Fallout 3 on free 2 day..

*edit*
okay got everything figured out for linking my account whew. so now my original acct that had the amazon credit is linked to the 3 month trial =D yeess! my fallout3 will not get here in 2 days.. though I wish it had same day release. Either way very happy about this, esp w/ the holidays coming up very soon. NICE!! Thanks OP

Sorry, try this book

On the checkout page, should see an option as pictured below.
Right after you select it, a window should pop up asking you to start your trial.

I like how Poor2More posted this "deal" on August 2nd, was criticized by 2 users, then the thread was moved to the Other Deals section.

[quote name='pinoyunggoy']I like how Poor2More posted this "deal" on August 2nd, was criticized by 2 users, then the thread was moved to the Other Deals section.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I noticed that.
Kind of odd. But ah, well. I'm gonna try to take advantage of this tomorrow. Thanks to the above poster who mentioned linking accounts-- grand idea.

[quote name='pinoyunggoy']I like how Poor2More posted this "deal" on August 2nd, was criticized by 2 users, then the thread was moved to the Other Deals section.[/quote]
I don't understand why you would like that.

[quote name='CheapyD']I don't understand why you would like that.[/quote]
I don't understand either. On that note, I also like sarcasm, studying all day, and paying retail for video games.

But seriously, I just feel bad for Poor2More. He tries to post deals, then gets flamed to high heaven. Remember the $100 gift card for the purchase of a PS3 at Wal-Mart? The guy got fuckin' scorched, and in the end the deal turned out to be completely legit.

Damn it, I should just make a new Amazon account. 3 months of Prime is worth it. Are we absolutely sure you don't have to order the textbook(s)?

[quote name='graf1k']Damn it, I should just make a new Amazon account. 3 months of Prime is worth it. Are we absolutely sure you don't have to order the textbook(s)?[/quote]

If you already had a trial version of Prime then it won't work. I tried making a new account and it denied me saying that I tried Prime already.

I think they check by address?

I already had a prime trial, so I let my girlfriend do the textbook one and it worked fine (we live at the same address). She was able to invite me and everything. Try clearing your cookies, maybe?

can you make a fake account and then link it to your real account to get the trial? just read the other topic and it seems possible. anybody try this? seems like a great deal but i already did the one month trial.

Well, even if you have to go through with the BOOK purchase to get it to work, you should still be able to go back into your account and cancel the order right away (hopefully).
So, I wonder if I can get this to work, if I'm still on last months Free Prime special.
All I should need is a different email address I would assume (just sign up for Gmail). Clear out my cookies, and it should work.
Does anybody know how long this promotion is good for????
I should wait until my last month of Free is done.

Wow. That worked quite well.
I just created a new account with my gmail address.
I used my same home address, but a different credit card.
I set both of my prime memberships (old account 1 free month, and new one with 3 months), to NOT auto-Update.
Now when my old accounts one free month expires, I'll just link it to my new accounts 3 months.
Thanks for the heads up Cheapy.
I was hoping to still have Prime when Rock Band 2 comes out.

I would highly suggest this under account management / subscription settings

4g2kk3.jpg

[quote name='pinoyunggoy']I don't understand either. On that note, I also like sarcasm, studying all day, and paying retail for video games.

But seriously, I just feel bad for Poor2More. He tries to post deals, then gets flamed to high heaven. Remember the $100 gift card for the purchase of a PS3 at Wal-Mart? The guy got fuckin' scorched, and in the end the deal turned out to be completely legit.[/quote]

lol someone remembered, I tend to be the whoopen boy i guess, Thanks for the props Cheapy D from the other thread you closed.

Trust me, now I think twice before I post a deal :)

I made a new account, went through the steps in this thread, and then invited my main account to Prime. Easy way to get around having previously used a Prime trial.

This solves my preorder dilemmas (paying high tax at retail vs. waiting a couple days for free shipping). Thanks Cheapy, and everybody who posted helpful info.

yeah it works for those that already claimed a trial. Clear out cookies, sign up as a new user, do add the textbooks, go through checkout and claim the 3 month trial of prime, delete books and you'll have the trial. Clearing cookies is the kicker here.

When I originally signed up a used a fake address just in case. Then after the trial went through I changed it to my original addy. Then I sent an invite to my ORIGINAL account so now my original acct which used the original 1 month trial has a 3 month trial. I'm using that b/c I had gift card credit on it. TA DA!

Now to put out some pre-orders.
Rock band 2.
Iron Man Blu-Ray
Kill Bill Blu-ray.
ETC.
Sweet.
Maybe the'll make Rockband to a release-day item. It would be smart of them.

FYI People.
Gears of War 2 comes out on November 7th.
So with this deal, our 3 months would extend one day past the release date. Very sweet.
Or doesn't it matter with Pre-orders?

[quote name='anomynous']Doesn't matter with pre orders[/quote]

So does that mean you can pre-order things way in advance and have your prime expire for a while, and still have prime shipping?

Well this deal sounds pretty good to me, considering I would save a ton of money just buying all my textbooks for class at amazon. I'm going to have to look into this one.

[quote name='Eleo']This is awesome... And I was going to buy a PS3 pretty soon.[/quote]
I just did yesterday morning, and didn't see this first. :wall:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back