(FREE) ECA Membership, Amazon Codes are down for time being

Status
Not open for further replies.

emeraldgsl

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Mods' edit:
No begging for codes. Beggars will be permabanned on the spot.

[img-l=5198]6006[/img-l]Get 10% off all your Amazon gaming purchases for a year and receive other special benefits by joining the ECA, a non-profit advocacy organization which is dedicated to defending and advancing the interests of gamers. Codes aren't available at the moment, unknown ETA when/if they'll be back.

icon4.gif
Join the ECA $14.99 (college students & military), others $19.99

(Free memberships available, see below.)

Complete list of discounts/benfits [hiddenlist]
Discounted games sales/rental offerings from:

• Amazon.com - download a code from the Benefits section to use at Amazon.com towards 10% off your games purchases. If you buy three or more games a year, this benefit alone makes being a member worth it.
  • Direct2Drive.com - download your code from the ECA's exclusive member benefits section to use at Direct2Drive.com towards 10% off your game purchases.Direct2Drive's easy and secure system lets you download full pc games, arcade games, anime, game guides, and comics from home instead of dealing with waiting time and inventory stock-outs. Check out thier site for the best way to buy!
  • GameFly - is offering ECA members a 30-day free trial to their video game rental service.
  • Good Old Games - a leading destination for download-to-own DRM-free classic PC games, is offering members 20% off of new game purchases.
  • Newegg/Patriot Gaming - get $10 off when you buy select memory sticks.
Discounted admission/access offerings from:

• NYComiCon - is offering members a discount on the price of admission.
  • Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) - members receive 10% off the price of admission to the Penny Arcade Expo in Seattle, Washington for pre-registrants.
  • TooManyGames - get $1 off entry to gaming community events.
  • VGXPO - America's Video Game Expo is offering 10% discounted admission.
Discounted/Free Trial offerings from:

• GameJobs - ECA members receive free resume uploads at GameJobs.com, the leading job board and career site serving the games business.
  • Hyatt Hotels - members receive a 5-10% discount on room rates at Hyatt Hotels throughout the US and Canada.
  • Prima Publishing - get 10% off of over 500 hint book and strategy guides.
  • Warcry - ECA members are invited to take advantage of a 30-day free trial membership in the Warcry Network's "Choice" program.
[/hiddenlist]

[quote name='dallascowboys']If you use the code GIMAG on theeca.com (found in an article of the new Crackdown GI issue), you can receive a free, full 1 year membership (I think it's only for new accounts). You do need a credit card to sign up, but if you cancel before the 1 year is up, you won't be charged. This is a great deal for the free amazon discount. Be sure to use the coupon soon, because the article doesn't mention the expiration for the coupon.

Enjoy guys!
dallascowboys

P.S. Now all of CAG can have an ECA membership!

Also, after you enter your CC number and the coupon, the page after lets you check everything before you submit your order. That way you know that the coupon worked and you won't be charged.

-----------------------

LinkinPrime Edit:

Check your spam filters for the confirmation link, if you signed up for the newsletter you will get 2 emails, one for the newsletter and one for the membership. For some reason the newsletter one showed up in my inbox and the membership was in my junk mail folder, so keep an eye out.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='slickkill77']You weren't kidding. Ok I found this on page 28. All credit goes to jacknicklson for the original faq (1-6).

ECA/Amazon FAQ

1. I can't get into the member's area/can't find out where to pay. Help!

After the initial registration email, you should receive a second email linking you to a payment page. You can request that this email be resent if need be. Make sure to check your junk/spam folders as well.

2. Will this work on consoles?

No. Games and most accessories only. Physical point cards are also eligible, but not digital point codes.

3. Do these work on Quick Picks/Deals of the Day/Trade-in Coupons?

Yes, Yes, and Yes!

4. How do I get my Quick Picks to show games?

http://betterelevation.com/2009/02/1...old-box-trick/
This should be a basis to get it to work for whatever you are interested in. It is not a science though so be persistent.

5. Does this work on Pre-orders?

Yes, it does. The price will also automatically take off 10% of whatever the final selling point is due to the Pre-Price Guarantee that Amazon offers.

6. I have heard that these offers have expired/been removed, is this true?

There have been a few instances where codes expired or they ran out but The ECA and Amazon have usually rectified the situation within a week or so. Also, the Terms of Service state that any membership benefits can change or be canceled without any notice so keep that in mind when signing up.

7. Double and Triple stacking

This is no longer possible. Don't bother trying. Originally when the ECA would run out of codes and switch to a new batch members were able to stack codes. A glitch in Amazon's system would keep older codes in your account, and it was possible to add codes from the newer batches to obtain more than 10% off. Amazon found out about this, hence the reason the codes are currently down/ being worked on.

