Free closed Multiplayer Beta codes for DOOM in GameStop stores on April 1 at 6 p.m. EST

For Paul

CAGiversary!
Visit your Local GameStop on April 1st to receive access to the DOOM Beta!

Come into stores on April 1st, at 6 p.m. EST to get a free code to participate in the closed Multiplayer Beta for DOOM from April 2nd through April 3rd. No purchase or pre-order required.

*While Supplies Last. See stores for Detail

Store Customers Only:Code will be printed on the April Demon ID Card or printed on Receipt.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/doom/123068

I feel out of touch. Really hated the alpha, really hate the beta. Zero interest.
I feel like canceling my order if the single player part is going to be crap. They're focusing on way too much on the multiplayer. How about a demo of the single player please?

I feel like canceling my order if the single player part is going to be crap. They're focusing on way too much on the multiplayer. How about a demo of the single player please?
Just about everyone that puts out a beta does so to perfect their online multiplayer experience. This beta will be no reflection on the single player experience (obviously).

I'm in the same boat. Single Player will make or break it for me. I'm cancelling my Collectors edition preorder and waiting for a sale on it.
I agree. Single player makes or breaks this game. I wasn't that impressed with Multiplayer. Then again, I don't have 10-12 hours a day to devote to something (yes that includes you "The Division") that keeps me able to play/compete with others online. You're left behind within a few days if you don't play the game religiously.

Geesh all the Halo fans here! Personally me, I wasn't too fond of Halo 4 & 5. Doom is phenomenal. Extremely fast-paced, and classic-style gameplay. customizing armor, weapons, and more is something you don't normally see in modern shooters. I can see why people dislike this game, basically if you hate old first-person shooters like Quake and Unreal, STAY AWAY FROM THIS GAME! Other then that, It's a game I'm really forward to!

I agree. Single player makes or breaks this game. I wasn't that impressed with Multiplayer. Then again, I don't have 10-12 hours a day to devote to something (yes that includes you "The Division") that keeps me able to play/compete with others online. You're left behind within a few days if you don't play the game religiously.
I, too, don't have a ton of time to devote to multiplayer, but just because people may be better at the game shouldn't deter you from enjoying the quality multiplayer aspect of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since we're for some reason comparing Doom to Halo, here's my opinion. 

I've been a Halo fan since day 1 and have been playing it ever since. Halo 3 is my favorite multiplayer game. I stopped enjoying it after Halo 3 though. I had something like 8,000 exp on Halo 3. Halo: Reach, Halo 4 and Halo 5 are just trash imo. They're not fun and they're definitely not Halo. And they're just way too noob friendly now.

Now, on to Doom. The first Doom is one of my favorite games. I only got to play the alpha beta for about 2 hours and this closed beta for about 5 hours, but I enjoyed every second of them. Is the game perfect? Nope. But it's far better than the last three Halo games and it's probably the most straight up fun game I've played since Bulletstorm. I can't wait to play the campaign and I'm going to be playing the fudgecrackers out of the multiplayer.

That being said, Halo and Doom are nothing alike, aside from them both being a fps. So stop comparing them, would you kindly?

Since we're for some reason comparing Doom to Halo, here's my opinion.

I've been a Halo fan since day 1 and have been playing it ever since. Halo 3 is my favorite multiplayer game. I stopped enjoying it after Halo 3 though. I had something like 8,000 exp on Halo 3. Halo: Reach, Halo 4 and Halo 5 are just trash imo. They're not fun and they're definitely not Halo. And they're just way too noob friendly now.

Now, on to Doom. The first Doom is one of my favorite games. I only got to play the alpha beta for about 2 hours and this closed beta for about 5 hours, but I enjoyed every second of them. Is the game perfect? Nope. But it's far better than the last three Halo games and it's probably the most straight up fun game I've played since Bulletstorm. I can't wait to play the campaign and I'm going to be playing the fudgecrackers out of the multiplayer.

That being said, Halo and Doom are nothing alike, aside from them both being a fps. So stop comparing them, would you kindly?
Exactly. They play soooo differently. And please, if you're gonna drop this game if the single player is bad, you gotta get with the times. Multiplayer has been a HUGE staple within id's FPS shooters. Hell Quake 3 Arena is still going strong and it obviously didnt have a real single player campaign.

I absolutely love Halo, its my favorite franchise and I think Halo 5 is amazing. However, before Halo I grew up playing Quake 2 and Arena on PC. Doom feels like an updated version of THOSE games and nothing like Halo. Hell the fact that theres no reload should be evidence enough that this is a different game.

As someone who posted above already said, if you dont like how Quake and Unreal play, then you probably wont like this game.

bread's done
Back