Free Copy of WoW w/ Starcraft II @ Battlenet & Amazon

Got my e-mail as well, downloading the client now. Doubt I will stay past the 30 days. I beta'd it back in the day for awhile, then hit it up a year ago or so with a week trial. Always fun for a little bit but nothing I am going to pay monthly for.

[quote name='hoofrog']Got my e-mail as well, downloading the client now. Doubt I will stay past the 30 days. I beta'd it back in the day for awhile, then hit it up a year ago or so with a week trial. Always fun for a little bit but nothing I am going to pay monthly for.[/QUOTE]

See you in a few years

[quote name='Greatwhitecoley']Was going to say the same thing. The only difference between wow and black tar heroine is that the heroine is more expensive.[/QUOTE]
you obviously havent done heroin before

Wonder if it stacks with trials from people... would be an easy way to get more rockets... hrm.

Haven't had an email myself, probably because I own SC2 and have an active/upgraded WoW account. Blizzard knows they own my soul.

[quote name='TheRock88']So do you need to get the email for it to work? Or can you just download the client and it'll recognize you already own SC2?[/QUOTE]

This is the exact wording of the e-mail:

"Thanks a lot for being an early supporter of StarCraft II. The community is off to a great start, with over four million players worldwide and I'm pleased to report that the rumors of the death of real-time-strategy gaming have been greatly exaggerated.
As a thank you for your early support, I've flagged your Battle.net account to receive a free, downloadable copy of World of Warcraft. This is the full version of World of Warcraft that we sell in store and includes a 30-day subscription. Just follow the instructions below to activate it, download the game, and start playing. Again, it's totally free."

So I guess the question is what is there window for "early" supporters? Depending on when you activated SC2 on your account the free WoW should be there.

[quote name='georox']
Haven't had an email myself, probably because I own SC2 and have an active/upgraded WoW account. Blizzard knows they own my soul.[/QUOTE]

No more freebies once your hooked. Wanna get high? fuck you pay me! lol

This is actually a pretty smart idea since Blizzard makes most of their money from subscriptions rather than boxes sold now. Hell I would use my free copy of WoW if I had a job and wasn't hooked to LOTRO, but alas that free copy will just sit in my account all lonely and waiting to be used.

Anyway thanks for the info because otherwise I wouldn't have known seeing as how my Blizzard emails go into the junk folder just like all the fake ones.

EDIT: I will say that it is lame it automatically starts your 30 day trial when you add it to your account and not when you start actually playing the game. I mean I guess I probably could have not added it to my account until I actually wanted to play it, but oh well lost that chance now...

I didn't think much of this deal since vanilla WoW has been so cheap from time to time. Sometime near BF last year, it was on sale for $4.99 with $5 amazon credit making it essentially free.

That and SC2 is MSRP during this deal when it has been offered for cheaper.

a little off topic... but Is there any reason I should wait to get Starcraft 2? I want it, and the lowest I've seen it is $49.99 on newegg, no tax no shipping. Any chance it'll get any lower?

[quote name='aznguyen316']cool let my sis know as she has SCII but no wow.[/QUOTE]

maybe thats a good thing.

[quote name='Kaltic']This is actually a pretty smart idea since Blizzard makes most of their money from subscriptions rather than boxes sold now.

[/QUOTE]

Actually not just because of the subscriptions sold, but because if you want to experience everything, you need to buy three extra expansions. Wrath still costs $30 and Cataclysm is $40 so offering the original game for free is very smart on their part.

[quote name='martyback']I assume this doesn't work for people with SC2 and WoW already?[/QUOTE]

that would be my guess cause I didn't get shit from blizzard. I don't really care too much tho. A. I quit World of Warcrack a long time ago, and B. I already have a free copy I got from amazon during the buy for $5 and get a $5 credit deal.

Ok. Im not sure why this hasnt been addressed or clarified yet but how does this work if you havent gotten the email? I was in the SC2 Beta AND Preordered so why havent I gotten an email or the game on my bnet account? What do I needa do? I wouldnt mind playing the game for 30 days. Loved it when my friend let me play on his account. Let me know! Thanks.

if you haven't gotten the email check your spam folder. Gmail decided the email was junk and almost deleted it.

bread's done
Back