Free Best Buy $10 RZ Holiday Certificate YMMV

[quote name='Lord Humongous']Pretty shameful that so many CAGers are calling and asking for $10...[/QUOTE]

I called and asked if I was eligible for this promotion. They looked, didn't see it on the account and offered to apply it. Not once did I do anything against my strong moral compass. I consider that far from begging, complaining I didn't do something or anything of the like. I'm happy to see that Best Buy, even being the largest electronic retailer in the US, takes care of customers. This earns them my business in the long run. It's old school customer relations and I dig it.

[quote name='Lord Humongous']Pretty shameful that so many CAGers are calling and asking for $10...[/QUOTE]

The big box retailers take enough of our money it's time we get some back

WARNING:

The BBRZ guy on the phone asked me "so you're missing one too," and "where did I hear about this $10 certificate from", so I'm guessing a lot of you are calling already.

He then told me those certificates were only given to select Premier members for spending over $2,500 dollars for the year.

Anyone trying to abuse the system will be reported and can take 30 days before accounts being suspended.

Good thing for me, I told him that I'm a Premier and spent over $2,500 already, and he got my information and confirmed it in my account.

Thanks for the heads-up, OP--I was able to get the $10 certificate added to my account. I called and spoke with a very friendly rep (Michael), asking if I could have the certificate applied to my account since several people I knew were discovering it in their accounts. He said "Oh, absolutely" and put me on hold for less than a minute before returning and saying "OK, I applied the balance to your account, and you should see it within 24--no, wait, right away, I just did it." :lol: The certificate is already in my account. I noticed that it doesn't expire until 3/3/12, so as long as BBY doesn't have any mind-blowing sales that will compel me to use the certificate, I could use it when I pick up my FFXIII-2 preorder! ;)

What a great experience! :D

[quote name='Jcaugustine']
Anyone trying to abuse the system will be reported and can take 30 days before accounts being suspended.
[/QUOTE]
That just sounds like a call rep that's getting tired of people calling him and asking about free gift cards.

I called them for another issue anyway, so I asked if it was something I was elligible for. She said that they were told it was being staggered out by groups, and that I probably wasn't in the first group to receive them. Of all the things that I've read in this thread being given as a reply, that actually makes the most sense to me.

Im guessing you're either pissed you got turned down or you are too lazy/scared/shy to call and inquireand either way it sucks for you. If you want anything in this world u gotta be assertive and make it happen. I feel no shame whatsoever for calling and askin about it but id sure be pissed if I didn't try and missed out

[quote name='roger watersmelon']That just sounds like a call rep that's getting tired of people calling him and asking about free gift cards.

[/QUOTE]
Idk.

I've known now at least 1 or 2 CAGers, some are even mods in here, who have been banned by either Best Buy, Gamestop, and Amazon.

So don't take the banning lightly.

[quote name='MrshllJcb']Im guessing you're either pissed you got turned down or you are too lazy/scared/shy to call and inquireand either way it sucks for you. If you want anything in this world u gotta be assertive and make it happen. I feel no shame whatsoever for calling and askin about it but id sure be pissed if I didn't try and missed out[/QUOTE]

Exactly ! You have to atleast try. Why miss out on 10$ credit from one of the top retailers that sells games ? Why should some people get it when others don't ? They have never stated in any shape or form that they were going to give these out to silver members or what ever on their site. This is just some ymmv thing that kinda sucks.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']Idk.

I've known now at least 1 or 2 CAGers, some are even mods in here, who have been banned by either Best Buy, Gamestop, and Amazon.

So don't take the banning lightly.[/QUOTE]

I find a mod getting banned from something kind of ironic lol

The lady I spoke with talked real fast and sounded like she was in mexico but told me I would be getting a 10 dollar cert within 24 hrs. All I did was tell her why I was calling, she asked for my member info and credited the points no questions asked. I did not lie and tell her someone I knew got points or anything of that nature.

11/09/2011 Point Adjustment Coupon/Promotion Issue - 500

So don't take the banning lightly.[/QUOTE]

I don't know how id get banned tho. I said " I know a few people that have gotten holiday Reward certs for 10. I did not receive one. Am I eligible for this?" She said I wasn't eligible for the.promo but that I could get 500 points as a courtesy so I said thanks. Not sure what I would've done wrong that could be banworthy

1. It's not begging, it's inquiring. If you ask and they say no and you persist, your begging.

2. I don't see how they can ban accounts if the reps are not being given false information by the callers and they decide to give the certificates of their own free will.

3. Haven't tried it yet but thanks for the heads up op.

[quote name='Jcaugustine']Anyone trying to abuse the system will be reported and can take 30 days before accounts being suspended.[/QUOTE]
Any company willing to ban over $10 is their loss, not ours.

