Free Black Ops First Strike Xbox 360 Codes (promo over)

You should be able to redeem these on xbox.com/redeem right? Makes for my chances to go down, considering I'm on a bad wireless connection till after 6. :(

Wow! Those things were gone in the first 20 seconds. I copy and pasted into Xbox.com and already was getting 'CODE ALRDEADY USED' message.

I had multiple tabs opened in Firefox.

Forget 20 seconds, they were gone in under 2 seconds. I had already copy/pasted and failed at all 5 w/in the first 5 seconds.

Unfortunately from a recent experience with a Lowe's Facebook promotion it does seem that Facebook posts don't show up at exactly the same time for everyone. They surely went extremely fast and I believe it may be possible they were gone by the time you even saw them posted.

Congrats to those who got them. Remember they will be posting 5 more at 6PM PST. I have Black Ops for PS3 so hope they do something like this when it releases for PS3.

I was able to redeem the first token as soon as the post went up. I was refreshing the page until they went live. I usually don't get lucky with token giveaways like this.

SNIPED A CODE WOOT!!! THANKS OP

[since i think your so awesome op, pm me for a banshee prop code, i got a couple unused ones]

Refreshed the facebook page like crazy, and I thought I really had a shot at it.
Then, of course, my computer randomly shuts down a minute before the codes are posted.

I think someone up there doesn't like me...

I got one as well; I got the second code on the first try. I was so shocked haha.

I can see what you mean about these promotions being hit or miss; after I'd won and refreshed the page, the post with all 5 codes disappeared. Really wonky, but I'm so happy I won! Thanks for posting the heads up OP!

I was refreshing the fb page every few seconds and it was showing nothing NEW.

All of sudden the fb page refreshed itself as normal and 'posted 2 minutes ago' was the timeline -- and comments were already posted as well.

It all has to do with connection speed and possibly geography. What servers are getting first, etc. Off by just a few seconds and cut-n-paste --- and odds are way against you.

[quote name='TXboxGuY']I was refreshing the fb page every few seconds and it was showing nothing NEW.

All of sudden the fb page refreshed itself as normal and 'posted 2 minutes ago' was the timeline -- and comments were already posted as well.

It all has to do with connection speed and possibly geography. What servers are getting first, etc. Off by just a few seconds and cut-n-paste --- and odds are way against you.[/QUOTE]

This is prone to happen for a couple of reasons. 1. your ISP may actually prevent you from constantly refreshing a site to save bandwidth. 2. Your ISP may not update quick enough. 3. Your browser doesn't update every time you go to the page. (Internet Explore for example doesn't, even if you tell it to, I've personally seen this when I've had a website I updated not show up after several refreshes in IE but show up immediately in Firefox) 4. facebook hates you and wants to make you sad.

I have listed these in order of likelihood, starting with the least.

bread's done
Back