Free Civ 5 or Mafia II at GMG

I know this was already posted a while, but I am personally thankful it was posted again. I would have forgotten. Now to wait for my copy of Civ 5.

thanks man! i was kinda bummed i went through the whole process last week and they ran out of codes..but this worked like a charm! civ5 steam key received! \m/

thanks man! i was kinda bummed i went through the whole process last week and they ran out of codes..but this worked like a charm! civ5 steam key received! \m/
i'm confused. what is a CVG account? I'm signing up to greenmangaming.com and goldenjoystick.com to do this but what is CVG?

I received an email with a link to click to verify my email address, it just says "oops, looks like you haven't voted yet." Despite the fact that I have voted. Not sure what the problem is there.

I received an email with a link to click to verify my email address, it just says "oops, looks like you haven't voted yet." Despite the fact that I have voted. Not sure what the problem is there.
I just got the same error message. I joined greenmangaming.com and cvg website and verified both accounts through email. then i voted. then it took me back to the greenmangaming site to choose the game. then i got another email. this took me to the "oops" page.

now i'm lost. what do i do?

Yes, you have to wait about a day after voting before you can get your key.

i'm confused. what is a CVG account? I'm signing up to greenmangaming.com and goldenjoystick.com to do this but what is CVG?
Goldenjoysticks account = CVG. If you go to goldenjoysticks.com it says CVG at the top.

Great deal but it's not working for me. I get the email saying, thanks for voting, click here to get your free game and then this:

Looks like you haven’t voted yet.

Thank you for your interest, however, in order to take advantage of this free game offer you need to go and vote for your favourite games in the Golden Joystick 2013 Awards. Once you’ve done this, then you’ll be able to redeem, and activate, your free game (please allow a minimum of 24 hours from when you register your votes).

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks OP. Voted with my account then my girlfriends around 10 at night. Waited over night and I got both games free. Voted for all sections as well.

Gotta love the pc world. even though they're two different genres I recommend getting Civ5 over Mafia simply for the amount of replayability and life you can get out of this game. mafia 2 wasn't terrible but pales in comparison when you are trying to get the most out of your game.

Gotta love the pc world. even though they're two different genres I recommend getting Civ5 over Mafia simply for the amount of replayability and life you can get out of this game. mafia 2 wasn't terrible but pales in comparison when you are trying to get the most out of your game.
Well, thats just not true. For you, yes, it sounds like Civ 5 is a much better choice. But others may want to be able to pick up and finish a game and move on in 5,10,20 hours. There are a ton of variables when it comes to what a person would enjoy over something else. In no way is it possible to throw a general blanket statement out like that and have it be true 100% of the time.

bread's done
Back