Free Avatar Award for Xbox Live Preview Participants

Chemosh013

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Hey all,

I guess this deal isn't open to everyone but wanted to make a thread to make sure people didn't miss out.

If you were in the Preview Program site, go here to get your award - https://connect.microsoft.com/XboxLIVEUpdate/productkey/availableproductkeys.aspx [Thanks COLDblood]

THANK YOU!

The latest Xbox LIVE Update has now released to the entire Xbox community World Wide!!!
Check it out

We are now bringing to a close the latest round of the Xbox LIVE Update Program for our Preview audience. Your participation in the program over the last few months has been absolutely critical to releasing this latest update and we appreciate your involvement. Look for future opportunities posted on Major Nelson to join in the next round of the program slated for Fall 2011-We have some exciting updates planned!

As a token of our gratitude, we would like to provide you with an Avatar Award representative of this program. You can claim your reward by logging onto the Connect site, using the left-hand navigation to select "Product Keys" --> then select "Request New Product Key" --> then select "Get Key".

Use the Xbox LIVE Code displayed to redeem your reward: Halo Reach - Mark V Flaming Avatar Helmet

Go to xbox.com for instructions on how to redeem an Xbox LIVE code:
http://support.xbox.com/en-us/pages/xbox-live/how-to/prepaid-codes.aspx

DEADLINE: You have until June 10th 2011, to retrieve your reward code from the Connect Site. After that we will remove access to the program and you will not be able to redeem the reward.

Thank you again for your support & participation.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nypickle']didn't get the email yet but was able to sign into the Connect site and request my key. Thanks for the heads up OP![/QUOTE]

I was just going to post that, as I have not gotten my email yet. But I was still able to sign in and get it!

ca1f5f.png

[quote name='crazedimp321']Hmm I participated in the Xbox Preview update but don't see an email from them yet.[/QUOTE]

you can probably just log in like a couple of us have and claim your key. I got the email literally 2 minutes ago and redeemed for my code before I got the email.

I didn't get an e-mail, but I went to the Connect site & checked and I was able to get a code.

I knew this looked familiar. Took me awhile to remember it was the pre-order bonus for the Halo Reach DLC.

It's a nice little bonus, though I kind of wish it was exclusive like with other betas. Oh well, I'm still happy.

[quote name='bfett9']if anyone does not want their helmet willing to trade a 48 hour live code for their helmet code![/QUOTE]

That is a shitty trade right there.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']That is a shitty trade right there.[/QUOTE]

Holy shit, these codes are going for around $40 on eBay. Wish I didn't use mine now.. oh well.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']That is a shitty trade right there.[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm $50 on ebay or a 48hr code.... its hard to choose! :lol:

[quote name='Zekolot']Does the code expire on June 10th does that just mean you are no longer able to access the site to get the code.[/QUOTE]

Thats just the last date you can request the code

If you had the avatar flaming helmet from preordering the first map pack at Gamestop than this is the same exact helmet. I double checked by going into my avatar setup and it does say "Mark V Flaming Helmet," so now I have an extra. It looks like these are going for $15-20 on ebay now. I just put mine up for $10, just to try to get something out of an extra code. Basically getting the cost of that first map pack back.

Thanks much, OP!

For those that redeemed the code, did you do it via the xbox.com site or through the console dash? For some reason the code I entered into the site didn't take and I'm not near my console at the moment to check it out. If it won't take either way when I get home in an hour, I may have to call customer service to figure things out.

Should I sell my code or use it?

Edit: Actually, not worth selling. I checked eBay and the code that's worth 50 bucks is the in-game flaming helmet not the Avatar helmet we received codes for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the notice, OP. And it's good to see COLDblood finally got he's World Record Avatar Shirt.

[quote name='dumlaox']For those that redeemed the code, did you do it via the xbox.com site or through the console dash? [/QUOTE]

I redeemed mine via the xbox.com.

[quote name='GenPirate']Should I sell my code or use it?

Edit: Actually, not worth selling. I checked eBay and the code that's worth 50 bucks is the in-game flaming helmet not the Avatar helmet we received codes for.[/QUOTE]

Actually, until an hour or so ago, the only avatar helmets listed were at about $40 at the lowest. Now that everyone is getting them from this, more are listed. Give it a week or two and the price will go back up I'm sure.

i cant find it any way on the site.got a email saying(
As a token of our gratitude, we would like to provide you with an Avatar Award representative of this program. You can claim your reward by logging onto the Connect site, using the left-hand navigation to select "Product Keys"à then select "Request New Product Key"à then select "Get Key".
Use the Xbox LIVE Code displayed to redeem your reward: Halo Reach - Mark V Flaming Avatar) just cant find it.please someone help.

link in post 1 takes you directly to it, then u just hit "get key or request key" i forget which it says, then the code shows up right where it said previous "get key"

[quote name='Glowin Smurff']Nobody noticed it says not to give out the code?

thanks for posting this as for some reason the damn emails from the connect stuff never show up in my mailbox.[/QUOTE]

Like anyone ever obeys that shit. Lets be honest here... if we all listened to ToS and such, 99% of CAG would be gone.

[quote name='Glowin Smurff']Nobody noticed it says not to give out the code?

thanks for posting this as for some reason the damn emails from the connect stuff never show up in my mailbox.[/QUOTE]

I would think that this would mostly refer to actual software, instead of just an avatar item.

[quote name='ViperEvilGames']i dont see it on the site i log in but no key on left just see where it say bug.do i have to download something[/QUOTE]

Did you use this link that was provided in the first post https://connect.microsoft.com/XboxLIVEUpdate/productkey/availableproductkeys.aspx?

If you did, do you see Return to Product Keys (click that) or do you see a link that says Product Keys on the left it should under XBOX Live Update Home & Preview Update links? If you do click the Product Keys link.

bread's done
Back