Free $5 in amazon kindle fire games/apps for kindle fire owners

kklems

CAGiversary!
Feedback
58 (100%)
Just noticed on amazon.com homepage that they have given all kindle fire owners 500 gold coins ($5) to use for buying apps or games (and in-app purchases as well) for the kindle fire. This is automatic but I didn't receive any email and I usually don't start on amazon.com home page so people might miss this. I have the original kindle so this works for kindle 1 and 2.

I also have a Kindle Fire (first gen), and I didn't receive any email or anything concerning this. I'm also at a loss on where you go to check the coin balance. I've been searching around on Amazon's website for a while now. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: If you have a gen 1 Kindle Fire, you have to go to the Amazon.com website. Then go to the app section and pick an app to purchase. You will then be given the option to spend real money or coins on the app. That is where you can see your coin balance.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='htz']I think this is because amazon decided to use space bucks for the kindle's marketplace now.[/QUOTE]

where do I cash in my moon rocks?

[quote name='alwayscheaper']500 gold coins? What the hell is a gold coin? Is that brand new?[/QUOTE]

Mario must work at amazon now.

Whoah.. Amazon coins have Amazonian warriors on the coin, not the Amazon rainforest.

I had always pictured Amazon as a parallel for a huge forest of online shopping options that they are helping you navigate via a single website that can provide the same for less... now in my mind it is a large group of female warriors looking to slaughter their retail competition with aggressively lower prices.

Yowza. Paradigm shifted.

Thanks for the heads up!

Edit: found it funny I was taxed 12 Coins as well!

[quote name='alwayscheaper']500 gold coins? What the hell is a gold coin? Is that brand new?[/QUOTE]
This is awfully ironic given your avatar. :lol:

"Dear ______, as a thank you for being a Kindle Fire owner, we have given you 500 Amazon Coins (a $5 value) for free. Use them to shop for premium apps and games on the Amazon Appstore for Android."

I have the original FIRE (refurb) bought and linked to my amazon account. Are these Amazons version of reward points?

[quote name='jstew9']Thanks for the heads up!

Edit: found it funny I was taxed 12 Coins as well![/QUOTE]

WTF? I don't think they can legally do that. How can they tax their coins? IRS can only tax stuff in US dollars and maybe other real currency. Other org going to collect taxes on bitcoins next and other faux currency as well?

Any way to get more free coins?

[quote name='nixmahn']Are these Amazons version of reward points?
[/QUOTE]
No, they are virtual currency for amazon's app store. You know like Microsoft Points for Xbox Live Marketplace.

casuals love coins! they think they can earn more by buying stuff with coins

also i have no idea how to check my coins, when i went to the amazon website i got a splash about the coins

[quote name='tokyostomp']casuals love coins! they think they can earn more by buying stuff with coins

also i have no idea how to check my coins, when i went to the amazon website i got a splash about the coins[/QUOTE]

Try to buy an app and u can choose coins

[quote name='thefurrypanda']Try to buy an app and u can choose coins[/QUOTE]

i am a bit weary as it's a one click buy. and i have some giftcards on my account that i would not prefer to use

It looks like there's a benefit of using coins instead of cash. You get up to 10% off purchases.

Looks like you have to spend at least $45 to get the maximum 10% discount.

As I only buy the occasional 99 cent game...I probably won't stock up.

So there's no way to check the balance unless you select one-click buy and you have more than zero?

That has to be fixed. The Kindle I use has been wiped and running AOSP stuff, but I once connected it to my account as a Kindle Fire. Wonder if that's enough.

I bought Minecraft Pocket Edition for 400 coins. Not bad for free. Too bad both of my kindles are on one account, or I would have gotten $10 instead of $5.

Ah well, the benefit of sharing purchased apps between devices outweighs the occasional negative.

Edit: Spent the rest of my free coins on Scribblenauts Remix.

[quote name='Rictor']I bought Minecraft Pocket Edition for 400 coins. Not bad for free. Too bad both of my kindles are on one account, or I would have gotten $10 instead of $5.

Ah well, the benefit of sharing purchased apps between devices outweighs the occasional negative.

Edit: Spent the rest of my free coins on Scribblenauts Remix.[/QUOTE]

I may get the same two. I've never seen Minecraft on sale on iTunes - odd that it is on sale (normally $6.99 or presumably 699 coins) here now. I might as well grab it.

Not sure why everyone is shaq-fuing. The coins are just another way you can pay, they still take dollars. Free Minecraft on my tablets? Ok. Thanks Amazon.

[quote name='Trelow']Not sure why everyone is shaq-fuing. The coins are just another way you can pay, they still take dollars. Free Minecraft on my tablets? Ok. Thanks Amazon.[/QUOTE]

I think it's just that it sort of came out of nowhere - they've always had Kindle gift cards so it seems strange to add another different sort of thing. They didn't have coins before today, right? Now, if I can buy "coins" cards at Gamestop (using all my credit there) I will be happy.

[quote name='io']I ma get the same two. I've never seen Minecraft on sale on iTunes - odd that it is on sale (normally $6.99 or presumably 699 coins) here now. I might as well grab it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for minecraft tip. Picked that up and to boot I think I get $1 mp3 credit for the purchase. Free minecraft and a tune works.

For those looking for their balance make sure you are signed in and go to any page with a kindle fire app/game and you will see your total coins. Above one click button and below the real money purchase option.

I wasn't charged tax for my game but I don't normally get charged tax.

[quote name='Rictor']I bought Minecraft Pocket Edition for 400 coins. Not bad for free. Too bad both of my kindles are on one account, or I would have gotten $10 instead of $5.

Edit: Spent the rest of my free coins on Scribblenauts Remix.[/QUOTE]

Nice find on Minecraft. Thanks.
I'll do that and see what else to get. Kinda tired of Scribblenauts, in general

And if it matters, checked my email and Amazon did send me a notice about the coin deal. Though noticed this thread before seeing the email

EDIT: thinking of grabbing P v Z with my last dollar, as if I haven't played enough of it already. And Fieldrunners is another good choice at $2.99, assuming you haven't got it yet. Oooh, just saw League of Evil on there too.

So, after buying Minecraft I have essentially enough left for one 99 cent game. What is the best game that little kids (preschoolers) would enjoy? That sort of leaves out Scribblenauts (need something that doesn't require lots of reading).

So far the only game I have actually bought on the Kindle Fire is Plants vs Zombies. Otherwise, we've gotten some good stuff via the daily free app (though sometimes I forget to check).

[quote name='io']So, after buying Minecraft I have essentially enough left for one 99 cent game. What is the best game that little kids (preschoolers) would enjoy? That sort of leaves out Scribblenauts (need something that doesn't require lots of reading).

So far the only game I have actually bought on the Kindle Fire is Plants vs Zombies. Otherwise, we've gotten some good stuff via the daily free app (though sometimes I forget to check).[/QUOTE]

Airport Mania games, Fruit Ninja games. If you wanna get'em started on learning states there's US flash cards for a buck

bread's done
Back