Free $5 from Surveyhead? Is it legit?

mm3n

CAGiversary!
Feedback
122 (100%)
Stumbled upon a survey site today which claims it gives you $5 just for registration. The site uses a secure connection, hence I guess it could be legit. Still was wondering if any of you have tried it out and could confirm?

Link here - https://www.surveyhead.com/

I used to use it a lot years ago and it was legit.
You will need to earn a certain amount to cash out though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I signed up about a few months ago and got the free $5. The catch is you have to have something like $20 (possibly $25, I haven't been on in ages) to cash out. If you don't do Swagbucks or any other earning site with surveys then it might be a good site. But I was DQ'd from 99% of their surveys bc I'd done them elsewhere. I got to around $17 but wasn't able to get anymore surveys so I could never cash out and stopped logging in.

I just logged back in and you can cash out at $10 but only for magazine subscriptions. You have to get to $25 in order to cash out for Amazon, Starbucks, iTunes, etc. (there is no Paypal option but some pre-paid Visa card). One more thing, they withhold money until surveys are "validated". My account shows almost $4 still pending and the last time I took a survey through them was a month ago.

Its a terrible site. Takes several months to reach $25 and cash out. When you do, there's a chance they'll ban you (unlikely but happened to a lot of people) if they find inconsistencies from the surveys you have taken (different address, age, etc). You gotta wait about a month to receive the money when you cash out.

Like other posters have said, they give you 5 bucks to start, but you can't redeem anything until you reach $10. It takes them anywhere from a day to a month for them to actually award you the cash you've earned taking surveys. Then it takes 2 weeks to a month for your gift card code to be emailed to you. And occasionally they will reject your credits for certain surveys.

Having said that, I've earned $225 from Surveyhead since I signed up in mid March, compared to $160 from Swagbucks since the end of January.

One note, if you're using both Surveyhead & Swagbucks to take surveys you'll often be offered the same surveys on each site. Sometimes you'll get to take the survey twice. Other times you'll get rejected for having already taken a survey.

Better of using a site with lower cashout requirements. A lot of sites like this one do offers where they give you a nice signup bonus but then make the minimum cashout requirements fairly high.

[quote name='GenPirate']Better of using a site with lower cashout requirements. A lot of sites like this one do offers where they give you a nice signup bonus but then make the minimum cashout requirements fairly high.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it would probably take too long.

I've signed up and done a few surveys, none of them credited. I don't think I'm gonna bother with this site after I get an amazon gift card.

I've been using SurveyHead since Jan. 2012 and I have received 3x$25 in the 6 months time I have been doing this. I recommend trying to complete one survey everyday and if possible do this on a laptop while watching TV.

It takes $25 to cash out for a gift card; I know they offer Amazon and I think they offer Newegg gift cards. It takes a while for the survey to credit and it also takes a while for them to e-mail the gift card code.

Some annoyances I have are being screened out after answering several questions, being told I have already completed a survey (so it shouldn't be available for me to click on), or part way through being told they have reached their quota.

bread's done
Back