Free Battlefield 1943 Reminder - IF YOU'VE BOUGHT BF3 / HAVE ONLINE PASS...for PS3

Muthafodder

Banned
Feel free to move to freebies...but I had forgot all about the free voucher.

Pretty sure you need to have purchased the game and have it attached to your EA account.

North America can redeem beginning today.

EDIT - Updated thread title for the tards on board.

------------------------------------------------------------------

There have been some misunderstandings around Battlefield 1943 and Battlefield 3. To address this we are making Battlefield 1943 available free of charge to owners of Battlefield 3 on the PS3. Vouchers will be made available for these customers via this site for a minimum of six months. Battlefield 1943 PlayStation®3 vouchers will be available beginning on the dates below:

• Battlefield 1943 PlayStation®3 vouchers are available now for PlayStation®Network Sony Europe
  • Battlefield 1943 PlayStation®3 vouchers are available now for PlayStation®Network Sony America
  • December 17th, 2011 for Battlefield 3 players on PlayStation®Network Sony Asia and Sony Japan
Please note that vouchers are region-specific. Sony Europe vouchers will only work in Europe and will not work in America, Asia, or Japan.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like this may not be only for one day...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Outrun9']If you buy a used Battlefield 3 and buy the online pass off the psn, would you still be eligible for this offer? Or is it only for those who redeemed the limited edition online pass?[/QUOTE]

It worked for me using an online pass that came with the regular edition.

As for using an online pass bought from PSN…. I can definitely imagine it working, although somebody will need to try it first and report success or failure.

Slight segue way: Does anyone know if redeeming a Limited Edition online-pass code ON TOP of already using one from the regular edition will net you the Karkand DLC? Or does the LE code require the LE-disc for whatever reason?

Reason I ask is because the code I got from this BF3 promo is just spare, as I already have 1943 from the BC2 Ultimate Edition.

[quote name='kinney_bmx']Worked perfectly. Glad I saw this before I forgot. Already have it on 360 but I'm not gonna pass a free game up[/QUOTE]
Worked as well here ... I've only used a 360 copy online with my EA account, but I've now generated a PSN code. Thanks!!!

[quote name='mastagoalie']bet at 31, I could still school you kid... class is in session all day everyday[/QUOTE]

You lost for taking him so seriously.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I was all over this when EA said they were giving PS3 BF3 owners BF1943 "free", but I knew there would be a catch.

Since I have the LE version online pass, that means I also get access to the Return To Karkand mp maps for BF3, but I have no fucking desire whatsoever to play BF3 online. Yet once I try to grab BF1943, I might as well, since the online pass(and likely the RTK pack) will be redeemed.

Right behind GS and WM, EA is the devil.[/QUOTE]

So EA is the devil because they "tricked" you into playing online? I don't follow.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I was all over this when EA said they were giving PS3 BF3 owners BF1943 "free", but I knew there would be a catch.

Since I have the LE version online pass, that means I also get access to the Return To Karkand mp maps for BF3, but I have no fucking desire whatsoever to play BF3 online. Yet once I try to grab BF1943, I might as well, since the online pass(and likely the RTK pack) will be redeemed.

Right behind GS and WM, EA is the devil.[/QUOTE]

I'll gladly give you my copy of 1943 for your pass =P

[quote name='gettinmoney662']
So EA is the devil because they "tricked" you into playing online? I don't follow.[/QUOTE]
No. EA is the devil because I believe they were one of the first companies to start this 'online pass' bullshit and for them charging $10 a pop for one if you don't have one with the games you buy.

If it was $5 for an online pass, I might get a generic one from PSN so I don't have to cash in my LE version's pass, which also has the Karkand content(which is worth $15) for BF3, which I don't plan on playing AT ALL.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']No. EA is the devil because I believe they were one of the first companies to start this 'online pass' bullshit and for them charging $10 a pop for one if you don't have one with the games you buy.

If it was $5 for an online pass, I might get a generic one from PSN so I don't have to cash in my LE version's pass, which also has the Karkand content(which is worth $15) for BF3, which I don't plan on playing AT ALL.[/QUOTE]

So EA is the devil, yet you plan on profiting from the devil's work? Does that make you the devil's spawn?

Touche. But no, I probably would just trade the LE pass here for an equally priced PSN game, while using a generic pass to get this BF1943 game and maybe play a lil online w/ BF3 IF it wasn't $10 a frickin' pop.

DL'd this last night and have had a blast! So many memories from playing 1942 on pc. I am better at this than bf3. Probably because I'm used to the weapon recoil and the maps.

is there a way for someone to "give" BF: 1943 to someone else?
i really want it but i dont have BF3 :(.

or could i just buy the online pass on PSN and then download it, or do i need the BF disc?

