Free Digital Movie From Best Buy & CinemaNow Choices Include Green Lantern Etc.

notaspaceship

CAGiversary!
Apologies if this has been posted, I tried to search the forums but came up empty. If you're on the Best Buy e-mail list, check for the message entitled "Captain America: The First Avenger in exclusive packaging".

Scroll down to the bottom, there's a box that says "Digital Movies" and an offer for one free movie from CinemaNow. You have to sign up for an account, but it's free.

Choices include:

Arthur
Batman Begins
Batman Year One
The Dark Knight
The Departed
Friday
Green Lantern
Hall Pass
Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay
Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle
Horrible Bosses
Lord of the Rings Fellowship of the Ring Extended
Lord of the Rings The Two Towers Extended
Lord of the Rings Return of the King Extended
Mortal Kombat
Mortal Kombat II
Red Riding Hood
Sherlock Holmes
Sucker Punch
Unknown
Watchmen

Please note that this offer is for a download, not a physical disc. I chose "Green Lantern". Was kind of balking about buying it, but free? Free I can do.

Edit/Update:

You can do this more than once. I had an e-mail about Cars 2 in my inbox today, scrolled down, saw something about a complimentary movie again and repeated the process for a free download of Sherlock Holmes. I did not have to create another account and did not receive any message about one offer per person, so if you missed out or want another of the movies, keep checking your Best Buy e-mails.

Last edited by a moderator:
is there a code we use or is the link in the email special? I don't have that email, but would like to do this deal.

(annoying because I am subscribed to BB's email list)

Thanks, My email was instead entitled:
"Enjoy a complimentary movie from CinemaNow‏"
I just assumed it was a only rental and saved it for later. :lol:

[quote name='Darknuke']is there a code we use or is the link in the email special? I don't have that email, but would like to do this deal.

(annoying because I am subscribed to BB's email list)[/QUOTE]

IDK if it matters but mine came to my silver rewards email, my other email has nothing.

Thanks, got the email yesterday and deleted it. Luckily it was still in the trash folder. So just wondering but do these movies work on iPhones/iPads?

It's most likely a streaming rental, but CinemaNow is garbage. Unless they've changed anything recently, you can only watch it on a computer in standard def.

[quote name='Transformah']It's most likely a streaming rental, but CinemaNow is garbage. Unless they've changed anything recently, you can only watch it on a computer in standard def.[/QUOTE]

No, full purchase- normally $15.99. Streamed it in HD directly to my LG TV.
CinemaNow is also on Sammy, Panny, LG & insignia blu-rays.

FWIW, Greenlantern was indeed bad, but nowhere near as terrible as I expected (I was thinking AVP2/Elektra terrible but it was more DareDevil bad).

Thanks for the tip, OP. I had a link to a free download at the bottom of an email from 10/19, promoting the $5 BD upgrade offer.

I'm not very happy with the actual offer, though. Sure, it's free, but it's SD only. The site claims that you need to have an Intel Insder processor in order to play the HD version:
Intel® InsiderTM is a hardware-based content protection mechanism. Requires a 2nd generation Intel® CoreTM processor-based PC with built-in visuals enabled. Intel Insider requires an HDCP protected display. VGA output not supported. Consult your PC manufacturer. For more information, visit www.intel.com/go/intelinsider.
So, to watch HD versions, you have to buy a new computer?

Nice. :roll:

Sweet! Thanks OP!

I found another code in another e-mail from a week ago as well. I just did a search for "Complimentary Movie" in my e-mail box and there was another link at the bottom of another e-mail.

The e-mail was titled "For a limited time, upgrade to Blu-ray and save $5"

It was a different code and it said it expires 11/2/2011.

I didn't post a link/code because the one I got looked like it was unique to me, sorry. I buy a lot of Blu-Ray and video games from Best Buy, so maybe that's why I got the e-mail? It seems like the offer is being extended through different messages though, so if you haven't gotten one yet, check your old messages or be on the look out for new ones. My offer said it was good through 11/08/2011. From what the boys at Best Buy told me, they're really pushing CinemaNow (deal with Xbox coming soon, Batman Under the Red Hood included with Arkham City etc.).

