Free Alan Wake DLC Xbox Live

It's more of the fact that more and more games put the "True Ending" in DLC by giving cliff hanger endings.

Though some I didn't notice like AC: Revelations, and Dead Space 3.
You're not wrong, but given the episodic nature of Alan Wake I thought
"It's not a lake, it's an ocean"
was an appropriate ending. I feel like it would have been a good setup for a sequel if the game hadn't come out on the same day as Red Dead Redemption, and had garbage sales as a result. The DLC does wrap everything up, though.

Asura's Wrath was exactly the scenario you describe. But that game is also so fuckin' rad that it's absolutely worth it.

You're not wrong, but given the episodic nature of Alan Wake I thought
"It's not a lake, it's an ocean"
was an appropriate ending. I feel like it would have been a good setup for a sequel if the game hadn't come out on the same day as Red Dead Redemption, and had garbage sales as a result. The DLC does wrap everything up, though.

Asura's Wrath was exactly the scenario you describe. But that game is also so fuckin' rad that it's absolutely worth it.
I always thought there was going to be a sequel.

American Nightmare is.. meh

Did not enjoy quantum break at all...

Quantum break big dissapointment all around.

Agreed. I was more interested in the 6-second cameo for the Max Payne actor in the first chapter, than any other moment in the entire game. Storyline was boring, gameplay was a chore. Wave after wave, of the same pathetic enemy A.I. Shame on you Remedy. After Max Payne/Alan Wake storylines and innovative gameplay, I was expecting ALOT more than the half-handed shoddy game that Quantum Break turned out. Don't even get me started on the dated-looking graphics, even Alan Wake looks better than QBs malaised/murky looking graphics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed. I was more interested in the 6-second cameo for the Max Payne actor in the first chapter, than any other moment in the entire game. Storyline was boring, gameplay was a chore. Wave after wave, of the same pathetic enemy A.I. Shame on you Remedy. After Max Payne/Alan Wake storylines and innovative gameplay, I was expecting ALOT more than the half-handed shoddy game that Quantum Break turned out. Don't even get me started on the dated-looking graphics, even Alan Wake looks better than QBs malaised/murky looking graphics.
Yeah it just seemed way to polished and easy. For a game that I beat on hard difficulty with no problems the only time I kept dying was to get an achievement so I didn't have to go back to play through it. I kept hoping it would get better but nope. Same old action shooter.

Just wanted to agree with the rest of those who said it, but I highly recommend the Signal DLC especially.  Really gave at least a more fleshed out conclusion to the game (and a few of the many plot points that were unanswered through the original game and 1st DLC)

bread's done
Back