[quote name='BFox549']is there a way for someone to "give" BF: 1943 to someone else?
i really want it but i dont have BF3 :(.

or could i just buy the online pass on PSN and then download it, or do i need the BF disc?[/QUOTE]

I'll sell it to you for less than it is on PSN....

[quote name='Steadymobbin']how does this shit work ?
i tried re downloading the pass and bf1943 is still $9.99[/QUOTE]

You go to the url in the op and choose your platform then login to your ea account you will get a bf 1943 redemption code for psn.

[quote name='Steadymobbin']how does this shit work ?
i tried re downloading the pass and bf1943 is still $9.99[/QUOTE]
I could be completely wrong, but the game unlock unlocks the full game from the demo.

so i redeemed my online pass. but when i try to get my code it says:
"In order to collect a Battlefield 1943 voucher you must first redeem your Battlefield 3 Online Pass for PlayStation®3. Please redeem your Online Pass, and try again."
my internet is absolute crap where I am and won't even connect to EA servers when i boot the disc up... i don't think i'll ever be able to get this redemption code until i'm back home in 4 months. i'm sure it will expire by then. BRUTAL!

[quote name='kevL0CK']so i redeemed my online pass. but when i try to get my code it says:
"In order to collect a Battlefield 1943 voucher you must first redeem your Battlefield 3 Online Pass for PlayStation®3. Please redeem your Online Pass, and try again."
my internet is absolute crap where I am and won't even connect to EA servers when i boot the disc up... i don't think i'll ever be able to get this redemption code until i'm back home in 4 months. i'm sure it will expire by then. BRUTAL![/QUOTE]

It doesn't expire for 6 months

It's nice to see EA stepping up and make good on their (or Sony's ?) E3 promise of Battlefield 1943 being included as this was the main reason why I purchased the PS3 version.

[quote name='kevL0CK']so i redeemed my online pass. but when i try to get my code it says:
my internet is absolute crap where I am and won't even connect to EA servers when i boot the disc up... i don't think i'll ever be able to get this redemption code until i'm back home in 4 months. i'm sure it will expire by then. BRUTAL![/QUOTE]
Go here: https://account.qriocity.com/pc/login.action

There you can redeem PSN codes. Therefore, you could probably be able to redeem the online pass + the BF 1943 code.

Just a general observation that someone might find helpful:

In discussion about the possibility of trading this code on another site, I had heard from a user who had not redeemed an online pass for Battlefield 3, but was still able to redeem the code for BF1943 without issue.

My theory is that it will work as long as the PSN ID attempting to redeem the code has been linked to an EA account. So if that is true, it should be as easy as going to the EA website, creating an account and linking your PSN ID to it manually.

I haven't actually tried this, but it might be worth a shot for someone else.

[quote name='eLefAdEr']Just a general observation that someone might find helpful:

In discussion about the possibility of trading this code on another site, I had heard from a user who had not redeemed an online pass for Battlefield 3, but was still able to redeem the code for BF1943 without issue.

My theory is that it will work as long as the PSN ID attempting to redeem the code has been linked to an EA account. So if that is true, it should be as easy as going to the EA website, creating an account and linking your PSN ID to it manually.

I haven't actually tried this, but it might be worth a shot for someone else.[/QUOTE]
Interesting. I already have an EA online account, so maybe I'll try this first.:) Thanks for the idea.

OK, I tried to click on the link that Mutherfodder had on his original post and it froze my laptop. I had to do a hard reset and when I got on the site, it happened again. I rebooted my laptop again and it had a bunch of corrupted files. I checked this post to see if anyone else had a problem and discovered that Motherfodder had been banned. Something isn't right. Until I hear something from the mods, I would advise not clicking on anything in Motherfodder's original post.

Did you click on the "I forgot that I had a free voucher" part? It takes you to what appears to be. Battlefield.com screen and then asks you to click what language or country you're from. If you clicked in that link and it worked, then hopefully there isn't a virus. Seems strange that I had a problem and the guy got banned though.

I had no issue when viewing it from the OP link. The site is actually tied to the official EA/DICE battlefield.com page, so there should be no cause for alarm.

Motherfodder's banning could be for any number of reasons that we don't see (arguments in PM's, other threads, w/e), so it's probably not related to his post. The website hard-crashing your laptop is probably something on your end. I'd try reinstalling your browser.

Thanks for looking into this Aots and Pork Chop. Cheapy D's mods believe that there is no problem with the link as well. With all three of you agreeing that it seems to be safe, there shouldn't be any further cause for alarm. Thanks again guys!

Hey I need some help on how to get this,ill explain, please message me on psn mikebiz401 I would really appreciate it.

bread's done
Back