Free Blue flame helmet for use in Halo: Reach & name plate *offer good until 7/7/2011

Brother Daz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
This was posted at Joystiq.com

"Bungie's giving the flaming helmets in Halo: Reach (plus a special name plate) to anyone who registers on Bungie.net or through the recently released iOS app -- you have until "the close of Bungie Day" on July 7 to get yours. Oh, and if you're wondering about Bungie Aerospace, keep wondering: Bungie's still not talking."

These were originally for bungie employees only

Just register on bungie.net, then theres an applet on the main page of bungie.net that says burn bright. burn blue. that's where you get it once/if you are already registered. just have to provide email and birth date.

(I know there will be people saying"" THIS SHOULD BE IN THE FREE SECTION RAAAWWR", I posted it there also but I know a bunch of people never check that forum)
www.bungie.net

Click here to change your name plate *Thanks H3m1 R4m

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/23/bungie-gives-out-blue-flaming-helmets-in-halo-reach/

2d17fy8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for posting this. You'll probably get flack, but hey, I'd probably of overlooked it and I look in the free stuff forum about once a day. So yeah. Thanks!

[quote name='Royal High Knight']i linked my gamertag and nothing happens. I'm at xbox.com looking at my friend's list and nothing[/QUOTE]

I dont understand what your saying? You dont need to do anything with xbox.com. Did you verify your email address with bungie.net? After your addy is verified, you just need to enter your email address and birthdate and the screen will show you've unlocked the helmet.

nah dude. got the email to verify my email. then i went to bungie.net and clicked on the ad that said before you get the flames you need to click this to link your gamertag. I click on this and it takes to to my xbox.com and my prfile and that's it.

Ohh, I dont know then. I already had my gamertag linked to bungie.net. maybe thats all you needed to do? I imagine you've already tried going back to bungie to see if it worked though.

Good deal until I saw you have to use your windows ID (IE:XBOX360 Log in for me).

Once you give us your consent, you are giving permission for Bungie.net to access your Windows Live ID profile and store any data contained therein in our own databases and use it according to the policies outlined in our Privacy Statement.

With all the stupid sites getting hacked of late.. I'd rather not have Bungie storing my XBL info on their database.

damn. well i'll keep trying btw thanks for putting this up and im pretty sure alot of people go to the free section in order to lurk codes and find other free things.

followed directions... I assume I'll see this in game the next time I play it?? I guess I was expecting to get a code to DL the DLC or something... oh well. :)

[quote name='teknomedic']followed directions... I assume I'll see this in game the next time I play it?? I guess I was expecting to get a code to DL the DLC or something... oh well. :)[/QUOTE]

Yes, I just got on reach, you'll get a message saying new items are for sell in the armory. the helmet is under armor effects (for free)

I'm getting the same message about needing to link my gamertag, with no apparent means of doing so. Clicking the link only brings me to the Xbox web page.

Sorry Brother Daz but this has been posted a while back in the Contest/Freebie section. Nice to see you cared enough to post it anyway. Anyway I got this like 2.5 weeks ago. Maybe now that everybody is wearing Blue Flames I can go back to wearing my old armor again. That is if I ever decide to play Halo Reach again. For some reason I just dont like playing Halo Reach anymore unless it is with my friends in Custom Games or Forge. It was fun but now its not.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297119

yeah, after you do all the steps, put the game in your xbox and on start up it'll say 'new items in the armory' and ask if you want to go to the armory. then under armor effects, you can activate the blue flames. Haven't figured out where to change the name plate thing to the star they offer with the flaming helmet. any help on that part?

[quote name='JediKiller24']yeah, after you do all the steps, put the game in your xbox and on start up it'll say 'new items in the armory' and ask if you want to go to the armory. then under armor effects, you can activate the blue flames. Haven't figured out where to change the name plate thing to the star they offer with the flaming helmet. any help on that part?[/QUOTE]

at bungie.net click at the top right corner where it says welcome (or your gamertag) click the game settings tab, then name plates. I remeber I tried using IE to change my name plate last year and it wouldnt work. I had to use chrome.

[quote name='JediKiller24']yeah, after you do all the steps, put the game in your xbox and on start up it'll say 'new items in the armory' and ask if you want to go to the armory. then under armor effects, you can activate the blue flames. Haven't figured out where to change the name plate thing to the star they offer with the flaming helmet. any help on that part?[/QUOTE]

You could do what Brother Daz said or just click this link. Lol.
http://www.bungie.net/Account/nameplates.aspx

I understand the "offer" is good until July 7th, but does that mean you have until then to get the helmet to use forever, or that you can only use the helmet until that date?