[quote name='MrshllJcb']I don't know how id get banned tho. I said " I know a few people that have gotten holiday Reward certs for 10. I did not receive one. Am I eligible for this?" She said I wasn't eligible for the.promo but that I could get 500 points as a courtesy so I said thanks. Not sure what I would've done wrong that could be banworthy[/QUOTE]

This is exactly how I handled myself. I didn't beg, I inquired. I can't imagine getting banned for asking a question.

There won't be a ban. RZ is awesome and friendly. I called about a year ago to get points added for a ps3 I bought and forgot to use my card. She gave me 500 points for just calling them for the first time.

I called and was told that everyone would be receiving one within the next 24 hours. I don't know if this is true or not but that is what the customer service representative told me.

[quote name='strait edge follower']How is everyone else getting to the reps but me ? It keeps on hanging up when I'm getting transferred :([/QUOTE]

I called 1-888-BestBuy and hit the option for Reward Zone and then after it read off my points balance I hit 0 and it transferred me to a rep.

I called the RZ Premiere Silver line and spoke to a guy who kept insisting that the $10 Certificates were mailed via post, not posted electronically. I kept insisting back that I knew people personally who had the $10 Holiday Certificate posted to their accounts this year and last year, as well as that I was currently skimming a thread of hundreds claiming that they got their certificates today, as well, and he couldn't stop chuckling at my claim.

He told me to give it a week for the $10 Certificate to come in the mail, which I know it won't, and call back next week if it hasn't and they'll post it. Now to wait until next week to call, I guess...

[quote name='GenPirate']I called 1-888-BestBuy and hit the option for Reward Zone and then after it read off my points balance I hit 0 and it transferred me to a rep.[/QUOTE]

I did that just now and it still Hung up during the transfer. This is such bullcrap

I just got off the phone with a Michael, he said it was for Premiere members AND whoever had a account linked to their best buy . com profile / account.

Said he added it to my account and there should be another one showing up too later in December.

I'd also note that buying Halo CEA gets you another $10 certificate.

Epic! I just called Best Buy Reward Zone to inquire about the holiday certificate and the rep said I should be getting it soon. But wait, there is more. Apparently I had a $25 certificate that expired that she credited back to my account. So a 5 minute phone call just made me $35 in certificates. Epic!

[quote name='MrshllJcb']Im guessing you're either pissed you got turned down or you are too lazy/scared/shy to call and inquireand either way it sucks for you. If you want anything in this world u gotta be assertive and make it happen. I feel no shame whatsoever for calling and askin about it but id sure be pissed if I didn't try and missed out[/QUOTE]Wow. That's pretty weak justification to assume you can ask to get an item from a promotion that is likely either randomly generated to try and get additional business into the store or it's only for certain criteria.

This has nothing to do with not being assertive, it's if you're due the item from this promotion or not. Calling them about it and trying to get it when you're not due isn't going to do anything more than put up a note on their end that you're a whiny customer.

So don't take the banning lightly.[/QUOTE]I had my RZ Silver account banned, as detailed below:
[quote name='shrike4242']They canceled my RZ account because I was using a promotion that was RZ Silver only to pick up games at a discount from that promotion and sell them to CAGs for cost + tax + shipping. They assumed I was abusing my membership by overbuying the games in quantities they didn't see as "normal" for a customer. There was no limit to the quantities listed on the promotion, so they suspended my account without warning. I went through multiple levels of conversation about it, including getting some contradictory information about what happened and found out the true reason to the situation. Like the OP, no warning about the situation and they just took the action they did due to "program abuse". They eventually cashed out all remaining RZ certs I would have earned from other purchases and that was the end of that RZ Silver membership.[/QUOTE]

They do check for issues with account holders and they do ban people for program abuses. Calling up repeatedly to try and get something you're not due is one way to get on someone's radar screen for closer inspection.

After getting disconnected all morning long, I was finally able to get through, twice. I was told each time that the rollouts are staged, I should be getting something soon, and to check back in a few days.

I'll try again later...

I've tried calling about 4 times now and every time i get to the point where a rep should pick up... the line hangs up... anyone else having this problem?

[quote name='JGZinv']I just got off the phone with a Michael, he said it was for Premiere members AND whoever had a account linked to their best buy . com profile / account.

Said he added it to my account and there should be another one showing up too later in December.

I'd also note that buying Halo CEA gets you another $10 certificate.[/QUOTE]

I talked to him too, said the exact same thing to me. Although he didn't give me one. Oh well.

[quote name='Phanatic']After getting disconnected all morning long, I was finally able to get through, twice. I was told each time that the rollouts are staged, I should be getting something soon, and to check back in a few days.

I'll try again later...[/QUOTE]Maybe that's due to the phone lines being overloaded by everyone who assumes they should be getting one and trying to call to get one, if they're due one or not?

[quote name='shrike4242']Maybe that's due to the phone lines being overloaded by everyone who assumes they should be getting one and trying to call to get one, if they're due one or not?[/QUOTE]

See, that's the problem. Nobody knows if they're "due one," because nobody knows how/why some people get them, and not others. Without a strict guideline for this, I feel no guilt in asking.

