Free copy of An Inconvenient Truth DVD...maybe not

CAG 79

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
http://sharethetruth.us/free/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0497116/

I have yet to see this movie so getting it for free is even better.

Edit: Thanks to MykeVermin for pointing this out.

From the website:

Hey you! Sharethetruth is powered by real people, not fake ones!

Since today's massive influx of visitors have come from FatWallet.com, SlickDeals.net, RedFlagDeals.com, and the like, many recent requests are generally being made in a different context than expected. Here's a sample of what people are saying:

Signed up. 1 less movie in my Netflix queue...
shieryda, CAG thread

I'm down for one. I saw this before. It was good. Maybe not exactly super exciting. But worth watching again... one day.
jdamirez, SlickDeals thread

Awesome! I can't wait to ebay my free copy.
breakfast-pants, Reddit.com thread

If it does come, I'm just going to turn around and sell it on Half.com or something.
GTZ_NSR, same CAG thread

While there's nothing wrong at all with scoring free or discounted stuff (I quite like it myself), I don't think most of the people requesting the DVD just to have a copy – or, $10 extra dollars – truly understand what this cause is about....

Who is:
Registrant:
eric pan
106 campbell st #6
santa cruz, California 95060
United States

This is the Who is for the real inconvenient truth site:
Registrant:
Al Gore
2100 West End Ave., Suite 620
Nashville, Tennessee 37203
United States

Enjoy that spam.

[quote name='rabidmonkeys']Who is:
Registrant:
eric pan
106 campbell st #6
santa cruz, California 95060
United States
[/quote]

If you looked thru the site, you would see that the site creator introduces himself and tells his idea for creating the site. http://sharethetruth.us/who/

[quote name='brianmoy']If you looked thru the site, you would see that the site creator introduces himself and tells his idea for creating the site. http://sharethetruth.us/who/[/quote]

actually looking at the site is overrated, why look at the site when you can do a whois.

[quote name='nwaugh']Propaganda should be free.[/quote]
Sure, propaganda that's obvious if you just look at the scientific facts. I'm not hardcore democrat nor am I hardcore republican, but the facts that Mr. Gore argue in this are pretty much indisputable.

[quote name='iheartmetal']thats neat... if you believe in that kind of liberal mumbo jumbo[/QUOTE]

Global Warming is an undeniable fact.

The debate that the major corporations want to create is whether their pollution is causing/accelerating Global Warming, or if it's just part of the planet's natural cycle.

Even if you want to believe the corporate interests, it's still worth seeing this movie just to see what is happening to the planet.

[quote name='javeryh']It was like 73 degrees on Saturday in north NJ - in January. Global warming FTW!!![/QUOTE]

It has been in the upper 30's and 40's in Southern Minnesota since the end of November. Lots of rain and about a total of about 4 inches of snow. I think we may have set records for the latest snowfall in record and most consecutive days above normal for December. Things should cool off considerably by the end of the week, though...perhaps we'll have a few weeks of winter? Sucks to be a snowboarder or x-country or downhill skier in the midwest and NE!

[quote name='tickdude']It has been in the upper 30's and 40's in Southern Minnesota since the end of November. Lots of rain and about a total of about 4 inches of snow. I think we may have set records for the latest snowfall in record and most consecutive days above normal for December. Things should cool off considerably by the end of the week, though...perhaps we'll have a few weeks of winter? Sucks to be a snowboarder or x-country or downhill skier in the midwest and NE![/QUOTE]

Unless your in Colorado...;)

Anyone interested in Global Warming and likes a good fiction novel read State of Fear by the brilliant Michael Crichton. It may not be his best work but it is a good read about when politics and science mix. Also at the end of the book it has Mr Crichton's thoughts on Global Warming.

I'll bet the envelope the movie comes in isn't even made from recycled materials.... Oh, and a correction. Global Warming is so 20th century. The new buzzword is 'Climate Change'. That way, even if the looney left-wing "scientific facts" don't pan out one way, they're still covered....

[quote name='glennzilla']I'll bet the envelope the movie comes in isn't even made from recycled materials.... Oh, and a correction. Global Warming is so 20th century. The new buzzword is 'Climate Change'. That way, even if the looney left-wing "scientific facts" don't pan out one way, they're still covered....[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but the movie itself does come in some recycled plastic sleeve, not the traditional DVD case.

