FREE Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun!

FYI, not just today.

Tiberian Sun with the Firestorm expansion pack have been free since February of 2010 (coinciding with the launch of Command and Conquer 4), just as the original C&C and Red Alert games were made free before that.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/62376/command-conquer-tiberian-sun-released#

If the trend continues, we'll probably see either Red Alert 2 or Command and Conquer Generals released for free next, probably to celebrate the launch of the next C&C game.

[quote name='Shadowiii']Oh hey, both these games are pretty good. Not the best C&C games, but pretty good. I have a nostalgic fondness for Tiberian Sun. :p[/QUOTE]

Tiberian Sun and Red Alert 2 are the best of the series then comes everything else.

yeah, they've been free for a while. EA used to have a direct download page, but I can't seem to find it now. Maybe they figured they should sell the "good" vesrions and give away the last POS they made???

C&C Original was one of the first strategy games I ever played (Civ 1 being the first). It holds a special place in my heart since RTS games are in my top 3 for fav genres. I would download this, but I still own the original, so don't really need to waste the hard drive space.

Tiberian sun, on the other hand, is not nearly as good.

Been free for a while, don't be fooled by IGN's "free game of the day": it doesn't mean that the game just became available for free that day, rather it's a free game they are simply highlighting that day.

Is this the lame Command & Conquer "Gold" edition for Windows 95, or the original version with huge awesome 320x200 immersive graphics, and installation animation?

Can't stand the propagation of C&C "Gold". Seemed to happen when all the Red Alert newbs jumped on board and didn't know what they were missing.

Edit: Looks like it's the FAIL edition.

bread's done
Back