Free Best Buy $10 RZ Holiday Certificate YMMV

sarma81

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I haven't seen this posted here so forgive me if it's a repost. Anyone remember the BB holiday certificate fiasco from last year? Well guess what? It's back! Check your RZ accounts as you may have received a $10 cert. If you didn't get one, call up the RZ customer service at 888-237-8289 and simply ask. They're super nice this year about issuing them to callers. BTW credit goes to addai29 at SD for the info. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
I got one on my account. Now All I need to do is call them up and complain about them not marking two games I bought for the Buy 5 get $100 promo before I go redeem this thing.

oh god, didn't BB learn their lesson last year from people calling and whining when they didn't get a holiday certificate?

Or have they simply told their reps to hang up on the whiners?

this YMMV crap gets old. Seriously, if they're giving these out to any RZ member, then give it to all RZ members.

Not a handful here, a handful there..

Okay, the people who spend MAYBE $150 at BBY each year compared to someone like me, who has spent $2350 since February... yea, not that fair

Didn't get one last time, didn't get one this time. What are the qualifications for getting one, anyway? And what should I ask for if I call them?

Didn't get one and i bought a lot of stuff from them this year. Last year i barley shopped there and i got one. I think its just random on who gets it and who doesn't.

Apparently it's the same BS as last year. They're giving it to ppl who haven't spent much in a while to get them to come in. When I called, I told the rep that a few of my buddies got $10 reward certificates for the holidays and wanted to know when I'd be receiving mine. He took 30 seconds and came back to tell me he credited my acct with $10. Simple as that! Doesn't change the fact that BB has horrible marketing strategies. How about rewarding us spenders for a change?

I didn't get one.

Here's my essay of me complaining about why I'm entitled to one:
Not really. None of you are entitled to on. Sorry.

Didn't get one last year, didn't get one this year. Odd, since I don't spend a whole lot there and that seems to be who they give it to.

Gonna give them a call tommorow (Worked for me last year)

Spent about 1000$ there btw, so maybe thats why i didnt get one. Still a dumb strategy, piss off your best spenders, reward people who barely shop anyway

I've spent about $500 there since the beginning of the year. Granted that's not that much but still it would be nice to get one of these certificates since I missed out last time.

the woman on the phone said i had to be a silver member did you guys spend over 2500 dollars cause the woman said ihad to to get the certificate

well looks like I'll be calling them tomorrow on behalf of both mine and my dad's accounts

of course I bet my sister got one and will just let it expire like she does all her certs (Best Buy must love her)

Don't let them BS you. I spent about $400 this year and am not a silver member. A few ppl on SD got the runaround. They called back and spoke with someone else who gave them the cert. Persistence pays off!

I just called as well, I hardly ever buy from them, but I figured it was worth a shot. The lady said it was a totally random selection(sure....) and that they might send out more before the holiday season. I asked if there was any way to up my chances, and of course, nothing. Oh well, 2 minutes of my time wasted.

[quote name='poprockfan']the woman on the phone said i had to be a silver member did you guys spend over 2500 dollars cause the woman said ihad to to get the certificate[/QUOTE]

The person you talked to was wrong since from what I read on SD, if you are Premier Silver, you are less likely to get a certificate. I have been a Premier Silver member since 2009 and didn't get a certificate this year or last year.

Hopefully I'll get one this time too. Are they being sent out in waves or is it a you either have it now or you're not getting one type deal?

none for me. i guess i'll give them a call later on

i remember getting a $20 rz certificate for no reason last year (and i rarely shop at best buy)

Not this again. Although I will probably call again, hopefully I get a certificate so I can buy myself some super cheap game day after Xmas like last year, when I got UFC and Splinter Cell for like $25 total

None for me, but I don't spend enough to warrant it so it's fine. would have made me get rocksmith tomorrow, but I'll continue to wait till the coupon expires (Got the deal of the day open, and ready to refresh :D)

Holy crap! Thanks for this thread! I went and looked to see if I had one. Not only did they give me a ten dollar certificate (issued 11/03), I realized there was an additional one issued on August 30th that I didn't know was there. The one from August must be from when I bought a new video card but that was the last I bought anything there so the one from 11/03 must be one of the random ones! Sweeeeeeeeet! Saving these for BF!

For the record...I'm a premiere silver member.

No cert for me. Haven't bought much from BB since that and Gamestop are my last two destinations to get games.

I just checked my account and I have a 5 dollar certificate.....AHHHHHH RAAAAAGGGGGEEEEE!!!!

no, but 5 bucks is ok.

bread's done
Back