Free Battlefield 1943 Reminder - IF YOU'VE BOUGHT BF3 / HAVE ONLINE PASS...for PS3

Muthafodder

Banned
Feel free to move to freebies...but I had forgot all about the free voucher.

Pretty sure you need to have purchased the game and have it attached to your EA account.

North America can redeem beginning today.

EDIT - Updated thread title for the tards on board.

------------------------------------------------------------------

There have been some misunderstandings around Battlefield 1943 and Battlefield 3. To address this we are making Battlefield 1943 available free of charge to owners of Battlefield 3 on the PS3. Vouchers will be made available for these customers via this site for a minimum of six months. Battlefield 1943 PlayStation®3 vouchers will be available beginning on the dates below:

• Battlefield 1943 PlayStation®3 vouchers are available now for PlayStation®Network Sony Europe
  • Battlefield 1943 PlayStation®3 vouchers are available now for PlayStation®Network Sony America
  • December 17th, 2011 for Battlefield 3 players on PlayStation®Network Sony Asia and Sony Japan
Please note that vouchers are region-specific. Sony Europe vouchers will only work in Europe and will not work in America, Asia, or Japan.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like this may not be only for one day...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Muthafodder']Someone without the game should report whether or not it works...maybe all you need IS an EA account?[/QUOTE]

No, as mentioned, you need the game's Online pass for it to work. If you log in to your EA account without the pass activated it will say:
In order to collect a Battlefield 1943 voucher you must first redeem your Battlefield 3 Online Pass for PlayStation®3.
Please redeem your Online Pass, and try again.

im a player without the game and i tried it, i got this

ACTIVATE YOUR BATTLEFIELD 3 ONLINE PASS

In order to collect a Battlefield 1943 voucher you must first redeem your Battlefield 3 Online Pass for PlayStation®3.
Please redeem your Online Pass, and try again.

Thanks! I completely forgot about this. I had this game from my brother's account. Now I will have it on my own.

Gonna give it a try have an online pass here I got from the B2G1 GS had a while back, hopefully it is valid probably isn't but fingers crossed.

Thanks for the reminder, OP

[quote name='VaultDweller']Misleading title, its not free, i have to buy battlefield 3[/QUOTE]

CAGs will find a way to complain about anything, won't they?

If it's not relevant to you, then move along... nothing to see here.

[quote name='KirbyLovesTacos']I don't know what to do with it. I already have one.[/QUOTE]

You're about to get PMs in 3...2...1

I'm surprised they didnt make it so only current owners could redeem. Either way, nice ^_^.

Since i already had it, selling mine off or trading it

[quote name='MochaRaf']Lol, i guess I should have bought Bf3 for PS3 instead of 360, oh well.[/QUOTE]

Do you want my code Mocha?

[quote name='Muthafodder']You're about to get PMs in 3...2...1[/QUOTE]

I'm still counting sadly. :(

[quote name='dennisb407']Im with the live EA chat person now, I redeemed my LE online pass on 11/2 but its saying I havent[/QUOTE]

You have to play an online game for it to link to your EA / Origin account.

[quote name='KirbyLovesTacos']Hint: I'm not a child, yet I'm not an old man either.

Age 16-30. You only get 2 guesses.[/QUOTE]

Dude 30+ is not an old man...is it?

[quote name='boosted02gt']Thanks op I grabbed mine now. Already got rid of Battlefield 3 so I hope it works without the disc.[/QUOTE]

Now I hope u need it :lol: what you trade it for MW 3

[quote name='oasisboy']Is this the same game that came with BF 2 Ultimate edition?[/QUOTE]
Yes. Plus I'm guessing you mean Bad Company 2.

[quote name='KirbyLovesTacos']Contest over. NismoZ32 got the prize.[/QUOTE]

Just wanna post a thank you here as well. I really appreciate it! Can't wait to try it out. :)

Thanks OP, I still can't seem to get my code and Poonab isn't understanding the issue... So I'll try to redeem it later. I don't even want the code Tbh. I was prob just going to give it away....if I even get it.

