(FREE) ECA Membership, Amazon Codes are down for time being

Status
Not open for further replies.

emeraldgsl

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Mods' edit:
No begging for codes. Beggars will be permabanned on the spot.

[img-l=5198]6006[/img-l]Get 10% off all your Amazon gaming purchases for a year and receive other special benefits by joining the ECA, a non-profit advocacy organization which is dedicated to defending and advancing the interests of gamers. Codes aren't available at the moment, unknown ETA when/if they'll be back.

icon4.gif
Join the ECA $14.99 (college students & military), others $19.99

(Free memberships available, see below.)

Complete list of discounts/benfits [hiddenlist]
Discounted games sales/rental offerings from:

• Amazon.com - download a code from the Benefits section to use at Amazon.com towards 10% off your games purchases. If you buy three or more games a year, this benefit alone makes being a member worth it.
  • Direct2Drive.com - download your code from the ECA's exclusive member benefits section to use at Direct2Drive.com towards 10% off your game purchases.Direct2Drive's easy and secure system lets you download full pc games, arcade games, anime, game guides, and comics from home instead of dealing with waiting time and inventory stock-outs. Check out thier site for the best way to buy!
  • GameFly - is offering ECA members a 30-day free trial to their video game rental service.
  • Good Old Games - a leading destination for download-to-own DRM-free classic PC games, is offering members 20% off of new game purchases.
  • Newegg/Patriot Gaming - get $10 off when you buy select memory sticks.
Discounted admission/access offerings from:

• NYComiCon - is offering members a discount on the price of admission.
  • Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) - members receive 10% off the price of admission to the Penny Arcade Expo in Seattle, Washington for pre-registrants.
  • TooManyGames - get $1 off entry to gaming community events.
  • VGXPO - America's Video Game Expo is offering 10% discounted admission.
Discounted/Free Trial offerings from:

• GameJobs - ECA members receive free resume uploads at GameJobs.com, the leading job board and career site serving the games business.
  • Hyatt Hotels - members receive a 5-10% discount on room rates at Hyatt Hotels throughout the US and Canada.
  • Prima Publishing - get 10% off of over 500 hint book and strategy guides.
  • Warcry - ECA members are invited to take advantage of a 30-day free trial membership in the Warcry Network's "Choice" program.
[/hiddenlist]

[quote name='dallascowboys']If you use the code GIMAG on theeca.com (found in an article of the new Crackdown GI issue), you can receive a free, full 1 year membership (I think it's only for new accounts). You do need a credit card to sign up, but if you cancel before the 1 year is up, you won't be charged. This is a great deal for the free amazon discount. Be sure to use the coupon soon, because the article doesn't mention the expiration for the coupon.

Enjoy guys!
dallascowboys

P.S. Now all of CAG can have an ECA membership!

Also, after you enter your CC number and the coupon, the page after lets you check everything before you submit your order. That way you know that the coupon worked and you won't be charged.

-----------------------

LinkinPrime Edit:

Check your spam filters for the confirmation link, if you signed up for the newsletter you will get 2 emails, one for the newsletter and one for the membership. For some reason the newsletter one showed up in my inbox and the membership was in my junk mail folder, so keep an eye out.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='slickkill77']You weren't kidding. Ok I found this on page 28. All credit goes to jacknicklson for the original faq (1-6).

ECA/Amazon FAQ

1. I can't get into the member's area/can't find out where to pay. Help!

After the initial registration email, you should receive a second email linking you to a payment page. You can request that this email be resent if need be. Make sure to check your junk/spam folders as well.

2. Will this work on consoles?

No. Games and most accessories only. Physical point cards are also eligible, but not digital point codes.

3. Do these work on Quick Picks/Deals of the Day/Trade-in Coupons?

Yes, Yes, and Yes!

4. How do I get my Quick Picks to show games?

http://betterelevation.com/2009/02/1...old-box-trick/
This should be a basis to get it to work for whatever you are interested in. It is not a science though so be persistent.

5. Does this work on Pre-orders?

Yes, it does. The price will also automatically take off 10% of whatever the final selling point is due to the Pre-Price Guarantee that Amazon offers.

6. I have heard that these offers have expired/been removed, is this true?

There have been a few instances where codes expired or they ran out but The ECA and Amazon have usually rectified the situation within a week or so. Also, the Terms of Service state that any membership benefits can change or be canceled without any notice so keep that in mind when signing up.

7. Double and Triple stacking

This is no longer possible. Don't bother trying. Originally when the ECA would run out of codes and switch to a new batch members were able to stack codes. A glitch in Amazon's system would keep older codes in your account, and it was possible to add codes from the newer batches to obtain more than 10% off. Amazon found out about this, hence the reason the codes are currently down/ being worked on.

8. Begging/Asking for codes

This is not allowed. If you beg/ask for a code you will be permabanned. No questions asked.

9. Selling codes

Definitely a big no no. If you do this, you will get reported to the ECA and your account will be shut down.

10. If I make a pre-order with a code a cancel it, will the code still work?

Yes. Codes should remain in your account but again they will no longer stack. It is one code per game. Amazon and the ECA are working on codes tied into our accounts but this option is not yet available.

