Free COD:Ghosts Gold & Dead Rising 3 downloads with Xbox One

PapaSmerf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
76 (100%)
This is just a question I hope someone can answer.  I purchased an Xbox One on clearance (it was returned) from Target.  It was the Forza 5 bundle.  When I hooked it up, there was a gamertag already saved on it so I reset it to factory settings.  After my son and I signed in, we were able to download COD: Ghosts Gold and Dead Rising 3 for free.  I have no idea why this would be.  Is this some sort of bundle I stumbled upon?  The Forza 5 was an unused code card, and there was no indication on the box about anything more.  From what I can tell they are not demos. I really don't have a clue about the Xbox One since I was waiting for more games before getting one.  I searched and found a bundle on SD that had these two games in it.   Any ideas? 

In the X360 when you buy a digital game it stores the license on the system itself...I'm assuming the same thing is happening on the XO that you bought, it was most likely previously purchased, and returned as "unused".  Consider yourself lucky!

Because there was som much backlash over the drm deal (which was basically steam which people love but whatever) that the fix patch for the dm basically undoes drm altogether. If you have a buddy willing to split with you, just put each other's gamertag on your x1 and split dl titles.

Because there was som much backlash over the drm deal (which was basically steam which people love but whatever) that the fix patch for the dm basically undoes drm altogether. If you have a buddy willing to split with you, just put each other's gamertag on your x1 and split dl titles.
This is what Im going to do once I buy one for me nephew in a few weeks.... both share eachothers games.

bread's done
Back