Neither rep I spoke to could answer the "why" question, and they both encouraged me to call back, so that's what I'll do, unless I hear a firm "no" with reasoning behind it.

EDIT: Just got of the phone with a "Jason". He said the rewards are being given to people who have linked their bestbuy.com and MyRZ.com accounts. He had me start with my bestbuy.com account, and I verified I had not linked the 2. I did so, and - according to him - I should be seeing the $10 reward within 24 hours. Now I wait and see...

Last edited by a moderator:
Called about my account and my brother's and was rejected twice. What exactly are you guys saying to have them give you points? I mentioned the holiday promotion and she said it was random.

The past times Best Buy has done this, it's for people that haven't shopped Best Buy in a while and it's an incentive to get them back into the store. It's not likely for everyone under that assumption, so having it be eligible to everyone that has a RZ account doesn't make any sense.

Having your RZ and BB.com accounts linked doesn't make any sense of why that would gift you $10 worth of RZ certs, nor does it seem like a perk for RZ Silver members only, as they're already spending $2500+ yearly at Best Buy or BB.com.

I think the reps are pulling reasons out of their collective asses and the only ones who know about who should get it aren't the people answering the phone. They're handing out $10 worth of RZ certs because they don't want complaints that they don't know what's going on.

I called a third time and still no points as well as being told with absolute certainty that only silver members and people who've pre-ordered the kindle fire are getting the 10 dollars. I think I'm done with this.

Man i love Best Buy Customer Service.

Called and the nice guy said he wasnt sure why people were getting them (I think he was foreign), but said that he was going to give me 10$ for Customer Satisfaction in the next 24 hours.

Hope it arrives before Skyrim tommorow ^_^

The woman on the phone told the she did not have access to enter in any reward zone points and that my Best Buy store would add reward zone points themselves so I should keep watch on my account. Then she put me on hold for some reason for a good 5 minutes, came back and said since I was on hold for so long she would credit my account 500 points (ten dollars). Even though before she said she couldn't. Anyway, 10 minutes later she came through! Score!

the lady told me that this promo will go through the holiday and that it is totally random, so she cannot just give me the points

I had to call in to get it last year (only got $5), but got it automatically on 11/03 ($10) this year (expires 12/31/2011).

I called and the lady said that she can't do anything because I have a pending points balance of 29 (from RDR Saturday)....Sounds like bullshit to me.

[quote name='Jdub_smooth']I called and the lady said that she can't do anything because I have a pending points balance of 29 (from RDR Saturday)....Sounds like bullshit to me.[/QUOTE]

It's an excuse to get you off the phone. I have pending points from a purchase I made two weeks ago and received the 10 dollar credit no questions asked.

Wow. I never check my RZ status online, I usually just wait until they e-mail me saying I've got a certificate waiting, so I had no idea how bad they've been screwing my account up.

I've got Silver Premier status, and have bought a bunch of stuff over the year from BB, but according to the site I've spent $1. (Makes sense now as to why I never got the Silver members-only deals/sales)

Anyways, tried calling (the Premier hotline) about the $10 Holiday Cert. After being on hold waiting for a rep for 20mins was told they're completely random and I'm out of luck unless they send out another batch and if so I'd have to be a little lucky to get one.

Asked about all the problems on my account, explained everything in detail and heard "uhh....I don't see any reason why that would happen. Do you want me to transfer you to our Sales Department so they can tell you all about the Premier Silver members only sale going on right now?"
....needless to say we got nowhere, I'll try the 888-BestBuy number tomorrow.

So I got an email saying I had a $5 reward certificate ready to use. The strange thing about this is that I haven't shopped at Best Buy in awhile and know I didn't have barley any points on my account. So I checked out my account and saw this:

FoeSG.png

I guess we can assume that they also issue $5 reward certificates as well.

Well, after waiting the 24 hours, I never did see my certificate. (Shocking, I know!) However, that did give me reason and ammo to call back.

I called just now, and told the rep that I was promised the points within 24 hours, but they never appeared. I was put on hold for just a few minutes, and when she came back, I had 500 points posted to my account. Great!

A quick how to link your accounts.

Sign in BestBuy.com
Go to My Account
Under Reward Zone Program click "Link Accounts"
Fallow the instructions.

I called up and got some nasty mean lady the first time. Called again and got a nice guy to help me out and put one through.

[quote name='Ni9HTshade']So I got an email saying I had a $5 reward certificate ready to use. The strange thing about this is that I haven't shopped at Best Buy in awhile and know I didn't have barley any points on my account. So I checked out my account and saw this:

FoeSG.png

I guess we can assume that they also issue $5 reward certificates as well.[/QUOTE]

From your pic it makes me think that maybe if you're close to getting a certificate they're just adding the needed points.

bread's done
Back