11. If I already have a pre-order made, can I add a 10% off code to it?

You can not add a anything to an order once it is made except a gift card. You can try emailing Amazon customer support and ask them to add it. Generally they have no issue doing this for you but it's a crap shoot.

12. What if I already have a pre-order with the old codes applied? Should I be worried?

We don't know definitively, but chances are good that Amazon will not touch the pre orders we have already made.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
My ECA was paid for when I preordered DJ Hero. So far I saved about 60 bucks between that, Tekken 6 LE, and a handful of "deal of the days".

yo thanks to that 10% i was able to buy all the games i wanted for a while well that and swagbucks its just like google but thay give you things for searching i got 150$ worth of Amazon.com gift card if you want to check it out here swagbucks.com/refer/gfhgfthgfhlj you need to subscribe but its worth it and they dont send junk mail or anything. hope you get as much as i did.

Amazon does not charge until your item ships
You can get items in your gold box even if you preorder them. People on here have done it.

well I used my 50% off coupon and picked up NBA 2k10 anniversary edition for the 360. Had to email customer service to get the 10% applied since it won't work normally anymore for the 360 version. My order is now at -$4.99. Wonder if I have to wait till the game ships to get that $4.99 credit back in my account....

[quote name='Jodou']You seem confused. He won't have a shot at a gold box price if he pre-orders, so it's not like he can't monitor pricing regardless.[/QUOTE]I was referring to your statement about not locking in pre-orders. Not taking into account the Gold Box discount, which is a crap shoot anyway, getting the game at the lowest price seems like a good enough reason to order it prior to release. I personally haven't had problems with the pre-order price guarantee not working

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']well I used my 50% off coupon and picked up NBA 2k10 anniversary edition for the 360. Had to email customer service to get the 10% applied since it won't work normally anymore for the 360 version. My order is now at -$4.99. Wonder if I have to wait till the game ships to get that $4.99 credit back in my account....[/QUOTE]
That's how it was for me when I preordered Ghostbusters and the price dropped. I didn't get the left over credit back until it shipped.

awesome got odst in my goldbox today, with that and my ECA discount came to $51, and i'll be getting that $10 in credit as well

On the ECA page, it now has a line that says:

"Members please note: These codes expire on 9/30/09"

Does that mean the code deal with Amazon ends then, or the currently displayed code expires then? Sounds ominous.

[quote name='MannishBoy']On the ECA page, it now has a line that says:

"Members please note: These codes expire on 9/30/09"

Does that mean the code deal with Amazon ends then, or the currently displayed code expires then? Sounds ominous.[/QUOTE]

The current batch of codes expire on 9/30/09... The last batch expired on 6/30 so they doing 'em by quarter.

That being said... Amazon could decide at anytime not to do more but with the deals they have going it looks like they really want to move some product.

Looks like someone's selling ECA Amazon codes on eBay again:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Amazon-com-10-off-Video-Games-and-Accessories-Code_W0QQitemZ220462551113QQcategoryZ31411QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m215QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DSICDD%26its%3DI%252BC%252BS%252BIA%26itu%3DUS-BWR%252BUCI%252BUCC%252BIT%252BUA%26otn%3D12%26ps%3D33

I can only assume he's selling ECA codes at least. I don't know where else you'd get these specific codes from.

EDIT: Just noticed that people over at Slickdeals have been buying a ton of his codes to buy RB2, so he's definitely cashing-in. They say that while his listing says he mails the codes, he actually e-mails them...which isn't surprising at all.

I'm getting less and less things in my Gold Box as of late. I used to get 6 items in there (games or otherwise). Now I'm getting 5s and 4s, with my other amazon account having nothing in it. On the bright side, I got Metroid: Other M in my Gold Box!

Everyone should report him on eBay. They don't allow digital product sales anyway. He says he is sending them by USPS First Class Mail? Yeah right... and he's sold quite a few of them as well. Hope he's not a CAG. What a creep.

Whoever that fucktard was just got reported by me. This is why we cant have more good things like this.

I reported him to eBay as well. I also sent him a question about his item earlier today asking if he got them from the ECA. I think we already know the answer to that one.

It says he's already sold 24 codes today. Here's to hoping it doesn't get anymore cash out of it.

EDIT: An hour after I checked, he's now up to 34 codes sold. That's $42.50 (minus eBay fees). Come on eBay, get this punk!

[quote name='aaronmills']Looks like someone's selling ECA Amazon codes on eBay again:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Amazon-com-10-o...itu=US-BWR%2BUCI%2BUCC%2BIT%2BUA&otn=12&ps=33

I can only assume he's selling ECA codes at least. I don't know where else you'd get these specific codes from.

EDIT: Just noticed that people over at Slickdeals have been buying a ton of his codes to buy RB2, so he's definitely cashing-in. They say that while his listing says he mails the codes, he actually e-mails them...which isn't surprising at all.[/QUOTE]
What a scumbag. It's buttholes like this that ruin it for everybody else.

I made a report to eBay as well. Hopefully this POS is shut down pretty soon.