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I understand the "offer" is good until July 7th, but does that mean you have until then to get the helmet to use forever, or that you can only use the helmet until that date?[/QUOTE]

I believe the blue flames are forever once activated.

[quote name='Trance Addix']I believe the blue flames are forever once activated.[/QUOTE]

Correct. AND! If you beat Bungie on 7/7/2011 by 20 Points or more they will send each member of your team a Grade A Steak. Steak Sauce Not Inlcuded.

This is odd. I was already registered with Bungie, using a different Live ID.

I changed my Live ID with XBL a while back.

I try and sign in using my OLD Live ID and it identifies me, but it tells me to link my GT, my GT is linked to my new Live ID but that Live ID isn't registered on Bungie.

I registered on Bungie with my new Live ID and it linked my GT, I can see all my stats I used to see when I signed in with my old Live ID, but I don't see the Bungie name plate.

I also already verified my account.

Hmmmmmmmmm

Nm, bout the name plate but any hoot. I register, I go back to bungie homepage and click on "Click here for instructions" the center square column for "Burn Bright. Burn Blue." Then it takes me to myxbox account page. Am I missing something or what???

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Trance Addix']I believe the blue flames are forever once activated.[/QUOTE]
Its not permanent. Its a armor effect you can put on and take off.

Its the picture you see next to people names in the lobby. not the picture you make yourself. ODST, the assault rifle, the Halo logo, ect.

I've already linked my Gamer Tag because it's on my profile page, but I get this bullshit:

Before you claim your flames, you need to link your gamertag. Click here for instructions.

Thanks for telling us, OP. It just doesn't work.

I must be dumb but i can't figure this out. I've been signed up at Bungie for a few years, i log in go to that burn blue page but then there's nothing else there. Not really sure what I'm doing here.

Thanks OP. I knew about this, but thought it was only early for iphone users.

But this will go nicely with my spartan since I was considering going back to my purple color scheme the other day.

ou have unlocked Blue Flames for your Halo: Reach Spartan. Now, help us spread the fire far and wide.

didn't have to do anything or dl anything
thanks

whoa... Thanks for posting this - I didn't even know there's a free stuff forum (your post got me out of lurking for once...)

For those deceived by the picture in the OP, this is for only the blue flame effect, not the skull helmet.

After putting in your email and birth date, you don't get any sort of notification besides the "you got it" popup thing. Just pop the game in and go to the armor effects section of the armory. The blue flames option will forever be available, but you can still choose any other effect. You just need to put in your info to activate the option by July 7th or you'll miss out.

You don't have to do anything to "activate" the Bungie nameplate, just go to the nameplates page (linked above but is in your Game Settings) and select it from the first section to use it.

Non-US residents get screwed out of the Steaktacular prize, since they just get gift cards.

Cool just got it.
I had to use the APP though to get them.
Since it was asking for my Bday on the site and it absolutely was not accepting it.

So if you're having that issue just download the app if you can.
You just sign in and then enable them both through the app.

[quote name='Firvagor']For those deceived by the picture in the OP, this is for only the blue flame effect, not the skull helmet.

After putting in your email and birth date, you don't get any sort of notification besides the "you got it" popup thing. Just pop the game in and go to the armor effects section of the armory. The blue flames option will forever be available, but you can still choose any other effect. You just need to put in your info to activate the option by July 7th or you'll miss out.

You don't have to do anything to "activate" the Bungie nameplate, just go to the nameplates page (linked above but is in your Game Settings) and select it from the first section to use it.

Non-US residents get screwed out of the Steaktacular prize, since they just get gift cards.[/QUOTE]

Wow. Good morning.

1) deceived? It's just a pic of the armor effect in effect. Since anyone who had it before this was a bungie employee, most are level #ridiculous and have skull faces. The link, all past forum posts about the app, and..pretty much anyone who has booted up Reach and knows what an Armor Effect is knows what to expect.

2) Gift cards. Yes. Because they aren't shipping cow meat overseas. That would be stupid.

Thanks a ton, OP. I was able to get this up and running without the iPhone in about 2 minutes. Already had a bungie.net account.

[quote name='Firvagor']Non-US residents get screwed out of the Steaktacular prize, since they just get gift cards.[/QUOTE]

You can use the giftcards on steak though if you want. :razz:

bread's done
Back