Free Angry Birds Star Wars for Androida at Amazon

It's the ad supported version and should always be free. It's also free in the google play store. The ad-free one still costs money.

Why doesn't iOS have an add supported version. It seems they only have "demos" instead :( Sometimes I really miss my Android phone (got this for my android tablet though, can't wait to DL it and try it out :D )

I actually found the ADs possibly more annoying in this version. After restarting/beating levels i would get a full page see hobbit trailer webpage or something and it seems most times even if i clicked the x to close it, it would open it anyway. I don't prefer it at all and bought the ad free version asap. Just my 2 cents.

The ad-supported version is indeed always free, but they took a different approach to this one; instead of releasing two separate versions of the game, there's only the free release, and you pay in the app to go ad-free.

[quote name='nitrosmob']I actually found the ADs possibly more annoying in this version. After restarting/beating levels i would get a full page see hobbit trailer webpage or something and it seems most times even if i clicked the x to close it, it would open it anyway. I don't prefer it at all and bought the ad free version asap. Just my 2 cents.[/QUOTE]
It means you're tapping on the ad when you open the menu. Otherwise that full page doesn't pop up. Just a little ad in the center of your screen.

There were interviews a long time ago about why Rovio made Angry Birds have a free version on Android versus a paid version on Apple -- and that's because it's impossible to make money selling apps on Android from their perspective.

Best article I could find at the moment but I know there's a better one out there: http://technmarketing.com/iphone/pe...out-the-birds-apple-android-nokia-and-palmhp/

Why did you decide to make the Android version free and is that going to change any time soon?
“Free is the way to go with Android. Nobody has been successful selling content on Android. We will offer a way to remove the ads by paying for the app, but we don’t expect that to be a huge revenue stream.”

[quote name='M3wThr33']Also, unlike iOS, once an Android app is free it can NEVER go back to costing money. So no rush.[/QUOTE]
not true... you just stop supporting it/selling it and release a new version of the same app. Several of the utility apps I've been using from smaller developers have done this.

[quote name='M3wThr33']Also, unlike iOS, once an Android app is free it can NEVER go back to costing money. So no rush.[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily so. A developer could "update" an app, so that now it requires an in-app purchase to unlock the content you had previously paid for. It would be a public relations nightmare and loss of most costumer, but a developer could update an app to make it free, and charge the money inside the app, thus you'd have to pay again.

I don't know of any games on iOS that have done this, but the ESPN app did something similar, where you bought the app for $2.99. Then they advertise a huge update and redesign, and in doing so, made the app free, but charged 4.99 in-app to use the same functions you had before. Again, you paid 2.99 for the app, and if you updated, you had to pay 4.99 again for the same functions you had paid initially.

http://deadspin.com/5914025/espn-ra...-of-the-sleaziest-corporate-deals-i-have-seen

[quote name='Drakee']There were interviews a long time ago about why Rovio made Angry Birds have a free version on Android versus a paid version on Apple -- and that's because it's impossible to make money selling apps on Android from their perspective.

Best article I could find at the moment but I know there's a better one out there: http://technmarketing.com/iphone/pe...out-the-birds-apple-android-nokia-and-palmhp/

Why did you decide to make the Android version free and is that going to change any time soon?
“Free is the way to go with Android. Nobody has been successful selling content on Android. We will offer a way to remove the ads by paying for the app, but we don’t expect that to be a huge revenue stream.”[/QUOTE]

I would agree and even recommend any developer to do this. the Android market has more users who don't pay for apps, since it seems relatively easier to "pirate" apps from what I understand (I've never owned an Android device, so I am only speaking from what I heard of friends who recommend me android, since they say its better cause they never got to pay for any games, etc. Again, no idea how this works).

bread's done
Back