We all need to keep trolling eBay for these scumbags and get the listings removed a.s.a.p.

After knowing about this for a few months and buying 2 games, I finally decided to buy a membership. I canceled my preorder for Madden 10, and now its $51 with a $10 coupon, so it was pretty much $41.

according to the link the listing has been removed. Good job cager's. we need to keep an eye on these d bags and put them out of business asap!!

Was the seller banned?

Can someone post up a canned message so we can just copy it into an email to ebay. Plenty of people will try to sell it since it showed up on slickdeals.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']well I used my 50% off coupon and picked up NBA 2k10 anniversary edition for the 360. Had to email customer service to get the 10% applied since it won't work normally anymore for the 360 version. My order is now at -$4.99. Wonder if I have to wait till the game ships to get that $4.99 credit back in my account....[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming you paid with your trade-in credit causing the credit balance. I have the same thing on my ODST preorder, a $3.40 credit. I emailed customer service and asked them to apply the credit to another open preorder. They said that the funds can't be released until after the order is processed when it's a gift card preorder. Oh well.

[quote name='Japakneez']hmm. This isn't the first time yalestudent has posted up ECA codes for sale. Google Cache

His older listing got removed. It sure didn't stop him from making this latest auction :roll:[/QUOTE]

Of course this time he says the code expires one year from purchase. Riiiiiight.

Has anyone successfuly joined ECA within the last 24 hours? I tried last night but never got a validation email with a link for paying dues. I tried three different email addresses and nada. Tried emailing the support staff and got an out of office message.

[quote name='Obi-Juan']Has anyone successfuly joined ECA within the last 24 hours? I tried last night but never got a validation email with a link for paying dues. I tried three different email addresses and nada. Tried emailing the support staff and got an out of office message.[/QUOTE]

I joined yesterday, so it would have been within 24 hours. The first Email I tried didn't work, but my Gmail account did.

It's been like 3 days and I still have not received an email, should I just make another account, or do I just change the email address?

:X

edit:

Actually scratch that, was my fault. Fixed.

Yesterday - Gran Turismo 5 for $48.44
Today - Gran Turismo (PSP) for $33.99

Took long enough. My first two orders of the month as well.

[quote name='Obi-Juan']Has anyone successfuly joined ECA within the last 24 hours? I tried last night but never got a validation email with a link for paying dues. I tried three different email addresses and nada. Tried emailing the support staff and got an out of office message.[/QUOTE]

I joined at 6 pm last night. It worked the first time.

[quote name='finsfan0210']does the discount only aplly to games from amazon directly or can i be from any merchant on amazon?[/QUOTE]

Directly from Amazon only

[quote name='speedrunner17']So I just join now and I get my 10% discount now? I'm looking to order my Ions witin the hour.[/QUOTE]

Yes

[quote name='speedrunner17']So I just join now and I get my 10% discount now?[/QUOTE]
Just go to the ECA my membership page and generate a one time use Amazon coupon.

So i bought the CoDMW2 Prestige Edition on amazon with my 50%off code... and out of pocket i had to pay ~$15... Can i still join the ECA and than apply the ECA code to this order that has already been placed?

[quote name='Nintendokid54']So i bought the CoDMW2 Prestige Edition on amazon with my 50%off code... and out of pocket i had to pay ~$15... Can i still join the ECA and than apply the ECA code to this order that has already been placed?[/QUOTE]

No, promos can only be applied during checkout I believe. You could cancel and re-order it assuming the 50% promo hasn't expired.

[quote name='aaronmills']"yalestudent" needs to get schooled in the ways of the CAG: Reported to eBay.

Congratulations, loser, you're making money off a non-profit group. :applause:[/QUOTE]
Apparently Ebay hasn't gotten around to this dude selling the codes. I would assume that a surplus in them could potentially kill off deals like this. I guess getting 10% off wasn't enough for him that he had to exploit the deal.

What would we report that as?

ECA put up this message on the page:

"Resale of ECA member benefits is a breach of the ECA Membership Agreement and will result in the immediate termination of such person's membership without renumeration."

Wish it would void the coupon if the account is terminated since the guy might've just generated a stock full.

[quote name='Lucian']I'm assuming you paid with your trade-in credit causing the credit balance. I have the same thing on my ODST preorder, a $3.40 credit. I emailed customer service and asked them to apply the credit to another open preorder. They said that the funds can't be released until after the order is processed when it's a gift card preorder. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

Yup, it was paid for with trade in credit. That sucks. I wanted to use my leftover credit before October.

[quote name='az0madman']What would we report that as?

ECA put up this message on the page:

"Resale of ECA member benefits is a breach of the ECA Membership Agreement and will result in the immediate termination of such person's membership without renumeration."

Wish it would void the coupon if the account is terminated since the guy might've just generated a stock full.[/QUOTE]

eBay hasn't done anything with this guy yet, but I went ahead and contacted the ECA. Who knows, maybe they can link his eBay ID to his ECA ID and cancel his membership or something.

If Amazon ends up removing this discount because of fuckers like Yalestudent, someone is going to die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back