8. Begging/Asking for codes

This is not allowed. If you beg/ask for a code you will be permabanned. No questions asked.

9. Selling codes

Definitely a big no no. If you do this, you will get reported to the ECA and your account will be shut down.

10. If I make a pre-order with a code a cancel it, will the code still work?

Yes. Codes should remain in your account but again they will no longer stack. It is one code per game. Amazon and the ECA are working on codes tied into our accounts but this option is not yet available.

11. If I already have a pre-order made, can I add a 10% off code to it?

You can not add a anything to an order once it is made except a gift card. You can try emailing Amazon customer support and ask them to add it. Generally they have no issue doing this for you but it's a crap shoot.

12. What if I already have a pre-order with the old codes applied? Should I be worried?

We don't know definitively, but chances are good that Amazon will not touch the pre orders we have already made.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='az0madman']
"Resale of ECA member benefits is a breach of the ECA Membership Agreement and will result in the immediate termination of such person's membership without renumeration."
[/QUOTE]
I sent the seller a message with that quote.

Looks like yalestudent has ended the listing.

eBay is currently clear of these scumbags.

I'm also having problems registering with ECA. I sent an email to the [email protected] address this afternoon and have gotten no response.

I've found nowhere to pay the $15 dues. I can log in, but when I click visit members area is says "access denied." I've been trying for about 24 hours to sign up as I want to preorder Madden 10 ASAP.

Edit: Changed my email address to my non-student one and it worked. Costs me $5 more but I'll make up for that with the discount still.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone that has gotten the 360 version of COD: MW2 Prestige Edition in their recommendations, how did you do it? I tried rating a few games, but no matter what i rate, i can't seem to get it there. Any help is appreciated.

[quote name='nateeasy29']If I sign up with this can I use the 30day membership to Gamefly even though Ive been a member in the past?[/QUOTE]

nope

[quote name='nateeasy29']If I sign up with this can I use the 30day membership to Gamefly even though Ive been a member in the past?[/QUOTE]

Chances are, probably not.

[quote name='nateeasy29']That sucks! Im still going to sign up and preorder Madden and maybe Batman.[/QUOTE]

wait... have you sign up using a trail membership before? might work idk

[quote name='aaronmills']"yalestudent" needs to get schooled in the ways of the CAG: Reported to eBay.

Congratulations, loser, you're making money off a non-profit group. :applause:[/QUOTE]
I bet he's a CAG.
A fucking dumb CAG.

Can i register in ECA if im not USA/CANADA People???

me argentinian, so, cant put argentina in the country box... im thinking e-mail to the support of eca's page...

but anyone know what happen if i register with a false address / how to register if im outside of USA/Canada?????....

thanks in advance, Kero.

[quote name='djkero']Can i register in ECA if im not USA/CANADA People???

me argentinian, so, cant put argentina in the country box... im thinking e-mail to the support of eca's page...

but anyone know what happen if i register with a false address / how to register if im outside of USA/Canada?????....

thanks in advance, Kero.[/QUOTE]
If you are doing it for the Amazon discount, Amazon will not ship games Internationally. However, if you have a friend or relative in the US that can ship the games to you, that would work.

what sucks in a way i have amazon credit and the 10% will not come off..

was trying to buy the game of the day for 9.98 what would be 7.98 since i have 30 bucks credit its not giving me the 10% off ... called up and asked and they said i need to blow the entire 30 credit before the 10% coupon will work...

[quote name='no_exit']I sent the seller a message with that quote.

Looks like yalestudent has ended the listing.

eBay is currently clear of these scumbags.[/QUOTE]

I got an e-mail back from the ECA earlier this morning. They said they were "handling this as we speak." If they weren't the ones who helped take the listing down, hopefully they can take-down yalestudent and the other punks like him by at least revoking their ECA memberships.

[quote name='slidecage']what sucks in a way i have amazon credit and the 10% will not come off..

was trying to buy the game of the day for 9.98 what would be 7.98 since i have 30 bucks credit its not giving me the 10% off ... called up and asked and they said i need to blow the entire 30 credit before the 10% coupon will work...[/QUOTE]

That's ridiculous. I was able to use my ECA discount on at least one game and did not use any credit from one of the previous promotions...

[quote name='aaronmills']I got an e-mail back from the ECA earlier this morning. They said they were "handling this as we speak." If they weren't the ones who helped take the listing down, hopefully they can take-down yalestudent and the other punks like him by at least revoking their ECA memberships.[/QUOTE]
Well done!! :applause:

It seems like I don't have to put in my ECA code anymore. There is always a 10% off applied to my purchases when I go to finalize my order.

I noticed this with Batman when I canceled to add the $5 off coupon, but I've since noticed it happening on the rest of the games I've pre-ordered in the last few days. Does anyone else have this happen to them? Maybe ECA has finally been able to link up with Amazon?

