Free Dualshock controller with the purchase of PS3 & Killzone 2 at Gamestop

RCS0926

CAGiversary!
I stopped by my local GS today and was told by the sales rep that there's going to be a 3 day promo where you can get a free Dualshock controller with the purchase of a PS3 and Killzone 2. I'm assuming that the promo will start this Friday (2/27), which is the release date for KZ2, and it should run through Sunday. Anyway, I'm not going just by the CSR's word. He actually showed me a circular flyer for this promo. I didn't look at the date, so I apologize for not being able to confirm when it starts. However, logic dictates that his deal would start on 2/27.

Any screenshot of the promo you are talking about.
iy.gif

iy.gif

[quote name='gamernut']Any screenshot of the promo you are talking about.
iy.gif

iy.gif
[/quote]

The flyers were still shrink-wrapped, so I wasn't able to take one with me. However, I'm 100% sure of this deal. The only thing I'm not sure about is when it starts. As I said before, the flyer is actually circular and shows Killzone 2 art.

[quote name='Foo228']Guess it's a variation on getting a $50 gc.[/quote]

Interesting stuff. If the PS3 really does get a price drop in the very near future, then that's going to be great. However, I'm going to be a little disappointed as well since I just spent a huge chunk of my GS credit on a Wii. I really wanted a PS3, but my wife talked me into getting a Wii instead. :cry:

Don't worry, the wii is not going down in price anytime soon.

Smart move, unless your already regretting the purchase.

[quote name='Foo228']Don't worry, the wii is not going down in price anytime soon.

Smart move, unless your already regretting the purchase.[/quote]

I wasn't anticipating a price drop for the Wii, and I'm not regretting the purchase yet. I just really wanted a PS3 and was waiting for a price drop, so I could maximize my credit. I've only had my Wii since Saturday, and I only have Wii Sports and Rayman Raving Rabbids. I think I just need to get a really good Wii or Gamecube game so that I can appreciate my new system.

you got me hyped up i was already getting the game at gamestop i was hoping to get a free controller but then i saw you had to buy a ps3

[quote name='el swordo']you got me hyped up i was already getting the game at gamestop i was hoping to get a free controller but then i saw you had to buy a ps3[/quote]

Yeah, it's not a bad deal at all if you're looking to buy a new PS3 just so you can play Killzone 2. However, even though KZ2 is going to be purchased by a lot of current PS3 owners, I'm not sure that it will be able to sell systems especially if MGS4 didn't...

[quote name='RCS0926']Yeah, it's not a bad deal at all if you're looking to buy a new PS3 just so you can play Killzone 2. However, even though KZ2 is going to be purchased by a lot of current PS3 owners, I'm not sure that it will be able to sell systems especially if MGS4 didn't...[/quote]

MGS4 sold quite a few systems I thought? I'm fairly sure for the month of June it even outsold the Wii.

Too bad I can't buy KZ2 and the PS3 and decide I don't want them later; even as much as I like abusing GameStop, t'ain't right. I just wish there was a decent deal on a DualShock 3. I wouldn't use it enough to justify $55, or really even $40. I might be able to justify it to myself at $25-30, but something tells me I'd need to warp ahead 2-3 years to even think about seeing that. I guess it's me being more upset at the price of controllers rather than the lack of deals for them, though a decrease in the former and increase in the latter would make me giddy with glee.

^^
Hmmm, I must have been mistaken then. I just thought that the sales for MGS4 paled in comparison to the best that the Wii and 360 had to offer. If MGS4 really did sells PS3s, then maybe there is hope that KZ2 will do the same. If that's the case, then getting the extra DS3 is a nice bonus even if you can't take advantage of it with KZ2.

I thought this said free dualshock with killzone 2 purchase, and thought epic flip.
Then I saw that you had to buy a PS3 also. *sadface*

bread's done
Back