[quote name='glennzilla']I'll bet the envelope the movie comes in isn't even made from recycled materials.... Oh, and a correction. Global Warming is so 20th century. The new buzzword is 'Climate Change'. That way, even if the looney left-wing "scientific facts" don't pan out one way, they're still covered....[/quote]

Actually, it IS made from recycled materials, which I found kinda neat.

I signed up, thanks OP.

Hopefully it comes, I definitely don't want to pay to see this. Also, great "user title" jshendel. I take it you're a Bad Religion fan?

I was gonna rent this but I guess not now. However I am not getting the e-mail. If I go back and enter a different e-mail (because I think Yahoo mail is just fucking this up) will they not send me it because I entered the same name/adress twice?

[quote name='javeryh']It was like 73 degrees on Saturday in north NJ - in January. Global warming FTW!!![/quote]
Oddly enough, here in New Mexico....the desert, we recieved the most snow in our history over the weekend after Christmas, it's also been unbelievably cold for this area.

[quote name='spoo']Anyone interested in Global Warming and likes a good fiction novel read State of Fear by the brilliant Michael Crichton.[/QUOTE]

Irony FTW! IIRC, Crichton's claims in the book were thoroughly debunked by a scientist, who made a brief appearance in Crichton's latest novel as a character unrelated to the plot or story, but whose status as a child molester was mentioned many, many times.

You gotta hand it to Crichton - he's so devoted to science. :roll:

BTW, in for 1 (I hope). Thanks OP!

[quote name='Rozz']I was gonna rent this but I guess not now. However I am not getting the e-mail. If I go back and enter a different e-mail (because I think Yahoo mail is just fucking this up) will they not send me it because I entered the same name/adress twice?[/QUOTE]

The way I understood that message is that they aren't sending the e-mails yet.

In case anyone is interested, some news program came out a while ago with a big feature on companies that are hired specifically to refute another political party's scientific evidence.

By making the waters murky enough, the idea is that people say "if you believe in global warming".

My brother in law was talking to my dad about global warming, and started his sentence with "first of all, do you believe in global warming?" That is so preposterous to me, that there are those out there who still believe it is not real. We are changing the face of the entire planet. To believe our industry and energy consumption have no effect on it seems child-like to me.

Anyone saying they don't want to see this movie, or that it isn't true, or that it is propaganda is just plain wrong......this movie is true, based on facts, and insightful.

I have seen it and I planned on buying a copy when I had some spare cash and if this never comes then I will buy it.....everyone NEEDS to see this movie to see the damage that humanity is causing.......

If after seeing the movie you still think it is wrong or incorrect or stupid, then I honestly think you have more problems than anyone can help you fix........

[quote name='magiic']actually looking at the site is overrated, why look at the site when you can do a whois.[/QUOTE]

Why would you look through a site to see if its valid? What makes it valid? The fact that the site itself says it's valid? Sorry, I'd rather look at the folks who govern it to tell me if it's valid.

While global warming is real.....the fact is We don't REALLY know what will happen or why its happening. Blaming Humans is to easy but there are other factors at play to. I seem to remember that the Hurricane season of 2006 was going to the the one of the Worst ever and look what happened....nada.
Point is if we can't predict one season of hurricanes, then how can we predict the climate in 50-100years?

Yeah, and what I found funny about this give-away was this.

Meh. I've seen this documentary. Giving it away free doesn't make me wanna see it again. My biggest gripe about it is not the liberal slant, but the fact that it seemed at least almost a third of the movie is less about global warming and more about Gore and his 2000 run for presidency.

Believe what you want about global warming, since even scientists cannot agree on the cause. Personally, I think less than 1% of global warming is caused by humans.

The problem with the whole global warming issue is that it based on the idea that Earth should be a certain way, and since it is not, it is our fault. The Earth is and always will be extremely unpredictable. There is no balance, only a chaotic system punctuated by catastrophies. The last ice age was less than 10,000 years ago. Go back further, and you got dinosaurs walking around and the majority of the Earth was believed to be like a huge primordial swamp; hot and humid just like reptiles love.

Men have only just begun using fossil fuels such as oil and coal within the last 150 years. So after about 150 trips around the sun, the earth is now being destroyed by humans after it has been so "perfect" for millions of trips around the sun. Whatever. Man is small. Earth is big.

Earth FTW!!

bread's done
Back