Definitely not, you might have had codes applied that were never used. I just tried. Also, both emails are the same so its definitely not linked.

ahmmm soooo Dis informated man, Amazon Ships to argentina brazil and much countries... (yeah, i need to pay shipment and customs) but yes... they ship... so, can i create 1 ECA Acc. if im not usa/canada???

Oh my GOD there's a video game in my goldbox! Too bad it's uncharted 2 and even after playing through most of uncharted and liking it,(when it turned into resident evil I got a little annoyed, haven't finished it..) I don't think I care about picking this game up on release day.

[quote name='djkero']ahmmm soooo Dis informated man, Amazon Ships to argentina brazil and much countries... (yeah, i need to pay shipment and customs) but yes... they ship... so, can i create 1 ECA Acc. if im not usa/canada???[/QUOTE]
I know that Amazon does ship Internationally but on games, they do not. If you look at game, you will see the following blurb: "Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues."

In the past when I have tried to order games from the UK or Canada I always get an error stating that shipping is not available for my shipping address here in the US.

I checked multiple games, multiple formats and they all had this same message.

[quote name='slidecage']what sucks in a way i have amazon credit and the 10% will not come off..

was trying to buy the game of the day for 9.98 what would be 7.98 since i have 30 bucks credit its not giving me the 10% off ... called up and asked and they said i need to blow the entire 30 credit before the 10% coupon will work...[/QUOTE]That was an interestingly written sentence....

Anyway, percent off coupon codes are treated as Amazon credit and as such can't be used separately as you have come to find out. Here's a way around that, which I posted a while back:

1) Find any item that will use up all your credit, provided it is a pre-order (this is very important). This item will serve as a temporary placeholder of your Amazon credit.

2) Now, go and order whatever game you want with your ECA discount.

3) After having ordered your game w/ discount, go back and cancel the pre-ordered item. This places your Amazon credit back in your account.

Man, im looking DS GAMES and i know the US ONLY SHIP, but is for X Quantity of new or by law cant sell to out of us/canada and P.O. office... and lah~~...

but much games, like Elite Beat Agents is 9.99 Dollars and ship worldwide, the thing say This Item CAN BE SHIPPED To other countries outside US. or something like...

SO I CAN CREATE MY ECA??? anyone knows?

[quote name='djkero']Man, im looking DS GAMES and i know the US ONLY SHIP, but is for X Quantity of new or by law cant sell to out of us/canada and P.O. office... and lah~~...

but much games, like Elite Beat Agents is 9.99 Dollars and ship worldwide, the thing say This Item CAN BE SHIPPED To other countries outside US. or something like...

SO I CAN CREATE MY ECA??? anyone knows?[/QUOTE]

The discount doesn't work on games sold by third parties which is exactly what you described. This discount is not going to help you at all.

the discount is not working for the xbox 360 Red Controller Play and Charge kit on sale for 41.xx..
I just bought a black controller with this discount a couple days ago... i really want the red one also but i feel like im being jipped out of $4 bucks..

but it does work for a Preorder of Left 4 Dead 2..

Also it seems like the terms for the eca discount redemption policy has changed. it states:

Offer: ECA members enjoy 10% off all games-related purchases at Amazon.com (SOFTWARE- ONLY). If you buy 3+ games per year, this benefit alone rationalizes your membership dues.

I think that stinks if they changed the policy after you have paid your membership dues.

edit:
Just checked some accessories like the 360 120 gb hard drive and it still takes off discount.. i dont know why it doesnt work for this remote package.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']That was an interestingly written sentence....

Anyway, percent off coupon codes are treated as Amazon credit and as such can't be used separately as you have come to find out. Here's a way around that, which I posted a while back:

1) Find any item that will use up all your credit, provided it is a pre-order (this is very important). This item will serve as a temporary placeholder of your Amazon credit.

2) Now, go and order whatever game you want with your ECA discount.

3) After having ordered your game w/ discount, go back and cancel the pre-ordered item. This places your Amazon credit back in your account.[/QUOTE]

Be careful there cause that is not True (at least what amazon told me)

amazon credit me some money cause a game was late shipping out..> I was told if i preorder anything and cancel that PROMO Money is gone and can NOT Be returned...

now normal credit might be different but a GIFT credit can not be cancelled

o well the DAY OF THE DAY FOR THE DS is kind of suckie anyways..

[quote name='djkero']Man, im looking DS GAMES and i know the US ONLY SHIP, but is for X Quantity of new or by law cant sell to out of us/canada and P.O. office... and lah~~...

SO I CAN CREATE MY ECA??? anyone knows?[/QUOTE]

I suggest that you email ECA instead of asking us the same question over and over and over!

