Free copy of Midnight Club 2 on Steam

louiedog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
56 (100%)
Join the Official Rockstar Games Community on Steam at http://steamcommunity.com/games/rockstargames by 10 am Pacific Time on Tuesday, May 15, 2012, and receive one non-giftable copy of Midnight Club 2 in your Steam account.

Eligibility: User must have a Steam account with at least one successful purchase in the account. The offer is not available to users who already own Midnight Club 2.

link

Thanks to The End in the Steam Deal Thread for making me aware of it.

Notice: This game does not support Windows 7 or Windows Vista. There's discussion about getting it working in the Steam forum, but it may come with side effects.

Last edited by a moderator:
Notice: This game does not support Windows 7 or Windows Vista. There's discussion about getting it working in the Steam forum, but it may come with side effects.

[quote name='Scorch']I joined. How do I get the game?[/QUOTE]

It will probably be added to your account sometime after the cutoff date.

[quote name='louiedog']Notice: This game does not support Windows 7 or Windows Vista. There's discussion about getting it working in the Steam forum, but it may come with side effects.

It will probably be added to your account sometime after the cutoff date.[/QUOTE]

So they're trolling 1/2 of steam (>>)

Does having portal in your account count as a purchase? I got it for free from the valve promotion and never actually bought anything from steam yet.

[quote name='louiedog']It will probably be added to your account sometime after the cutoff date.[/QUOTE]

In the comments for the post, Rockstar said by May 29th.

"
Rockstar Games posted on May 10, 2012 @ 12:27pm
Also, just to clear up any confusion, Midnight Club 2 will appear in your accounts by May 29th.
"

This is the first time I'm posting a deal on CAG, so I hope I didn't put this in the wrong place. If you join the Rockstar club on Steam by 10 am PST on May 15, you get a non-giftable copy of Midnight Club added to your account. You have to have at least one game already attached to your steam account though in order to receive the game. If that one game happens to already be Midnight Club 2, you won't receive anything. The group page is right below.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/rockstargames

The game is supposed to be added to your account within the next couple of weeks, however it is currently not supported by Windows 7/Vista. There's supposed to be a way around that outlined here: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=640392

I got all the details from this site: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/117217-Rockstar-Gives-Away-Midnight-Club-2-on-Steam

Ah, thanks for pointing it out. I clicked on deals and was taken straight here, but now I see where to look next time. Sorry about that, if I knew how to delete this thread I would.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Who goes to the freebie and contest forum it's mostly junk? I'm not saying it doesn't deserve a place there but I honestly don't go there, i read about this in the steam thread it is a deal, granted its free but it will get waaaaay more exposure here.[/QUOTE]

I agree that more people will see it in the deals forum but that's not the way stuff works here. I recently had a thread about a free video game soundtrack moved/merged from the deals forum to the free stuff forum.

Actually, the newest version of Midnight Club 2 should work with vista/7, they released a patch through steam, but didn't bother to update the game details screen.

[quote name='devyanks90']Check your steam library, got my copy added sometime over the weekend.[/QUOTE]

thanks for posting i was wondering if they were ever going to send them and they did.

Were you guys already in the group before they offered the game? I don't have the game on my list, and I've been a member of the group already and didn't rejoin.

EDIT: Nevermind, I didn't realize that I was in the Rockstar Games Official Group instead of just the Rockstar Games one. So stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back