FREE - Duty Calls (Call of Duty Parody from Epic Games)

nflsonic

CAGiversary!
Came across this on Kotaku:

First Bulletstorm took on Halo with a touching, vomit-soaked diorama. That's good enough for Halo, but to take on Call of Duty it'll need something meatier, like the full downloadable PC game Duty Calls.

I've seen games marketed by mocking other titles before (mocketing?), but never quite to the extent Epic Games is taking it with Bulletstorm. Duty calls is a full downloadable PC shooter weighing in at more than 700MB, packed with features that should really speak to Call of Duty players. Of course by speak I actually mean laughing while pointing, possibly rolling on the floor.

The feature list includes:

1. Duty Vision™ slows down the action so you can unload a storm of bullets
2. Immersive dialogue from the front lines
3. Cold, calculated realism
4. Killing animations motion captured from real actors
5. True-life reloading system allows for mistakes in putting the cartridge in the gun
6. Iconic sound effects
7. Thwart an enemy threat that could topple the country and possibly the world
8. Significant and historically accurate props

We've got the game downloaded and will be putting it through its paces shortly. Head over to the official Duty Calls page to catch up.

I just tried it out myself and it provided some cheap laughs worthy of the download. Yet, it only lasts for about 5 minutes!

Mind you, this is yet another fantastic marketing ploy for the upcoming Epic Games shooter, Bulletstorm.

You can pick up Duty Calls on their website: http://www.thedutycalls.com/download.html

A 700MB game that only lasts for around 5 minutes? Wow, definitely wasting my bandwidth on this. ;)

cliffy b is either really mad at the new shooters taking his spot or a marketing genius......perhaps somewhere in between. either way, bulletstorm looks amazing and this is a great way to promote it. shoulda made it last longer tho......

[quote name='Brownjohn']The first letter of each of the eight features spells out DICKTITS, btw.[/QUOTE]

Didn't even notice that, worthy of the download, these guys really have a good sense of humor. Free download makes me kind of want to buy this now?

Win.

bread's done
Back