FREE-Beyond good and evil! With purchase of cheese!

Wait... what? That's the oddest thing I've ever seen. Awesome though, amazing game. If I see that, I'm totally buying it.

I wonder in which grocery store I can find this in Quebec ;-).

I usually shop at Maxi, dunno if ill have to go SuperC, IGA or Metro ahahaha!

[quote name='Firestorm']Link to original site: http://www.giantbomb.com/news/get-beyond-good-evil-free-withcheese/946/

Hate how Kotaku gets all the hits for information they just took from elsewhere.[/quote]

I hear you. I was looking for a Rock Band / Guitar Hero Compatibility chart the other day-- and one of the first sites that comes up is some crappy gaming site where all they did was a take a screen shot of some other website's chart. A screen shot!

Crap my grocery store doesn't sell that one. It's only full of saputo.
Guess i'll have to go look at Maxi or loblaws

Cheeseheads? fuck. Guess I'll get the game and give the cheese to some hobos. That's what it is you know; hobo cheese.

Black Diamond for me thanks.

This reminds me of the cereals with free DVDs. I remember a Team Canada Olympic one, board games like Clue and Yathzee, and the occasional fitness DVD.

Aren't Dairyland and Saputo the same company? I've never seen Cheese Heads though.

I went to THREE supermarkets (Price Chopper, Food Basics and *shudder* Metro...) and no one had these in (2/3 didn't even stock "Cheeseheads"), is it behind the older cheese so when that sells out the BG&E will be facing?!

fuck you Metro!

GAME GET!!!

@NEW WEST WAL-MART

Saputo Cheese Strings-$5.18 for a 10 Pack!!!

BEST GAME EVAR!

Side-LOL it was rated by PEGI-The euro ESRB-Are all of you 7+???? Here in Canada its rated TEEN-13+

What I find more funny than it being rated by PEGI is that the system requirements are higher in french. :lol:

197406beyondgoodandevil.jpg

is it just me or does she look like Alyx Vance from Half Life 2

[quote name='saurabh']
197406beyondgoodandevil.jpg

is it just me or does she look like Alyx Vance from Half Life 2[/quote]

Alright, alright, get your e-penis back in your virtual pants :twisted:

Terwillegar Walmart in Edmonton has a CRAPLOAD of this cheese. I believe the price is $3.98 on it. I'll probably pick up one, even though I doubt the game will run on my laptop.

[quote name='Firestorm']it might not be worth the trouble... It's $10 USD on Steam if you want it quick and easy.[/QUOTE]

$10USD quickly turns into $15 with conversion rates and all.
But whats the point of just buying a game off of steam? How many people can say they got one of the best games of last gen for free with cheese :p

We've already stated above that it can be found in RCSS and Wal-mart out west. Perhaps it would help if you pointed out what region you are in. Not Quebec is quite a large area...

[quote name='Grease_Bits']$10USD quickly turns into $15 with conversion rates and all.
But whats the point of just buying a game off of steam? How many people can say they got one of the best games of last gen for free with cheese :p[/quote]

Indeed. I doubt I'll play this at all, I already have either the GC or PS2 version. I forget which :roll: I just happen to like cheese strings and I wanted to buy the cheese variant of BG&E just to have it :D

Jesus we're still talking about this? I just got a friend of mine to keep an eye out (damn teenagers and their mall habits actually proved useful for once). The game is good (nay, excellent!) but to go through this much trouble is bleh.

And firehawk Guelph isn't THAT bad, or is it so out of touch cheese string is something the traveling circus brings along on their bi monthly visit?

It comes down to No Frills and Food Basics (well, Dominion or Metro now) and the FB only carries Black Diamond cheese.

So, if No Frills has it I don't mind making the trip... but I can't be bothered to check myself. It's just too far for something that I don't *really* need... it'd just be nice to have.

Made a trip to RCSS on Dufferin and Steeles which had tons of cheeseheads. Unfortunately none of then were the Beyond Good and Evil ones. There was only $1 off something and stickers from that mouse movie(forgot the name of it)

[quote name='firehawk12']Didn't read page one. :lol:

I'm in Ontario, specifically bumfuck Guelph.[/QUOTE]

The shoppers on Clair Road West had quite a few of them in stock.
And BTW Guelph isn't that bad, I mean we have a Futureshop and a Wal-mart now!

[quote name='Grease_Bits']The shoppers on Clair Road West had quite a few of them in stock.
And BTW Guelph isn't that bad, I mean we have a Futureshop and a Wal-mart now![/quote]

But do you have an IKEA?

[quote name='Grease_Bits']The shoppers on Clair Road West had quite a few of them in stock.
And BTW Guelph isn't that bad, I mean we have a Futureshop and a Wal-mart now![/quote]

Haha, honestly, I live by the mall so I'm glad the FS is there.
I'll have to check the Shoppers in the mall later this week. :)

Damn if knew, I would have been on the lookout today. But I've never seen this brand of cheese before. (quebec area)

I picked up a copy at Walmart yesterday. I know it's not going to run on my PC (sad, I know), but I'll wait for my gf to get her new laptop and just install it on there. Can't complain for $3.98.

Found some at Wal-mart, they had a 12 pack for 3.98 (on sale, maybe rollback?) with the game. I looked at the flyer thoguh, and it advertised Rayman on the package (which was what I wanted in the first place.) Did Saputo make a deal with Ubi?

I went back to RCSS, still no luck.
But I did find one that included Shaun Whites Snowboarding (didn't this game just come out a few months ago?)

[quote name='Sousanator']I went back to RCSS, still no luck.
But I did find one that included Shaun Whites Snowboarding (didn't this game just come out a few months ago?)[/quote]

Their probably talking about the original, which came out 5+ years ago. A fun game, pretty much a snowboard version of tony hawk pro skater. This game plus cheese would be a pretty cool deal for a low price.

[quote name='tymcg']Their probably talking about the original, which came out 5+ years ago. A fun game, pretty much a snowboard version of tony hawk pro skater. This game plus cheese would be a pretty cool deal for a low price.[/quote]
Nope, I ended up getting it. It's definitely the one that just came out in December.

EDIT: Proof
2ah70nl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Sousanator']Nope, I ended up getting it. It's definitely the one that just came out in December.[/quote]

I never even knew there was a PC version, and apparently most other customers felt the same way.

I still need to find this... I live in Calgary, and I know that Safeway doesn't carry it... should I be checking Wal-Marts and Sobeys?

Picked up a pack of these at Shoppers Drug Mart yesterday at Mt.Pleasant/Eglinton (they still had a few packs, tho only the skim milk kind), you can see pics below of the actual product. The game is in a typical cardboard sleeve, and the sleeve & gamedisc both have the cheese head logo and the cheese is well... crappy :whistle2:&. Think rubbery bland sticks...no wonder they have to pack free games in these, you shouldn't buy these for their taste! The pack cost $5.49 tho at SDM, the $3.98 at WM would be easier to swallow (pardon the pun :lol:)

DSCF2658640x480.jpg

DSCF2659640x480.jpg

bread's done
Back