[quote name='h3llbring3r']No, full purchase- normally $15.99. Streamed it in HD directly to my LG TV.
CinemaNow is also on Sammy, Panny, LG & insignia blu-rays.

FWIW, Greenlantern was indeed bad, but nowhere near as terrible as I expected (I was thinking AVP2/Elektra terrible but it was more DareDevil bad).[/QUOTE]

PS3 also has a Cinema Now app; downloaded it Tuesday.

There was also another email with Harry Potter in the title after the Cars 2 that also has a code for a free movie.

Wish they had more of a selection. Don't know which to get: Green Lantern, Horrible Bosses, or Two Towers?

Problem with CinemaNow is you can't really go back to where you left off if you don't watch it through (at least on my Panny blu). 8x forwarding on a regular 1.25 hour movie is a pain, much less trying to FF>> a 3 hour LOTR movie.

actually, I found 2, both in the trash.

Got Batman Year one and sherlock holmes

Just tried to play them on my ps3 and it won't let me play them back without adding a credit card first which is kind of bullshit.

I have a code if anyone wants it. No lurkers. I will check post counts and join dates. PM me for the code and I'll send it out to the first person to PM me that is a regular contributor to CAG.

CODE HAS BEEN CLAIMED

Woohoo! Got a new code found in a BB email with "Smallville with exclusive t-shirt; Get a movie on us..." in the subject that was just sent out.

Be on the lookout and don't throw it out. I'm liking these emails. :p

A bunch of new titles added like:

The 11th Hour
The Assassination of Jesse James
The Aviator
The Blind Side
Blood Diamond
Elf
The Fugitive
Full Metal Jacket
Get Smart
The Time Traveler's Wife
Happy Feet
Harry Potter 1-6
He's Just Not That Into You
Hollywood Sex Wars
I Am Legend
The Informant
Invictus
The Matrix
Ocean's Eleven
Semi-Pro
The Shawshank Redemption
The Shining
Terminator Salvation
Troy (Director's Cut)
Unforgiven
V For Vendetta
We Are Marshall
Wedding Crashers
What a Girl Wants
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
The Wizard of Oz
Yes Man

Thanx for the tip! i grabbed all three LOTR movies, both Harold and Kumar, Goonies, and Arthur. streaming them through my ps3.

Just downloaded 5 movies for free!!! Had a bunch of old emails that said code was expired and they weren't!!! Crazy stupid love, elf, 300, Sherlock Holmes, and green lantern!!!

Same thing as before. I have one of these codes and I don't plan on ever using it. If you are a long time contributor to CAG and want it, shoot me a PM and you can have the code. I check join date and post counts when giving stuff away to prevent lurkers from snagging free stuff.

[quote name='avwjase']Same thing as before. I have one of these codes and I don't plan on ever using it. If you are a long time contributor to CAG and want it, shoot me a PM and you can have the code. I check join date and post counts when giving stuff away to prevent lurkers from snagging free stuff.[/QUOTE]

It won't let me pm , but I would take the code if no one else claims, other wise not a huge deal

Wait, you can use the 8 DAYS OF MOVIES codes multiple times on the PS3 or just once? Maybe I'm getting different deals confused.

No! Best buy has been emailing free codes every couple of days in advertising emails, there just at the bottom. I found five emails and used all five codes even though they said expired. Same movies as the 8 days of free movies

[quote name='bestkeeper14']No! Best buy has been emailing free codes every couple of days in advertising emails, there just at the bottom. I found five emails and used all five codes even though they said expired. Same movies as the 8 days of free movies[/QUOTE]
Sweet, I just found 3 left in my deleted items box that worked. :)

They are regular emails, advertising different sales, then at the very bottom, in small is complimentary movie...

[quote name='bestkeeper14']They are regular emails, advertising different sales, then at the very bottom, in small is complimentary movie...[/QUOTE]

Apparently I must not get them....maybe it is random. Although, I saw in one of my old ones is that SILVER members get a free movie, but I don't see how to redeem that.

I searched for CinemaNow in my gmail, and I have a few, but no codes....oh well, not a big deal.

Just got another email with a free code - $10 gift card with 3 Blu-rays, plus get a movie on us - used it on Horrible Bosses

bread's done
Back