[quote name='dennisb407']Im with the live EA chat person now, I redeemed my LE online pass on 11/2 but its saying I havent[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Muthafodder']You have to play an online game for it to link to your EA / Origin account.[/QUOTE]

I hope there's a way around this; I already traded in my copy without going online because I didn't want to download the patch… and because I needed to make the Amazon trade-in deadline…

EDIT: I'm trying to find the EA live chat link, but it's proving difficult to find (support.ea.com/chat doesn't work, and neither does the first Google link). I can't even find the old "Contact Us" links from their help.ea.com page. Some help would be appreciated, thanks!

[quote name='ragingst0rm6']I hope there's a way around this; I already traded in my copy without going online because I didn't want to download the patch… and because I needed to make the Amazon trade-in deadline...[/QUOTE]

borrow the game from somebody? or if you want to risk it you can tell them you don't have the game anymore

I was all over this when EA said they were giving PS3 BF3 owners BF1943 "free", but I knew there would be a catch.

Since I have the LE version online pass, that means I also get access to the Return To Karkand mp maps for BF3, but I have no fucking desire whatsoever to play BF3 online. Yet once I try to grab BF1943, I might as well, since the online pass(and likely the RTK pack) will be redeemed.

Right behind GS and WM, EA is the devil.

[quote name='rpnguyen']borrow the game from somebody? or if you want to risk it you can tell them you don't have the game anymore[/QUOTE]

Worst comes to worst, I can always buy and return a used copy from GameStop. I just wish there was a way to avoid having to download the patch/go online entirely; I really hate using up my hard-drive space with useless junk (you never know how large those patches might end up becoming; I was going to try out MAG and Bad Company 2 online, but I saw those patch sizes and decided to pass).

EDIT: Battlefield 3 patch 1.02 (from vanilla): 730+ MB! Thant's bigger than the actual download for Battlefield 1943!

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I think I'll just be a dick and let it expire since I bought 1943 a long time ago.[/QUOTE]

Or you could just be a nice guy instead and give it to me. :p

[quote name='ragingst0rm6']Worst comes to worst, I can always buy and return a used copy from GameStop. I just wish there was a way to avoid having to download the patch/go online entirely; I really hate using up my hard-drive space with useless junk (you never know how large those patches might end up becoming; I was going to try out MAG and Bad Company 2 online, but I saw those patch sizes and decided to pass).

EDIT: Battlefield 3 patch 1.02 (from vanilla): 730+ MB! Thant's bigger than the actual download for Battlefield 1943![/QUOTE]
That's one thing that annoys the piss outta me with games this gen, is that sometimes the patches for them are as large as the install files for them.:whistle2:#

If your games are THAT fucked up when they're gonna be released, then don't release them.:bomb:

[quote name='Muthafodder']You have to play an online game for it to link to your EA / Origin account.[/QUOTE]

Ok, so I just managed to get a voucher code for Battlefield 1943; I didn't actually have to play an online game, but I did update to the latest patch and was signed in to PSN to download and 'activate'/install the online pass from my Downloads History. (I patched first, and then remembered that I never actually installed the Online pass after I redeemed the code.)

I wonder if this would work:
1. Redeem, download, and 'activate'/install the online pass while still on the vanilla version of Battlefield 3
2. Insert the game disc/Start the game while still signed on to PSN

Obviously, you wouldn't be able to actually play an online game since you're not fully updated, but it might be possible for the EA servers to recognize your online pass w/out needing to download the 730+ MB 1.02 patch. It depends on whether the EA servers authenticate your online pass first and then check your game version, or check your game version before your online pass.

speaking of the patch, is anybody having trouble while playing the campaign?

ever since i downloaded the patch, while playing the campaign i'm sent back to the main menu and it says i lost my EA connection

i now can't play through the campaign, anybody else having this problem

If you buy a used Battlefield 3 and buy the online pass off the psn, would you still be eligible for this offer? Or is it only for those who redeemed the limited edition online pass?

bread's done
Back