Free City of Villains with any NC Soft Game, GS/EB B&M

[quote name='jt2k3']Starts Wednesday, May 3 2006. Free copy of City of Villains with any NCsoft game. Lasts until May 23rd.[/quote]

What games does NCsoft make?????

[quote name='Roufuss']This game must have failed so badly.[/QUOTE]

Possibly, but it isn't a bad idea to give away a game that you have to pay a monthly fee to keep playing.

[quote name='AnchorsAway']it hasnt failed at all. its really populated, but i'm sure they get most of their profits from the monthly fees.[/QUOTE]

Do you mean not populated?

In the month I played it, which was just last month I believe, none of the servers ever went above low population, and it always felt like damn ghost town half the time.

It made me just want to go back and play World of Warcraft. I mean, to say it hasn't failed... the game dropped to $20 a ton of places pretty quickly, now they are just giving it away? Games that usually do well don't see such drastic measures being taken to get people on board.

I mean, yea, for free, hell what a deal, but that free month is all you need to get your fix of the game. I've never wanted to go back.

[quote name='tenzor']guild wars, guild wars faction, city of heroes, auto assault[/quote]

Thanks. None of those games interest me though. Hopefully we'll have a deal like this on something better.

[quote name='AnchorsAway']it hasnt failed at all. its really populated, but i'm sure they get most of their profits from the monthly fees.[/quote]

It may not be a complete failure as a game, but as a MMORPG it didn't do that well. To be fair, any and all games in this genre will always be compared to the juggernaut that is World of Warcraft. So, in it's own right, it might have done decent, but in comparison to it's competitors, it failed. Then again, who stands a chance against WoW?

Hooray.....

I've got a better deal for everyone-

For anyone who doesn't do drugs-

"Free Crack Cocaine with every purchase of American Piss Water (Budwiser/Coors/Miller)"

Feh to monthly fee games. I think more people would buy them if you could play them via a LAN or just solo and not online. Hell, I'd probably play the monthly fee at that point too, just to get the updates.

Just so you guys know, the deal has been put on hold. EB/GS recieved an email yesterday stating not to put up the display for that promotion.

I've been having a great time playing this game and believe it's worth the monthly fee. Pretty soon they're going to release an update in the game that will allow villains to go into Paragon City (City of Heroes location) and try to take over the area while the heroes have to defend their city.

I don't know if this is the real reson or not but the EB I work at has like 30 copies in stock. And there are tons of other stores EB and GS alike that have the same inventory. Maybe this is to move some inventory?

Just my 2 cents.

i'm in the middle of a CoH/CoV break, but 2 months ago the servers were all at "medium" populated almost every night. I'm assuming more and more people are switching to WoW.

Is this deal real? I called two G-Stops and none of them knew what I spoketh of. I'm gonna buy GW: Factions and get this puppy if this is real. Have a 1 month vacation coming up and need something to kill a little time.

CaCo

When these games came out I was real exited even tho I cant stand rpgs the whole heros and villans aspect is to great to ignore to create ur own and roll around a city with other people and battle..then I found out that it costs as much as my phone bill every single month.

How retarded...they should come out with a version for xbox were we can create and then play on live thats the most id pay after already buying the game.

I called three EBs and one GS, but none of them knew what I was talking about. I guess I'll have to order it from Outpost.com, too bad shipping there is rather pricey. Just one question, are those copies of Factions and City of Villians retail, or some special bundle editions?

bread's done
Back