[quote name='fusion0fangels']Amazon's really toying with me. I guessing they're hinting that I should read more books.
wtfailgoldbox.jpg
[/QUOTE]
LMAO! I feel your pain, mine is showing irons and some CDs.........

slidecage - are you saying because you have Amazon gift card credit you can't use the 10% off code? That is all I am using and it works for me (at least it did yesterday). All my purchases are now with trade-in credit (which is just the same as "gift card" credit).

Here's my Persona PSP purchase (which showed up in my Gold Box yesterday - it was amazing, it was ALL games yesterday but today it reverted back to useless stuff):

Subtotal of Items: $36.99
Shipping & Handling: $4.49
Gold Box Discount: -$1.85
Super Saver Discount: -$4.49
Pre-order Guarantee: -$0.00
Promotion Applied: -$3.70
Promotion Applied: -$30.00
Promotion Applied: -$0.00
------
Total: $1.44
Gift Cards: -$1.44
------
Total for this Order: $0.00

I'm curious as to what the "Promotion Applied: -$0.00" was for. But the $3.70 was the ECA discount.

[quote name='fusion0fangels']Amazon's really toying with me. I guessing they're hinting that I should read more books.
wtfailgoldbox.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Dude, you have three of the exact same picks I had, all on the exact same day. . .

fuck Amazon.

Well, I'm still trying to get items in my Gold Box -- but I've yet to have any luck with it. On a side note, I went ahead and pre-ordered 3 of my items:

PS3 - Demon's Soul Deluxe Edition - $62.99
360 - Dragon Age: Origins Collectors Edition - $67.49
MULTI - Dragon Age: Origins Collectors Edition Strategy Guide (Hardcover) - $23.09

I've already saved $14.50 with my new ECA membership, and have plenty more games to order with it. Also, considering I have a permanent student email, I got the discounted price of $15 for the membership. Have plenty more games to buy as well, so it'll see it's uses.

Just to note, the ECA discount stayed in (and is still in) my cart. It wasn't doing that before but now it appears to be staying around for multiple orders. Had 2 seperate orders, one this morning and one this evening, and the code from the 1st order still activated the discount on my order this evening. This may have been fixed and I've just not ordered anything in awhile. :roll:

Also, discount doesn't apply to the Dragon Age: Origins Collectors Edition (Hardcover) Strategy Guide. However, most places wanted me to pre-order it for like $34.99... so I went ahead and locked in my $23.09 on Amazon anyway.

Thank you ECA! I look forward to abu... I mean ... using you in the months to come!

[quote name='Jodou']Dude, you have three of the exact same picks I had, all on the exact same day. . .

fuck Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Well I don't know about you, but I'm seriously looking forward to Julia & Julia: My Year of Cooking Dangerously.

[/QUOTE]

Heh.... I bought the Twilight book set and it still ended up in my gold box. Not just once, but twice!

[quote name='Jodou']Dude, you have three of the exact same picks I had, all on the exact same day. . .

fuck Amazon.[/QUOTE]

They're offering you what most people buy it seems like. I've got two games, an electronic pencil sharpener, and 3 items related to purifying water (I guess Amazon figured out that the tap water around here tastes like crap).

[quote name='abhinav']How do i get the student discount for this membership? It's only coming or as $20 for me...[/QUOTE]

Use your student email to register with.

[quote name='Fieri']They're offering you what most people buy it seems like. I've got two games, an electronic pencil sharpener, and 3 items related to purifying water (I guess Amazon figured out that the tap water around here tastes like crap).[/QUOTE]

Maybe that's it, some/most/all(in my case=/) of your quick picks are popular items from all customers on amazon. I've had a pencil sharpener and I swear 20 different water purifying objects in the past few weeks.

[/QUOTE]

You guys have messed with your "items you own" section right? Making sure to check the "do not use as recommendation" and what not.

Though a while back I did get a bunch of crap like toilet paper and drills one day... I finally did get games but there all oldies. :(

[quote name='az0madman']You guys have messed with your "items you own" section right? Making sure to check the "do not use as recommendation" and what not.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure EVERYONE here has. Maybe you need to have more games in your recommended section and that's my problem. But since I don't want my pick of like 100 different games, I only want a handful of upcoming releases, having that many random games being picked from for my goldbox wouldn't be any better than baby wipes and heart monitors =/

Finally signed up and in less than 30 minutes the money I paid for membership is already repaid through all the games I bought/preordered from Amazon. Love that 10% off.

[quote name='Bucknut']Use your student email to register with.[/QUOTE]

Worked like a charm, thanks!

Oh and i have had some super fucked up Gold boxes recently, knitting and pottery included... Todays is good though, GoW III preorder is up there along with a 4000 point card.

[quote name='shrike4242']Well, I made the plunge and picked up a membership.[/QUOTE]
Good move - Welcome aboard Shrike!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back