Free Barenaked Ladies (the band) download

Hbomb5

CAGiversary!
Hey, guys.

Barenaked Ladies have an audio version of their recent concert at Universal Studios (their first without singer Steven Page) available as a free download on their website. Very good show, very good music, but it's only free until March 27.

[quote name='rcannon']Thanks OP! They are one of the best bands I've ever seen in concert.[/quote]

They are awesome, aren't they. I actually attended this concert- my first. (Never made it to one with Steve.)

Downloading it as I type this, didn't hear about Page leaving. I'm kinda skeptical so I had to check it out. Thanks OP.

[quote name='javeryh']I think he got kicked out for being a cokehead.[/quote]

No, that happened like 6 months prior. I would think if they were to kick him out for that, they would've done it on the spot. Besides, the charges were dropped.

As for what the band is saying, Page left to work on a solo career. Steven Page is a very talented singer and songwriter. (I highly recommend looking up "The Vanity Project" on iTunes.)

They haven't been as great the last 10 years anyways.

However 20ish songs for free is great, some of the songs... not so great.

I downloaded this yesterday, but for some reason, the folder wouldn't unzip properly. Did anyone else have that problem and/or can anyone solve it?

Anyway, they're not what the used to be (Barenaked Ladies Are Me is one of the worst albums I've ever heard, and I've been a huge fan for a decade), but 20 free songs is 20 free songs.

Sweet. I love anything that musically involves CheapyD. ;)

twen-cheapydbnl.jpg

[quote name='kicking222']I downloaded this yesterday, but for some reason, the folder wouldn't unzip properly. Did anyone else have that problem and/or can anyone solve it?[/quote]

I did, the thing said there was nothing to unzip. Just download it again and it should work.

Some songs are MUCH worse, some sound the same. i think the band will be fine once they get used to everything.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']I laughed at (The band) part, though now that I think about it the destinction may have been necessary.[/quote]
haha, me too

Yeehaw, worked the second time. After going through a few songs at random... "Shopping" is awful, but to be fair, it was never a good song in the first place. "For You" is fine, but to be fair, it's one of my favorite BNL songs, and Ed has always sung the lead. And whoever is now doing the vocals on "Maybe Katie" besides Ed- Kevin, I think?- is good. So, from this sample, it's essentially exactly what I would expect. If you're a fan, get it; if you're kind of a fan, get it because it's free; if you're not a fan, this won't convince you to become one.

Thanks OP! I'm a huge fan of theirs, but for some reason I hadn't heard of this coming out. Just grabbed it. Interesting that Page has left.

[quote name='kicking222']Yeehaw, worked the second time. After going through a few songs at random... "Shopping" is awful, but to be fair, it was never a good song in the first place. "For You" is fine, but to be fair, it's one of my favorite BNL songs, and Ed has always sung the lead. And whoever is now doing the vocals on "Maybe Katie" besides Ed- Kevin, I think?- is good. So, from this sample, it's essentially exactly what I would expect. If you're a fan, get it; if you're kind of a fan, get it because it's free; if you're not a fan, this won't convince you to become one.[/quote]

Jim's on "Maybe Katie" (and with Ed on "Get in Line".) Kevin does "Sound of Your Voice", "Shopping", and Steve's part on "If I Had $1,000,000". I'm looking forward to the new album this fall.

Oh, and if you haven't downloaded it yet, it's only free until Friday.

bread's done
Back